Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 11:29 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times

Advertisements

When will Republicans realize there is legal immigration and illegal immigration. Also that the US government has departments and policy's and procedures and laws in place to handle both. If they need help to get their designated job done, then provide it. Everything else it political grandstanding and a waste of money. There seems to be no shortage of those to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 11:32 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
When will Republicans realize there is legal immigration and illegal immigration. Also that the US government has departments and policy's and procedures and laws in place to handle both. If they need help to get their designated job done, then provide it. Everything else it political grandstanding and a waste of money. There seems to be no shortage of those to say the least.
Did you mean to say when will Democrats? They don't know the difference, they never differentiate, just call them immigrants. They even pass laws to protect the ones already here.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:36 AM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Biases against whom? At least we are trying to make changes through Trump. What are these foreigners doing to make changes within their governments? You don't see Americans fleeing to other countries because they don't like our government at least not for the most part.

I kind of wish Rosie O'Donnell would leave though....and Cher...and Madonna...I wish Madonna would go....oh and Streisand. She is free to leave...

Old 11-03-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Did you mean to say when will Democrats? They don't know the difference, they never differentiate, just call them immigrants. They even pass laws to protect the ones already here.
Seems to me the Republicans have held all the 'law passing' cards for a while. Yet they are not making any headway. My guess is they have been too busy trying to keep the Idiot in Chief in check.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:37 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
A little strange reading this, since it’s the Democrats that keep lumping all immigrants in the same basket, regardless of whether they are legal or not. The Republicans are the ones who want to keep clear lines between the two.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A little strange reading this, since it’s the Democrats that keep lumping all immigrants in the same basket, regardless of whether they are legal or not. The Republicans are the ones who want to keep clear lines between the two.
If your only news source is Trump, errr FOX. Don't you know Trump only tell the truth when he has to …. or was that when he needs to … or maybe it was when he can.

Apparently you have access to the Internet. There are a lot of really good sources of information out there. Very few if any are perfect but it really helps reading several so you don't have a lopsided view.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:52 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
If your only news source is Trump, errr FOX. Don't you know Trump only tell the truth when he has to …. or was that when he needs to … or maybe it was when he can.

Apparently you have access to the Internet. There are a lot of really good sources of information out there. Very few if any are perfect but it really helps reading several so you don't have a lopsided view.
I watch FOX maybe 20% of the time. There are a couple of shows that I like, and that is it. I would much rather watch people that disagree with me. It is much more interesting.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:53 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I'm a life long democrat but even I'm continuously disappointed that democrats keep forcing illegal immigrants down the population's throats. You're not going to convince rust belt moderates who determine elections that illegal immigration is good and the more they continue to do this, the more they are going to lose. Taxes, health care, education, and other social services are issues that matter to me the most but democrats are making immigration the focal point of their platform which sidelines all the other issues.
So as a liberal, you're for higher taxes, free health care, free college, and what else?

Old 11-03-2018, 03:58 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times
Quote:
Seems to me the Republicans have held all the 'law passing' cards for a while. Yet they are not making any headway. My guess is they have been too busy trying to keep the Idiot in Chief in check.
Weird because I haven't heard Democrats praise any actions to deal with legal or illegal immigration like RAISE act, a physical barrier, arresting law breakers (crossing the border illegally), instead all I hear is "racist!", resistance and mocking.

Also weird that Democrats claim to care but didn't do anything about when they were in power.

Your claims are strange indeed.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:51 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I'm a life long democrat but even I'm continuously disappointed that democrats keep forcing illegal immigrants down the population's throats. You're not going to convince rust belt moderates who determine elections that illegal immigration is good and the more they continue to do this, the more they are going to lose. Taxes, health care, education, and other social services are issues that matter to me the most but democrats are making immigration the focal point of their platform which sidelines all the other issues.
You're actually got it exactly backwards.

It's the Republicans who are fanning the flames of immigrants because they ain't got anything else to run on.

The Tax Cut?

Repealing Obamacare?

Those are so popular, the GOP congresscritters are trying to run away them in the elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies