Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 06:10 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by handy99 View Post
Did he explore that 2.5 Trillion dollar GDP? That one state has a GDP 70% higher than all of Russia.

Trump should LOVE Ca. for such a high GDP.
It's purely based on geography. Coastal cities around the world tend to be better off. If they allowed the state to break up into three states as has been proposed it wouldn't fare so well. The liberal coast majority between SF and LA doesn't have much going for itself except for population density.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 06:15 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Tucker Carlson explores this horrific decline with Hoover scholar, Professor in Classics, and renowned historian Victor Davis Hansen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7PWnJDDaY
Great analysis. Of course as California and liberal proponents point out, Cali has great companies and rich billionnaires galore and they import illegal labor to work for them at discount prices at the expense of the middle class. If you're rich or poor, Cali is a great state and the one with the highest income inequality in the USA. If you're middle class, run from Cali.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:36 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
"Hoard my money"?????????
Yeah, it's not "responsibly saving" any longer, the moochers and takers have coined this phrase to deceptively imply that wealth and worth are finite resources.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:44 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Not a Republican. How I vote is my business. If I can choose to keep every cent I have, rather than spend it on sanctuary cities, abortions, safe injection sites and other such things, I'm damned sure going to choose to keep as much as possible. I see no reason to pay for the poor moral and fiscal choices of others, or even the accident of their birth circumstances and genetic background.
All of the things you mentioned save taxpayers money when all is said and done.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:45 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
The elites in California demand to have their servants they can pay pennies on the dollar. They need brown people to clean their toilets, and if you disagree with that, then you're racist!

Old 10-20-2018, 06:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
All of the things you mentioned save taxpayers money when all is said and done.

How does supporting illegal aliens save taxpayers money, please?

Old 10-20-2018, 07:11 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Oh my God. This thread is absolutely hilarious. Can it be moved to the Funny Links section of the forum?The Bubbas from Appalachia must have run out of Bud Lite and needed something to do while one of their pals made a beer run down to Wal Mart.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:14 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Oh my God. This thread is absolutely hilarious. Can it be moved to the Funny Links section of the forum?The Bubbas from Appalachia must have run out of Bud Lite and needed something to do while one of their pals made an alcohol run down to Wal Mart.
Yes, all us Bubbas who used to live in California, that is the reason we all voted for Trump! It has nothing to do with the state of California when we left! Hold on, have to find my dentures...

Old 10-20-2018, 07:26 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Medieval? Do they joust?

I wonder if one real reason it's a "failed" state might be because long ago, California voters decided that they didn't want to pay higher taxes.

That's what happens if it's more important to you to hoard your money, versus paying for a functioning society.
Yet you choose to live in Texas (a no state income tax state).

If you think that people should have a greater tax burden, put your 'money where your mouth is' and move to the state you think best pays for what you consider a 'functioning society'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies