Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 04:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a government wide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/u...efinition.html

This will not end well, of that I promise you.

Last time GOP/conservatives tried to block LGBT rights it was on marriage, and I presume all know how the results of that movement.

Still give His Orangeness and his GOP/Evangelical/Conservative instruments in government credit; nothing like throwing out red meat to a hungry base.
So is Caitlynn Jenner still one of Trump's biggest fans?

In any event--this is just another Trump dog whistle. Let him do it--as soon as he's gone--it will be reversed. Why Trump insists we take a step forward and 10 steps back is beyond me. His theme song should be "Turn Back Time."

That's why Trump's self-centered attempt at reversing everything Obama is so idiotic. The next Dem will come in and reverse everything--we'll be back on the track. All Trump is doing is destabilizing the country with policies that will be changed as soon as he's gone. Attacking a segment of the population is not going to help him now either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 04:21 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, the pride parades and gay promotional agenda made it everyone's business who has sex with whom. They MADE it an issue.

Nobody cared before. Closed doors and all. No. One. Cared.

The LGBT movement TOLD people all about how they have sex. THEY brought it up. How do people not see that?

Don't want people to talk about it? They stop talking by example.
Y'all were talking about it constantly before we were. Having a photo of your wife and kids at your desk at work. Being coupled in TV shows, movies, etc. Bringing your spouse to a work function. Holding hands in public. Sharing first date horror stories with work friends. We were hiding it in shame while you were flaunting it all over the place with no reservations.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:22 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
What percentage of the American population is Transgender? It is an infinitesimally small amount. A fraction of a percent at the most. It is obvious who is male and female biologically. What you "feel" psychologically does not matter. Yes, act any way you want, but don't use my daughters rest room, or locker room if you have male plumbing, or once had male plumbing.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:24 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What percentage of the American population is Transgender? It is an infinitesimally small amount. A fraction of a percent at the most.
Sounds super scientific.

Quote:
Yes, act any way you want, but don't use my daughters rest room, or locker room if you have male plumbing, or once had male plumbing.
Are you going to check everyone's genitalia to make sure?

Old 10-22-2018, 04:27 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
It's LGBTQIA.
I think I know that woman, Lgbtquia.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:34 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
This won't end here. They can make as many anti LGBT policies they want, they can have a big old anti LGBT policy making cake walk right down the middle of Penn Ave, and it won't make a lick of difference, because the more they hold us down, the harder we press on. And in two years, his bloated ass will be out the effing door.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:45 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
I have worked with special needs children and adults. The general public would be shocked to learn what nature can wreck.

I have cared for two individuals, 4 year old and adult, who were what lay people would call "intersex". Both had non-functioning penises and a vagina. Both their parents identified their gender as male. I had to diaper change both. In the case of the little child, I had to try to potty train him. I do not know what a Sonogram or DNA test would reveal, but I can tell you "his" urinary tract was female.

Because of their mental impairments as well, neither of these individuals will ever identify their gender as male or female. That is going to be solely up to their parents, and now GOVERNMENT?

In the case of the 4 year old, sweet child who was always smiling despite his/her disabilities. Every human being is not going to fit into some preconceived mold which politics wants to put them into.

BTW, do a search on Jamie Lee Curtis. It might shock you.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:57 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
BTW, do a search on Jamie Lee Curtis. It might shock you.
That's just urban legend.

But here are some intersex people in the public eye.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intersex_people

Old 10-22-2018, 04:59 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
These protections that were put in place were meant to allow Transgender federal protection against persecution, discrimination, abuse etc...That being said I have NEVER been able to wrap my head around not identifying as the gender you were born as. From the time the first humans roamed the earth, there was a male and female. For millions of years this was NOT disputed. It is only in the past dozen years or so that the male/female gender has been challenged. As much sympathy as I have for the Transgender community, I agree with the decision to identify as male or female and nothing in between. There are millions of years of precedent. People who identify as Transgender can do as they please and should be protected and have equal rights under the law that any man woman or child is afforded. They should not be discriminated against, they should not be beaten, the should not be denied healthcare. I always felt that this was a manufactured problem that has nothing to do with gay rights. People who identify as Transgender were already the minority of the minority and hitched their wagon to the gay rights fight. I feel like that has hurt gay rights more than helped them.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:04 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So is Caitlynn Jenner still one of Trump's biggest fans?

In any event--this is just another Trump dog whistle. Let him do it--as soon as he's gone--it will be reversed. Why Trump insists we take a step forward and 10 steps back is beyond me. His theme song should be "Turn Back Time."

That's why Trump's self-centered attempt at reversing everything Obama is so idiotic. The next Dem will come in and reverse everything--we'll be back on the track. All Trump is doing is destabilizing the country with policies that will be changed as soon as he's gone. Attacking a segment of the population is not going to help him now either.
Don't be so sure of that. Trump has and continues to re-make the federal court at nearly every level. These are judges that follow the law and constitution and not legislate from the bench. The Leftist got too comfortable with the hard left the courts have taken. The makeup of the federal court system never should have devolved to what it was under Bush & Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies