Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 01:40 AM

5,891 posts, read 3,200,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Is this a joke? They were near-annihilated.
Millions down to like nothing.
They were not. There are millions of them here now, btw.

And their largest die-offs and depopulation occurred long before European contact. The largest settlement and civilization in North America rapidly and abruptly became a deserted ruin, without any involvement of the white race.

The reality is this population group, and all of its related groups in Latin America, were a dead-end civilization. These people were not the future of humanity. If they had never been contacted by any other groups, they'd either still be in the same primitive conditions today, or totally extinct from natural causes.

Not very many populations of any given species make it, you know. Especially not in hominids. There are many mass extinctions of various civilizations in the ancient world - its far more common than not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 01:47 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,077,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It’s ironic that liberals are judging America’s past as they continually enjoy the benefits of being a US citizen. Put your money where your mouth is and renounce your citizenship if you can’t stomach the blood on America’s hands.

As an African American, I’m ironically a direct benefit of America’s tragic past. If it wasn’t for the tragic importation of my ancestors a long time ago, I would’ve been born somewhere in Western Africa instead of Texas.

So no, you won’t see me doing too much whining about being born in the richest country on earth due to America’s greedy past. Typical progressives, whining about being born in America just because we don’t want open borders.
Saw a post on twitter, some comic about some white guy posing as a black girl saying "we blacks talk too much about racism". What would you say to that?

Old 10-20-2018, 06:54 AM

26,941 posts, read 13,172,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesvitch View Post
Its a sound bite for the mentally challenged. So give the black hills back to who the Lakota stole it from the Cheyenne. The Indians have been fighting and stealing from each other for hundreds of year before Europeans came. Snow flake idiots are trying to right all the worlds wrong in history by laying it on Europeans. History needs to be just that history. I would like to see these little snow flakes give up their liberal arts collage seat to an Indian. Its easy to give away other peoples things.

In terms of Europe, people were conquered and land changed hands all the time.

My own country was seen Roman invasions, Germanic invasions, Viking raids, the Norman conquest, Danish invasion and Dane Law and all kinds of conflicts and invasion attempts. The orginal Britons were displaced, the Celts were defeated and the British later went on to conquer other nations.

You are also right, the natives were often not exactly peaceful people, although I a not saying that invasion, war or genocide was right, it's the reality of what happened in many countries, and the US is not unique in this respect.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:12 AM

62,536 posts, read 28,756,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

In terms of Europe, people were conquered and land changed hands all the time.

My own country was seen Roman invasions, Germanic invasions, Viking raids, the Norman conquest, Danish invasion and Dane Law and all kinds of conflicts and invasion attempts. The orginal Britons were displaced, the Celts were defeated and the British later went on to conquer other nations.

You are also right, the natives were often not exactly peaceful people, although I a not saying that invasion, war or genocide was right, it's the reality of what happened in many countries, and the US is not unique in this respect.
Once again, the Amerindians were not native to this continent. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:22 AM

62,536 posts, read 28,756,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Lands have been stolen from others since the dawn of time. Europe is the perfect example of this. It’s not right, but it’s what has happened. What occurred with the colonization of the Americas is certainly something we would consider barbaric today, but it happened, and it is what it is. To try to go back hundreds of years and argue that we should for some reason open up our borders to settle some karmic debt from the actions of those who have been dead for centuries opens up a slippery slope. What country wouldn’t that apply to?

We can only move forward. We are a nation of laws which must be respected. Anyone who thinks the floodgates should be opened wide are selfish and self-destructive, because that means we would let in any terrorist, gang member, murderer, rapist, child molester, or drug dealer who wishes to enter. People forget that we already let a TON of people from Mexico and the rest of Latin America into the US every year. People who immigrate legally. People who get background checks and who are vetted. So spare us the woefully ignorant and self-destructive idealism, as cute as it is. People who **** on our laws deserve nothing less than removal from our country.

Excellent post.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:40 AM

26,941 posts, read 13,172,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Once again, the Amerindians were not native to this continent. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else.
All our ancestors migrated to Europe, as did the Indians as did virtually all people across the world.

Then you had the displacement of people through more modern migration, invasion and war.

Map of Human Migration - National Geographic Genographic Project

Old 10-20-2018, 09:14 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,165,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Right! Just about everyone in Mexico and countries south of Mexico wants our border open. I'm not even going to include Progressive Liberals and the illegal immigrants already here that want our borders open.

Just come on in and become one big happy family
Since this site is mostly made up of disaffected right wing Americans, I am talking about Americans. I understand right wing propagandists are pushing this idea that liberals want an 'open border.' It gets the mob all agitated and that is about it. Even though nobody beyond a fringe person here and there is advocating this silliness. Open your mind a little...

Old 10-20-2018, 09:21 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,165,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Democratic Party Legacy:
Oppression
Indian Massacres
Broken Treaties
Slavery
But they claim to be the party of the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.
But that was just an Act. There already was a Civil Rights Movement lead by the Republican Party from back in the 1860s.
Here's a real fact: The names changed. That is the legacy of what we call the Republican party. Silly.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:45 AM

8,325 posts, read 4,303,904 times
Native Americans were doomed from the beginning.

They were '500 nations' or tribes by some accounts, with loose affiliations, and at odds in many areas. They were primitive compared to sea faring nations like England, Span, France, Portugal, the Netherlands, even the Middle East and Asia.

Eventually, one sea faring nation or another was going to come to America. With them they were going to bring disease and technology.

Much of this, Native Americans simply did not know how to deal with. The one thing European they did adapt to readily was horses.

I am sure someone will argue the case of conquering vs stealing but land has been conquered by one group of people or nation since the beginning of time. I doubt there is one square inch of land anywhere that has not be 'stolen' at one time or another.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:55 AM

21,399 posts, read 10,461,597 times
It doesn’t even matter because they have land in their own countries. Why not fight to make their own countries better? They have the same natural resources and opportunities there that we have here, but their governments are corrupt. Fix that and demand that they work for the people. Fight back against the cartels. Organize and fight for your country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies