Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what should be done regarding 'innocent until proven guilty?'
conservative: discard it. 0 0%
conservative: greatly restrict it, for example to criminal trials only. 0 0%
conservative: keep it as it has been. 67 56.30%
liberal: discard it. 2 1.68%
liberal: greatly restrict it, for example to criminal trials only. 0 0%
liberal:keep it as it has been. 13 10.92%
independent: discard it. 0 0%
independent: greatly restrict it, for example to criminal trials only. 1 0.84%
independent:keep it as it has been. 36 30.25%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:54 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Correct.
I must say it was the weakest and dumbest smear attempt in history. It was a utter joke! Bring a woman forward with no creditable evidence whatsoever, none! And what little evidence they thought they had was ludicrous (i.e. woman sat there, did nothing and witnessed over 10 orchestrated gang rapes) no evidence of that either.

Pathetic to say the least. Just sad and embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 09:06 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I must say it was the weakest and dumbest smear attempt in history. It was a utter joke! Bring a woman forward with no creditable evidence whatsoever, none! And what little evidence they thought they had was ludicrous (i.e. woman sat there, did nothing and witnessed over 10 orchestrated gang rapes) no evidence of that either.

Pathetic to say the least. Just sad and embarrassing.
Yes it was keystone cops to the max. I heard Rush Limbaugh predict that, with the delay of the FBI investigations, that more accusers would come forth. He said that Feinstein & Co. probably had them 'in their back pockets.' It didn't happen. At least that would have indicated a certain competence in executing the smear, but they didn't even have that.

Hopefully we will hear from some of the Ford/Senate Dem apologists in this thread. So far it's crickets.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:08 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
It needs to stop being used as a scapegoat for liars who have the power to suppress the truth.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Yes it was keystone cops to the max. I heard Rush Limbaugh predict that, with the delay of the FBI investigations, that more accusers would come forth. He said that Feinstein & Co. probably had them 'in their back pockets.' It didn't happen. At least that would have indicated a certain competence in executing the smear, but they didn't even have that.

Hopefully we will hear from some of the Ford/Senate Dem apologists in this thread. So far it's crickets.
The smear that was nt.

It was the truth.
It was squashed, rapidly, by those in power to squash the inconvenient truths in life.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The smear that was nt.

It was the truth.
It was squashed, rapidly, by those in power to squash the inconvenient truths in life.
How do you conclude that it was the truth with no evidence? It happened 36 years ago, and none of the named witnesses could confirm Ford's account.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
How do you conclude that it was the truth with no evidence? It happened 36 years ago, and none of the named witnesses could confirm Ford's account.
ya missed it.
The truth was suppressed by those in power to suppress it .

Old 10-17-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
ya missed it.
What is your evidence of that?

Old 10-17-2018, 09:58 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
ya missed it.
You mean like Feinswine did sitting on that information and not saying a word, until it was leaked last minute before his confirmation? Because to be honest, DeLeon wouldn't have waited. Chances are that guy would have had that front and center, and Kavanaugh would have been tanked.

Instead, ya'll radicalized Lindsey Graham, got the old farm boy Chuck Grassley fuming and Kavanaugh confirmed.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:46 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Should 'innocent until proven guilty' be discarded as a bedrock American principle?

Naw. All we need to do is, the political party that tries so often to discard it (the Democrat party) should itself be discarded as a major American party.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:04 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
I have been both falsely accused of sexual assault and been a victim of it. If I had reported the person who did that to me, I would expect the justice system to do its job. I would expect innocent until proven guilty to be the reality. On one hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Ford was sexually assaulted. At the same time, I would let the courts do their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies