Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 09:38 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,341,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
You know, just because someone else commits a crime doesn't absolve you of the same crime. In fact, there is a name for this logical fallacy.
And yet you're the one who believes this.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy then throwing it back in your face.

Follow a principle, not a Team. Your soul will thank you.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:39 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,962,472 times
"Body slam"??
Do you people understand what a "body slam" really is? Have you ever watched "professional" wrestling, and seen exactly what constitutes a "body slam"? Do you honestly believe Gianforte picked that trespassing reporter up and threw him to the floor? Do you really believe Gianforte is strong enough to do that?
IMO, that "journalist" forced his way into a room where he was not invited and not wanted, got in Gianforte's face, and demanded answers. When told that Gianforte would not answer his questions, he became aggressive and pushy. Gianforte pushed him away, then he (deliberately?) fell down, shouting that he had been "body slammed".
IMO, it was a set-up, to make Gianforte look bad. Actually, it made the reporter look like a fool, IMO.
Instead of charging the reporter with "criminal trespass", Gianforte plead guilty to assault, received the sentence, completed the sentence, and we voted for him. I voted for him again, in fact. Yep, got my ballot, marked it, and mailed it.
For the first time in my life, I voted a straight republican ticket, 100%!

Old 10-19-2018, 09:40 AM

29,393 posts, read 14,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
For those who are unaware of this incident, here's the article. It has audio only of the Guardian reporter and then follow up with Fox reporters who were shocked at the assault.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/reporter-a...ry?id=47631490

It was a stupid thing for Gianforte to do, and it was stupid for Trump to even mention it. It is what it is though, life goes on. Yet it is just another thing the leftists add to the growing list of things that Trump supporters are allegedly "okay" with and support. Bigots, Racists, misogynists, and now, advocates for violence...

Old 10-19-2018, 09:42 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,078,982 times
City-Data Trumplings - "Stoopid lefty liberals are always inciting violence!"

Then, the president of the United States openly celebrates and cheers a republican politician for literally body-slamming somebody.

Silence from those very same City-Data Trumplings at the beginning of my post.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:44 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,434,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did she say physically assault a reporter so that you get arrested and get your mug shot taken?

Because I do not recall that part.
Yah. No. Democrats are always referring to discourse. Trump Republican s are violent screaming mobs whenever their leader is present. Its like those pagan rituals in the forest calling upon Satan. Then they go back to their quiet life as, "gee I just wanna work without getting attacked by a Mexican. Wanna beer?"

Old 10-19-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"Body slam"??
Do you people understand what a "body slam" really is? Have you ever watched "professional" wrestling, and seen exactly what constitutes a "body slam"? Do you honestly believe Gianforte picked that trespassing reporter up and threw him to the floor? Do you really believe Gianforte is strong enough to do that?
IMO, that "journalist" forced his way into a room where he was not invited and not wanted, got in Gianforte's face, and demanded answers. When told that Gianforte would not answer his questions, he became aggressive and pushy. Gianforte pushed him away, then he (deliberately?) fell down, shouting that he had been "body slammed".
IMO, it was a set-up, to make Gianforte look bad. Actually, it made the reporter look like a fool, IMO.
Instead of charging the reporter with "criminal trespass", Gianforte plead guilty to assault, received the sentence, completed the sentence, and we voted for him. I voted for him again, in fact. Yep, got my ballot, marked it, and mailed it.
For the first time in my life, I voted a straight republican ticket, 100%!
The reporter was "trespassing"?

Old 10-19-2018, 09:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,540,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Situational awareness includes grabbing a reporter by the neck, body slamming him and then kicking him when he's on the ground?

Um. Ok.

No, situational awareness would have been that reporter knowing that Montana's not a good place to mess with rednecks. I guess I could have made that a little clearer.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And this is why the NPC meme works so well. The left has zero sense of humor, doesn't recognize when someone is using humor, and throws a fit when someone makes a joke - ribbing someone for something that he did.
Team Blue is suddenly on Team AnCap in this thread with all the calls to hold the non-aggression principle sacrosanct.

Just like the Cherokee distancing themselves from Warren I'm doing the same thing here. Team Blue, you ain't down.

Team Red, you ain't down either.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:50 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,962,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The reporter was "trespassing"?
IMO, yes! What would you call it, when somebody enters a room uninvited and unwanted?
I call it trespassing. When he was told "Get the hell out of here", he refused to leave.
Yep, trespassing!

Old 10-19-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
No, situational awareness would have been that reporter knowing that Montana's not a good place to mess with rednecks. I guess I could have made that a little clearer.
So you support violence.

Check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.