Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 05:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
There was effectively a civil war within the Saudi Royal Family. The Wahhabists (the Osama Bin Laden/Al Queda faction) lost. The new Prince installed some reforms, but change comes slowly in Saudi Arabia. The political operative (he's not an actual "journalist") who is allegedly dead, is part of the Osama Bin Laden/Wahhabi faction, not a freedom fighting journalist.
What utter garbage. This is a smear on the guy. The "osama bin laden" idiocy you are trying to spread here was from a time when we were helping Bin laden-when he was a US ally.

Quote:
To this point we don't know if the guy is even dead. We don't know is the Turks set this up as a false flag. We don't know if the Osama Bin Laden faction, that lost power may have done this to destroy the progress being made. We just don't know anything at this point, other than removing the progressive minded young Prince & bringing the Osama Bin Laden faction back, would be a major step backward for Saudi Arabia & the Middle East in general.
Saudi has stated on their national TV that he is DEAD. We KNOW this. any more nonsense?

Quote:
Erdogan & the Osama Bin Laden faction of the Saudis don't want to see women driving cars, Saudi Arabia making peace with Israel, or the young Prince making any more reforms.
Which has what to do with torturing and murdering a reporter? NOTHING. Its just you trying to smear this man. Its vile.

Quote:
All I'm saying is there's no evidence right now & we should view this whole thing with extreme skepticism.
The Saudis have detained 18 people, and stated as a FACT that this man was killed in their consulate. I sort of believe them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 05:09 PM

BTW for those reading the Saudi nonsense. The claim that he died in a fight is garbage. If that was true....why did they bring in a team to dispose of his body before he arrived? Why bring in a bonesaw? Why dismiss the entire staff for the day? And why does Turkey claim to have a recording of him being tortured, and then beheaded?

Its pretty clear that their claim is nonsense. They've just been forced to admit he died there once the evidence got too much. Their attempt to avoid responsibility is unbelievable.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:11 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Looks like the Righties are openly rooting for the new murdering, and torturing Prince, and are hoping to see more of this in Saudi. No actual Republican could possibly support this type of regime that tortures and murders reporters after banning them from their country for criticizing Trump could they?
To start with I'm not a republican. Secondly, he wasn't a "reporter". That's just some nonsense you were told to make the Osama Bin Laden/Wahhabi faction seem sympathetic to people like you & get you to side against progress/reform.

Now it appears the guy is in fact dead, which is an important detail, that up till now was unproven.

The Saudis publicly beheaded about 25 people a year & stoned women to death in the streets for offenses like reading, all while Obama was friendly with them. Stone aged style violence is not something new to Saudi Arabia. Why you're so worked up about an Osama Bin Laden associate being killed in Turkey is beyond me. Where was this outrage over Benghazi, or the attack on Libya, Syria, Yemen, etc?

The truth is, this is really about forces at work that want to weaken Saudi Arabia & Israel, while strengthening Iran and the most radical factions of ISIS/Al Queda/Wahhabism. That's why this has become a story and that's why you're acting so outraged, because you align with those people politically.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
To start with I'm not a republican. Secondly, he wasn't a "reporter". That's just some nonsense you were told to make the Osama Bin Laden/Wahhabi faction seem sympathetic to people like you & get you to side against progress/reform.
He literally wrote columns, and for major news organizations.

Get with reality. And why do you bring up you being a Republican? I never mentioned that.

Quote:
Now it appears the guy is in fact dead, which is an important detail, that up till now was unproven.
But boy were you going on about it, and how "we should view this whole thing with extreme skepticism.". You look kind of foolish now huh?

Quote:
The Saudis publicly beheaded about 25 people a year & stoned women to death in the streets for offenses like reading, all while Obama was friendly with them. Stone aged style violence is not something new to Saudi Arabia. Why you're so worked up about an Osama Bin Laden associate being killed in Turkey is beyond me. Where was this outrage over Benghazi, or the attack on Libya, Syria, Yemen, etc?
And now that we know he was tortured and murdered.....its time to do whataboutism.

This reporter was a permanent US Citizen. He paid taxes. And he is entitled to the protection of our country.

Quote:
The truth is, this is really about forces at work that want to weaken Saudi Arabia & Israel, while strengthening Iran and the most radical factions of ISIS/Al Queda/Wahhabism. That's why this has become a story and that's why you're acting so outraged, because you align with those people politically.
No the truth is they had a US permanent citizen who paid US taxes from his job as a reporter tortured and killed. PERIOD. I do not care about thee peoples politics. In fact the prince in question was doing some things I agreed with.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
What utter garbage. This is a smear on the guy. The "osama bin laden" idiocy you are trying to spread here was from a time when we were helping Bin laden-when he was a US ally.

Saudi has stated on their national TV that he is DEAD. We KNOW this. any more nonsense?

Which has what to do with torturing and murdering a reporter? NOTHING. Its just you trying to smear this man. Its vile.

The Saudis have detained 18 people, and stated as a FACT that this man was killed in their consulate. I sort of believe them.

Yes, that just happened. This wasn't factual information an hour ago.

Smear the guy? He was a radical Islamic, political operative, trying to undermine the more moderate government that took control of Saudi Arabia. Any attempt to spin this as him being an innocent journalist, killed for exposing the truth, is just that, spin.

Furthermore, it's none of our business. Our country, regardless of political party, has been supporting Saudi Arabia for decades and others who are worse yet. Obama supported them. Bush supported them. My hope when they had the civil war within the Royal Family was/is that some reform can come to SA & they can help make peace in the ME. So far, the good outweighs the bad & it's not even close.

If you look at the voices screaming loudest from day 1 about this, you'll notice it's largely the Obama cronies who want so desperately for the Mullahs of Iran to run the ME. This was/is a political operation from the get-go.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:22 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Saudi Arabia is not our friend. I trust Iran more than the Saudis.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
He literally wrote columns, and for major news organizations.

Get with reality. And why do you bring up you being a Republican? I never mentioned that.

But boy were you going on about it, and how "we should view this whole thing with extreme skepticism.". You look kind of foolish now huh?

And now that we know he was tortured and murdered.....its time to do whataboutism.

This reporter was a permanent US Citizen. He paid taxes. And he is entitled to the protection of our country.

No the truth is they had a US permanent citizen who paid US taxes from his job as a reporter tortured and killed. PERIOD.

Reason is never foolish. Politically motivated hysteria is foolish.

Fingers crossed that whatever happened over there, doesn't interfere with the Trump/Kushner plan for peace in the Middle East they've been working on.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Saudi Arabia is not our friend. I trust Iran more than the Saudis.
I believe you.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Reason is never foolish. Politically motivated hysteria is foolish.
Your "reasoning" was clearly foolish. There was WAY too much evidence that people could see, including the closing of the consulate on the day in question, people with bonesaw arriving (with video evidence), etc etc.

Quote:
Fingers crossed that whatever happened over there, doesn't interfere with the Trump/Kushner plan for peace in the Middle East they've been working on.
And now FUD starts. Oh noes the DREAM might be interfered with! (its a fantasy), we need to ignore the torture and execution of a US permanent resident!

Just stop. Seriously. You look like a horrible human being when you want to ignore the torture and execution of this human being.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:37 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Yes, that just happened. This wasn't factual information an hour ago.

Smear the guy? He was a radical Islamic, political operative, trying to undermine the more moderate government that took control of Saudi Arabia. Any attempt to spin this as him being an innocent journalist, killed for exposing the truth, is just that, spin.

Furthermore, it's none of our business. Our country, regardless of political party, has been supporting Saudi Arabia for decades and others who are worse yet. Obama supported them. Bush supported them. My hope when they had the civil war within the Royal Family was/is that some reform can come to SA & they can help make peace in the ME. So far, the good outweighs the bad & it's not even close.

If you look at the voices screaming loudest from day 1 about this, you'll notice it's largely the Obama cronies who want so desperately for the Mullahs of Iran to run the ME. This was/is a political operation from the get-go.
The US supportes wahhabi terrorism, that is why we support the al sauds over Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies