Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 03:04 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

For months now we've heard about this massive "blue wave" in November that would sweep across the country and give Liberals majorities in both houses of Congress. Fast forward to today and I'm not hearing that talk from anyone except the most die hard left wingers who are clearly out of their minds. Over the last couple days I've started to see the shift from the media and the left about what a victory would look like, it's very similar to the shift we saw right before the 2016 election where Trump voters stayed calm and the left openly mocked them claiming that the race was over and that Hillary had already won.

Even on this forum there's a shift taking place, the left is starting to realize that this race isn't over and the American people aren't going to just give up by allowing democrats to destroy a booming economy, lower taxes and increased attention to our border security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 03:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
For months now we've heard about this massive "blue wave" in November that would sweep across the country and give Liberals majorities in both houses of Congress. Fast forward to today and I'm not hearing that talk from anyone except the most die hard left wingers who are clearly out of their minds. Over the last couple days I've started to see the shift from the media and the left about what a victory would look like, it's very similar to the shift we saw right before the 2016 election where Trump voters stayed calm and the left openly mocked them claiming that the race was over and that Hillary had already won.

Even on this forum there's a shift taking place, the left is starting to realize that this race isn't over and the American people aren't going to just give up by allowing democrats to destroy a booming economy, lower taxes and increased attention to our border security.
Nope. I'm not and I don't think you should assume this forum, of all places, is a good place to test your assumptions.

I think I'm hearing the lard ass in chief talk more and more about how it's not his fault if the Rs do poorly in November, so there's that bit of intel to consider.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
I think neither side should be gloating at this point. One of them is going to be eating serious crow. Did no one learn after the 2016 elections?

All this boasting and the smart ass comments are going to bite some people in the backside soon. Which party will it be? Don't know. Could be either one at this point.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Yup, no blue wave. No need for you to vote if you're a conservative, you folks have this locked up. Just relax.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:34 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yup, no blue wave. No need for you to vote if you're a conservative, you folks have this locked up. Just relax.
Due to the successful Trump economic policies, the great economy, historically low unemployment, excellent stock, and housing markets, Republicans will vote in large numbers to keep the country going in the right direction. You guys can keep worrying about man made climate change, open borders, pot, and Confederate statues while defending the violence of Antifa, BLM, and MS-13. See how that works out for ya.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:47 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Hey, don't forget to vote on Nov 7.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:47 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

The only reason they are shifting is because Trump' approval rating is almost even. In spite of their non-stop Trump-hate Parade.

They have to pretend they are coming back to being non-partisan, if that's even possible. Never know, the herds are pretty damn stupid. They still believe NYT only publishes "News That's Fit to Print" and that Politifact is unbiased.

One thing I know I can always count on is for the Dems to shoot themselves in the foot. They can't help themselves. Their hate now outweighs their sensibilities. Even Juan Williams has been twisting in the wind trying to defend the uber-left. Hilarious and sad.

That wave will be nothing but a calm lake when all is said and done.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope. I'm not and I don't think you should assume this forum, of all places, is a good place to test your assumptions.
I'm not basing this on anything I see or have read on this forum.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
If for one second you think conservatives aren't aware of how important this election is you're crazy, we're just smart enough to stay quiet and handle our business on election day like we did in 2016... the same goes for polls.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:50 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The only reason they are shifting is because Trump' approval rating are almost even. In spite of their non-stop Trump-hate Parade.

They have to pretend they are coming back to being non-partisan, if that's even possible. Never know, the herds are pretty damn stupid.
Even with what?

Aren't you part of a herd too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies