Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 05:41 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Alaska Gov. Bill Walker announced Friday he is dropping his bid for re-election and endorsing Democrat Mark Begich against Republican Mike Dunleavy.
https://www.adn.com/politics/2018/10...aska-governor/

and

Quote:
“Every decision I have made as your governor, I have made on the basis of what I believe is best for Alaska. With that said, effective today, I am suspending my campaign for re-election as Governor,” Walker wrote in the post.

“With more time, I am confident that [Lieutenant Gov. Valerie Davidson] and I could deliver a message and a campaign that could earn a victory in this election. But there are only 18 days remaining before election day. … In the time remaining, I believe we cannot win a three-way race.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...v633y_uJlJp6NE

The prior Lt Gov resigned just a couple of days ago, and now this. Crazy times in Alaska!

Dunleavy, the Republican has been leading in the polls, but having a 3 way race was helping him. It will be very interesting to see what happens now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 06:04 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
https://www.adn.com/politics/2018/10...aska-governor/

and

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...v633y_uJlJp6NE

The prior Lt Gov resigned just a couple of days ago, and now this. Crazy times in Alaska!

Dunleavy, the Republican has been leading in the polls, but having a 3 way race was helping him. It will be very interesting to see what happens now
Doesn't look good for the Democratic candidate, as there will now be more republican voters going for the remaining candidate for that party. It seems likely that this was the reason behind Walker dropping out, to avoid dividing that vote and assuring a republican win.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Doesn't look good for the Democratic candidate, as there will now be more republican voters going for the remaining candidate for that party. It seems likely that this was the reason behind Walker dropping out, to avoid dividing that vote and assuring a republican win.
And then he told everyone to vote for the Democrat? Uh huh.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:37 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Actually it’s exactly the opposite. Good try though.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:07 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I wonder what Democrats offered Walker to quit... Everyone does it, don't lie that it didn't happened...

Old 10-19-2018, 07:09 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I wonder what Democrats offered Walker to quit... Everyone does it, don't lie that it didn't happened...
A better state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies