Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:53 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
gee, a puff piece love letter of an opinion piece by a GOP speech writer...wow
Hard to call it a puff piece when it's all true. Poor leftists snowflakes are beside themselves with grief. Words hurt.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:10 PM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
If Hillary was POTUS, would she have been more honest, more of a liar, or about the same as Trump?

Who knows but it is a certainty that the media would be spinning lots of lies to be covering her scandals.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:21 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Liberals love pointing out how President Trump lies... as long as nobody compares him to his predecessors' lies, broken promises, and general untrustworthiness, that far exceed Trump's.

-----------------------------------------

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.3d03d53e30e4

Trump could be the most honest president in modern history

by Marc A. Thiessen
October 11

Donald Trump may be remembered as the most honest president in modern American history.

Don’t get me wrong, Trump lies all the time. He said that he “enacted the biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history” (actually they are the eighth largest) and that “our economy is the strongest it’s ever been in the history of our country” (which may one day be true, but not yet). In part, it’s a New York thing — everything is the biggest and the best.

But when it comes to the real barometer of presidential truthfulness — keeping his promises — Trump is a paragon of honesty. For better or worse, since taking office Trump has done exactly what he promised he would.

Trump kept his promise to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, something his three immediate predecessors also promised yet failed to do. He promised to “crush and destroy ISIS,” and two years later he is on the verge of eliminating the Islamic State’s physical caliphate. He promised to impose a travel ban on countries that he saw as posing a terrorist threat, and after several false starts the final version of his ban was upheld by the Supreme Court. He promised to punish Syria if it used chemical weapons on its people, and, unlike his immediate predecessor, he followed through — not once but twice.

Trump pledged to nominate Supreme Court justices “in the mold of Justice [Antonin] Scalia,” and now Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh sit on the high court. Trump also pledged to fill the federal appellate courts with young, conservative judges, and so far the Senate has confirmed 29 — more than any recent president at this point in his administration.

Trump vowed to pass historic tax reforms and signed the first major overhaul of the tax code in three decades. He vowed an unprecedented regulatory rollback, with a strict policy to eliminate two existing regulations for every new regulation. In his first year, he achieved $8.1 billion in lifetime regulatory savings and is on track to achieve an additional $9.8 billion this year.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL. Click on it for a long list of campaign promises Trump has kept.)
Ummm you right wingers complain all the time about the WP, so this must be fake news.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:24 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Actual translation = I'm not a lemming Fox news follower who mistakes opinion pieces for real news.
So where do you get your news that is so full of facts as opposed to opinions 24/7? CNN? MSNBC? Morning Joe? Jimmy Kimmel? The View?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:47 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
So where do you get your news that is so full of facts as opposed to opinions 24/7? CNN? MSNBC? Morning Joe? Jimmy Kimmel? The View?
Not that your inane post deserves it, but I’ll bite. Reuters is pretty good at just the facts. Where do you go? Brietbart, Fox, daily caller? See, I can do it too!!

Old 10-17-2018, 11:49 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Hard to call it a puff piece when it's all true. Poor leftists snowflakes are beside themselves with grief. Words hurt.
Ah, making my point for me. Appreciate it

Old 10-18-2018, 06:03 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
OK then, let's refute the message.

Keeping promises is not the barometer of presidential truthfulness.

" It just isn’t — they’re somewhat related, but they aren’t the same thing at all. You can be honest and fail to keep your promises for any number of reasons, and Trump is living proof that you can keep promises while lying every step of the way. The assertion that the real measure of honesty is not honesty itself but something else sounds a lot like a concerted act of rationalization, a way of supporting a president who lies with shocking regularity while convincing yourself that you’re still a moral person for whom honesty matters." Paul Waldman

But if promises are your thing, study this impartial list of unkept Trump promises:

Provide Americans with “insurance for everybody.”
Repeal the affordable care act and replace it with something terrific
Build a wall on the southern border and make Mexico pay for it.
Eliminate the “carried interest loophole” that benefits hedge fund managers.
Pass a massive infrastructure plan.
Officially declare China a currency manipulator.
Bring back the use of torture.
Sue the women who accused him of sexual misconduct.
Release his tax returns.
Appoint a special prosecutor to target Hillary Clinton.
Provide six weeks of paid leave to women who have children.
Eliminate the deficit and pay off the national debt

For a great rebuttal piece to "refute the message", see this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.2917a1953698
^^^^^

The first time I've seen someone edit one of their own posts and put civility as one of the reasons for editing.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:09 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Leftists won't know what the truth is until they are told by their masters (MSM), but unfortunately their masters (MSM) are the biggest liars.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:14 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Washington Post: Trump could be the most honest president in modern history
And I could be the richest man I the world.

I'm not. But I could be.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:25 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Hillary told all Americans she hated half of our population. So stupid, maybe that's what the attraction was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies