Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 11:21 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times

Advertisements

I have looked at that area on Google street view. There is a single area just east of downtown LA that is like that (aptly named "Skid Row"). It has a concentration of charity agencies of various sorts and, unsurprisingly, you get a collection of homeless people camping in the area. It represents maybe 0.1% of the land area of Los Angeles, but in spite of that, liberal-bashers and California-bashers like yourself like to try to convince themselves and everybody else that the whole city is like that, and that scenes like that are representative of the entire city, and maybe the entire state. Which of course, they aren't remotely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You showed the worst parts of CA. The urban areas blow; ..
The whole point was to show the urban areas, after all, it is the urban areas that humans (including all those dreaded liberals) have created. The natural areas are the areas that nature/God created, and thus aren't representative of any political ideology.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:38 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can't tax cut your way out of the results of a bumbling administration either.
Wait until they get a load of their shrinking tax refunds.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:43 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
When Republicans ran California, they set up the most powerful economic engine in the world and part of that Capitalist engine is still running keeping the Dems floating....the Dems will eventually kill the golden goose.
The two economic engines of California are in LA, and the Bay area two of the most liberal places in the entire state. When republicans ran the state they drove the state into extreme smog, and an extreme dependence on fossil fuel. The reason California has so many green regulations is due to dealing with the effects first hand of not regulating industry.

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
It's funny how Conservatives here love to bash CA but never look at their own failed states like Mississippi.
At least misery doesn't abound the entire state of CA like it does in Mississippi.

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
Massive, Massive Income Disparities

Small percentage of economy based on goods-producing and huge percent of economy based on services
Very Cyclical Economy
Massive amounts of third-world immigration with very high birth rates associated with it
Large percentage of the population has large families they can't afford
Dismissive attitude and ignoring problems
Very high taxes
Lots of strict worthless regulations that do nothing except make inventory scarce
State is governed based on emotion and not logic

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I have looked at that area on Google street view. There is a single area just east of downtown LA that is like that (aptly named "Skid Row"). It has a concentration of charity agencies of various sorts and, unsurprisingly, you get a collection of homeless people camping in the area. It represents maybe 0.1% of the land area of Los Angeles, but in spite of that, liberal-bashers and California-bashers like yourself like to try to convince themselves and everybody else that the whole city is like that, and that scenes like that are representative of the entire city, and maybe the entire state. Which of course, they aren't remotely.
I know that, all I did was cherry pick just as you did to prove a point. Just as Liberals such as yourself like to bash Conservatives and Red Staters. You see it's a two way street and works both ways. By the way "Liberalism is a mental disorder". See what I mean? You Liberals can sure dish it out, but when the other side does the same you sure as hell can't take it.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
By the way "Liberalism is a mental disorder". See what I mean? You Liberals can sure dish it out, but when the other side does the same you sure can't take it.
My little slogan there is in response to ELORocks' slogan.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
State is governed based on emotion and not logic
LOL, the sad thing is you really believe that.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:52 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I know that, all I did was cherry pick just as you did to prove a point. Just as Liberals such as yourself like to bash Conservatives and Red Staters. You see it's a two way street and works both ways. By the way "Liberalism is a mental disorder". See what I mean? You Liberals can sure dish it out, but when the other side does the same you sure as hell can't take it.
And what point were you aiming to "prove"?

The pictures from the other poster are far more representative of the cities in California than places like skid row.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies