Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 08:42 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,284,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Really? Why wasn't the film ever shown? I never saw it on any of the Montana news programs in the days following the incident. I'm sure local and national news would have paid big money for that film or tape, yet it never appeared. I wonder why? Perhaps because it didn't exist, ya think?
I watched Channel Two news, both CBS and local, every day during that time; and also read the Billings Gazette every morning. I don't remember any mention of any recording other than that of the guardian reporter (audio only).
I have wondered ever since why the Fox News crew didn't film the altercation, or if they did, why they didn't release it.
One of the many reasons I believe the incident was a deliberate set-up!
I don’t know. I look at the guy’s smirk and I think, He looks like a poster child for the MSM’s contempt for flover America. So yeah — he deserved to be knocked on his ashcan. A real man would have fought back instead of whining about his broken glasses.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
He was found guilty....he did it.

It wasn't a plea bargain...he didn't settle.

He was guilty. It happened.

And the President of the USA celebrated the attack.

All you folks citing liberals as being violent...have to add your President to this group.

Don't forget he encouraged his followers to go after protesters.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So what are you doing today? Talking about how the left is outraged at Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0aienuCBdg

You are welcome.
Never said there weren't any folks on the left who wouldn't troll.

Just pointing out that continually suggesting that trolling is a clever strategy is pretty ridiculous.

It is.

Left, right, independents all troll -- doesn't mean it is a clever or mature approach.

(oh I didn't click on your link --- I don't do that kind of stuff -- lol).

Old 10-20-2018, 08:58 AM

Meanwhile, back to reality. Looks like the body-slammer will be re-elected...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...use/montana/1/

Old 10-20-2018, 09:05 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,895,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
And the crowd cheered.

“Any guy that can do a body slam, he’s my kind of — he’s my guy,” Trump said as he openly praised Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-Mont.) for assaulting a reporter last year.
Democrats are Shameful!
Shameful indeed, but we're used to it, most everything the Dems do is shameful, this is just another example.
Trump 2020, continuing to MAGA

Old 10-20-2018, 09:19 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,829,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Whilst snowflake Trumplings scream about the left wing 'mob' - they are simultaneously praising actual, physical violence on a journalist because it's ok if THEIR congresscritter 'snapped'.

The aggressive, in your face, determined to make you talk reporter IS the mob.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:41 AM

1,316 posts, read 743,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Really? Why wasn't the film ever shown? I never saw it on any of the Montana news programs in the days following the incident. I'm sure local and national news would have paid big money for that film or tape, yet it never appeared. I wonder why? Perhaps because it didn't exist, ya think?
I watched Channel Two news, both CBS and local, every day during that time (as I nearly always do); and also read the Billings Gazette every morning (as I always do). I don't remember any mention of any recording other than that of the guardian reporter (audio only).
I have wondered ever since why the Fox News crew didn't film the altercation, or if they did, why they didn't release it.
One of the many reasons I still believe the incident was a deliberate set-up!
There is no video. Here is an account from one of the FOX reporters on the scene. Note that he says he was there with a photographer. This is a basic blow-by-blow of the incident, and includes Gianforte's outrageous claims at the end. And it's from FOX news, so...it's trustworthy? At any rate, it is corroboration of the reporter's account, and shows that while the reporter was trying to get Gianforte to answer a question he didn't want to answer, he did not assault Gianforte.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:47 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,824,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He was found guilty....he did it.

It wasn't a plea bargain...he didn't settle.

He was guilty. It happened.

And the President of the USA celebrated the attack.

All you folks citing liberals as being violent...have to add your President to this group.

Don't forget he encouraged his followers to go after protesters.

EXACTLY.... he is nothing but a subhuman cowardly T-H-U-G, who probably ran from every fight in his life, just like he either LOSES or SETTLES EVERY ONE OF HIS COUNTLESS LAWSUITS, that poor idiot daddy bailed him out of to the tune of over $400million!

Old 10-20-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
EXACTLY.... he is nothing but a subhuman cowardly T-H-U-G, who probably ran from every fight in his life!
Except that one in November 2016. The one that counted.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:48 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,829,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So what are you doing today? Talking about how the left is outraged at Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0aienuCBdg

You are welcome.

Too bad that someone doesn't know how to put the NPC face with the voice of Charlie Brown's teacher. This is what the leftist media sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BU5hR9gXE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.