Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 08:49 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Oh come on. The other 60% of the population aren't in opposition to all of those? That is nonsense and you know it.
They don't act it then...liberals have framed it as the poor little immigrant...

...and totally ignored the crimes

I'm all for closing the border no matter what it takes...the system is in place...they should follow the law and apply in their country..

...and I'm mostly in favor of taking that same amount of money, housing, medical, etc and using it to help our own American citizens that are homeless...mostly because of drugs....and mostly because those drugs are coming across our open southern border
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 08:57 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
He's not going to do that. What an idiot. Just trying to distract from the growing pressure on the Saudis.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:59 AM

52,264 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
After 8 years of being the worlds doormat, Trump is a refreshing change.
I don't really like Trump personally, I find him repugnant, but I do kind of like him throwing some elbows around. Obama was such a candyass with that red line deal it's nice to have a guy say we're not going to take crap and then actually do something about it. Again, not a Trump guy, but I like how he's giving China the bird, the French environmental accord deal and now telling Nicaragua to reel their crap in or the money's going to stop. I don't see a damn thing wrong with telling their government that.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:07 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Dims are upset as they were counting on these illegals voting next month and getting rewarded with free stuff.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:23 AM

52,264 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Dims are upset as they were counting on these illegals voting next month and getting rewarded with free stuff.
I used to hear this type of stuff and think to myself that it's simply partisan rhetoric, but I don't know, lately they dems only seem to care about illegals and they don't say a damn thing about the unemployed or underemployed people here, never hear anything anymore about taking care of the little guy, the average joe shmoe.

The crap I hear from them is about taking care of the dreamers, we shouldn't have borders or build a wall, let's get rid of ICE, things along those lines. It's frankly making me sick to my stomach. If you call them out on it, you're simply just a stupid simpleton redneck racist.

Remember that movie Falling Down??? I think we're going to be seeing more and more of that type of stuff in the future.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:39 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't think it's a very good screen door. It's full of holes.

No.. a really good screen door would work. And, I think that segment you are worried about would come with a wall in place, so it's better to have actual humans who patrol to catch those types, really.

Let em come that doesn't mean they'd gain entry with a wall. Have you not read the numerous links I have posted in here showing how the good walls have been a huge deterrant? Humans cost money a wall is a one time cost. Not that we wouldn't need the Border Patrol anymore at the more difficult and dangerous areas to cross because we still would.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:45 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I think you need to look into the origins of the term "banana republic."
If it looks and sounds like a duck, then it is a duck.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:47 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
There are roughly 160 million people that want to come to the United States. Should we let all of them in, too? Just think of all the undocumented Democrats that could assure that the United States becomes Obama's 3rd world dream.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:51 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
How do we know they, like everyone before them, aren't going to arrive here, apply for entry, and comply with our policies just like many before them?

Did you really just type that!!? You're killing me!

Old 10-18-2018, 09:55 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Default What is Trump Afraid Of?

Last I heard, there are 4,000 dirt poor, south Americans in a 'migrant caravan' walking though Mexico toward the United States.

In my opinion, this is not a threat. If it were some kind of armed military, it might be different.

Yet Trump is threating to close the border and call up the military for protection against a few unarmed civilians!

You would think Russia and China are invading for all of his hype.

I say its nothing but political propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies