Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Did Flynn ever get sentenced? Last I heard the judge presiding over Flynn's case was none too happy with Mr. Muller.
He will be sentenced in December.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:26 PM

23,557 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, there has been absolutely ZERO leaks from the Mueller team. A few folks who were INTERVIEWED by the team leaked stuff, but the team itself has leaked ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Totally professional all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And yet you can't come up with a SINGLE LEAK from the team.
You say "...he could very well be leaking" - so what kind of leak is it that we don't hear it? How is it a LEAK then?
LOL
You can't name a leak because there haven't been ANY.

You folks can't seem to grasp that idea - probably because you don't understand the concept of INTEGRITY.
If you disagree with that, tell WHAT EXACTLY Mueller's team has LEAKED.

Ken
Uh huh. You just made a post saying that there were leaks....."You can't name a leak because there haven't been ANY."......now, you're trying to say there wasn't any.

Since you swear up and down that he does not leak, that the leak comes from others, then you can list every leak and put a verifiable name with the leak. If you cannot do that then you cannot say that mueller does not leak and no leaks came from him....the ball's in your court!

Old 10-17-2018, 08:45 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
If Mueller had anything even remotely close to proof of collusion between Trump and Russia it would have been leaked and/or it would have been brought to the attention of the Congress before they allowed Trump to appoint a second judge to the SCOTUS. There's no way the US government machine in DC would have allowed that confirmation process to move forward knowing that they had proof. Mueller's report means very little to the left though, no matter what it says they'll take it as a conviction of Donald Trump and justification for impeachment. The left also knows that if they take the house after the midterms they can continue to resist this President at every turn with no justification for it.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:56 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If they had anything substantial, it would have already been leaked. Everything else was.
If there was any there, there, it would be released before the election to help dims.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:12 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I would say with 99% certainty that if Mueller finds Trump guilty, most conservatives will refuse to accept that and the GOP-controlled Congress will refuse to impeach. Trump will get away with it. But, it will likely energize Democrats for 2020 and Trump's approval rating will fall to about 30-35% as he loses everyone who is not part of his core base. Keep in mind that Trump supporters already believe and are promoting the narrative that the entire thing is a conspiracy by the DNC to overthrow the election results.
Mueller is a number of things.....a prosecutor...a former head of the FBI....a war hero....but he isn't 'judge and jury'.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:22 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
This lone statement is why the country is in the shape it's in. Muller is not judge, jury, and executioner. He is investigating. There is no guilty verdict from him. He will put together a report that will detail his findings. Good, bad or indifferent.

I'm looking through the thread after replying to a post, and seeing the above for the first time. My other reply = the same point, that Mueller is neither the judge nor jury.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I'm sorry, but insane nonsense about it being the dems does not suddenly end a thread. If that were so this could be a place full of ended threads.

Here is my guess:
Trump obstructed justice repeatedly simply because of his own ignorance, and corrupt practices.
Trump did not collude with Russia, but multiple members of Trumps team did so without his knowledge.

And.....a LOT more people end up going to jail.

What happens afterwards will define our country.

I usually don't jump into threads this late, but I do have to tell you that to prove obstruction, you have to prove INTENT, so if it looks like he did anthing out of ignorance, he is by definition exonerated.

But the obstruction argument will not even get that far. He has a legal right to fire Comey for any reason. Nor did it end the investigation. Obstruction is completely off the table.

As for collusion, Grassley, Feinstein, Comey and, in a subdued and partial way, Muellar himself, have all told everyone that Trump is not and has never been a target.

There will be some vague, boney-finger shaking language about something, but Trump will walk away a free man, most of the country will move on, and braindead libs will try to sell it as a great victory, just like Pocahantas being 1/64th to 1/1024th Peruvian/Columbian on an unpublished test.

Really, don't ya'll ever get tired of making fools of yourselves (not you personally...you seem good).

Old 10-18-2018, 07:40 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
This investigation is completely political, if the dems win the House, Mueller will probably drag this out longer, and may even try to subpoena Trump.

If the Republicans retain control of congress, Mueller will wrap up, and release his report this year, or early 2019.

Its highly unlikely there will be enough evidence to indict anyone for collusion with the Russians, or clear evidence of obstruction, but Mueller will do his best to muddy the waters, intentionally trying to leave doubts in people's minds.

Remember that Mueller doesn't have to prove anything, all he has to do is take a steaming dump on a platter, and serve it up the the dems, and they'll eat every bit of it up.

This is what Mueller did by indicting Russians that will never be in court, and he will never have to prove anything.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised that Mueller's report will not put this issue to rest.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:52 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If they had anything substantial, it would have already been leaked. Everything else was.
Why does this remind me of the little boy whistling in the dark?

Old 10-18-2018, 07:55 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Why does this remind me of the little boy whistling in the dark?
There are no secrets in DC, and as others have pointed out, if Mueller had evidence that would impeach Trump, they would have never let Trump appoint another Supreme Court Justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies