Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 04:19 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,657 times

Advertisements

I find it disconcerting that so many people place their partisan ideologies over common sense and mutual Constitutional rights that we should all defend.

Sheep to slaughter is the appropriate analogy.

A lot of you need to work on your reading comprehension skills, as a few of you constantly ask questions that are clearly answered in the first place. Though I'm sure much of that is intentional.

Sad

Old 12-06-2018, 04:25 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
...Constitutional rights that we should all defend.

exactly what constitutional right do you believe is being violated?

Old 12-06-2018, 04:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Obviously things could always change, but here's a brief timeline for Special Counsel over the next few months:

https://twitter.com/vanityman/status...42250840465408
Mueller is in the Christmas spirit of giving. Merry Christmas America! -Sincerely Robert Mueller!

Old 12-06-2018, 04:33 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Mueller is in the Christmas spirit of giving. Merry Christmas America! -Sincerely Robert Mueller!
Amen! Bob Mueller is an American hero and is doing God's will on earth.

Evil people like Donald Trump will be held accountable

Old 12-09-2018, 07:00 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
All those deep state FBI and DOJ officials (plus a wife) refusing to answer simple questions and pleading the Fifth?

Almost makes you think they might have something to hide, doesn't it?

If I were Mueller, I would have a chat with Nellie Ohr and ask her what she was doing at Fusion GPS and if she ever met Natalia Veselnitskaya.

I would also explain to Glenn Simpson that if he refuses to answer my questions, I'll be forced to get the information I seek from all the people that would likely finger him.

The same goes for Strzok, McCabe, Page, Ohr and Ohr, Brennan, Comey, Rosenstein, Baker, Lynch, Rice, et. al.

Of course, Mueller isn't interested in what really happened.

He has a fairy tale to produce.
You don't get it.
Mueller cannot investigate any thing but the single affair he was charged to look at.

That affair was the Russian interference in the 2016 election. That, and only that one affair was his responsibility to investigate. He did not volunteer to come out of retirement to head the team. He was requested to be the leader and he accepted.

He cannot investigate anything but this one matter. If there are tangents that spin off from it within the DOJ that involve former or present DOJ officials, unless those officials have some direct connecting evidence that Mueller's team has found all by itself, Mueller can't widen his investigation.

It's forbidden by the laws he is working under. But if others within the DOJ are involved in some way that is outside of Mueller's purview, then the Attorney General can authorize someone else to investigate them.

And that investigator has to do exactly the same thing as Mueller. He cannot go beyond the boundaries of his own investigation.

For any investigation to be authorized, there has to be sufficient evidence of a crime that has been committed to proceed. The DOJ can find that preliminary evidence on its own, but once found, it must go to Congress for authorization to create a Special Investigation. Congress then oversees the investigation once it is authorized, and Congressional oversight committees make the final determination on what to do once the investigation's report is received.

Mueller is not responsible for prosecuting anyone he uncovers. That's the DOJ's job, or the job of a State or Federal court, depending on what the findings present.

Robert Mueller is not the Lone Ranger. He cannot come to town, arrest the Sheriff, and clean the town up. He does not have those powers. If the crooked Sheriff has henchmen that are suspicious but there is no evidence connecting them directly to the Sheriff, the Lone Ranger could go get 'em, but Mueller can't.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You don't get it.
Mueller cannot investigate any thing but the single affair he was charged to look at.

That affair was the Russian interference in the 2016 election. That, and only that one affair was his responsibility to investigate. He did not volunteer to come out of retirement to head the team. He was requested to be the leader and he accepted.

He cannot investigate anything but this one matter. If there are tangents that spin off from it within the DOJ that involve former or present DOJ officials, unless those officials have some direct connecting evidence that Mueller's team has found all by itself, Mueller can't widen his investigation.

It's forbidden by the laws he is working under. But if others within the DOJ are involved in some way that is outside of Mueller's purview, then the Attorney General can authorize someone else to investigate them.

And that investigator has to do exactly the same thing as Mueller. He cannot go beyond the boundaries of his own investigation.

For any investigation to be authorized, there has to be sufficient evidence of a crime that has been committed to proceed. The DOJ can find that preliminary evidence on its own, but once found, it must go to Congress for authorization to create a Special Investigation. Congress then oversees the investigation once it is authorized, and Congressional oversight committees make the final determination on what to do once the investigation's report is received.

Mueller is not responsible for prosecuting anyone he uncovers. That's the DOJ's job, or the job of a State or Federal court, depending on what the findings present.

Robert Mueller is not the Lone Ranger. He cannot come to town, arrest the Sheriff, and clean the town up. He does not have those powers. If the crooked Sheriff has henchmen that are suspicious but there is no evidence connecting them directly to the Sheriff, the Lone Ranger could go get 'em, but Mueller can't.
That's a pretty good way of putting it that even I can understand.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:38 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
... and Junior ...

i prefer the name "Individual-1.2"

Old 12-09-2018, 08:55 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That's a pretty good way of putting it that even I can understand.
Trump is in big trouble.

Ken

Old 12-09-2018, 09:00 PM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
All those deep state FBI and DOJ officials (plus a wife) refusing to answer simple questions and pleading the Fifth?

Almost makes you think they might have something to hide, doesn't it?

If I were Mueller, I would have a chat with Nellie Ohr and ask her what she was doing at Fusion GPS and if she ever met Natalia Veselnitskaya.

I would also explain to Glenn Simpson that if he refuses to answer my questions, I'll be forced to get the information I seek from all the people that would likely finger him.

The same goes for Strzok, McCabe, Page, Ohr and Ohr, Brennan, Comey, Rosenstein, Baker, Lynch, Rice, et. al.

Of course, Mueller isn't interested in what really happened.

He has a fairy tale to produce.
Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies