Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 05:24 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,527 times

Advertisements

gender and sexuality are not the same thing
gender is biological...if you are born with an penis you are a male...period

if you have to pee in public, you use the room other penis use, regardless of your sexuality or whether or not you identify as a female koala bear...period
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 05:27 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
gender and sexuality are not the same thing
gender is biological...if you are born with an penis you are a male...period

if you have to pee in public, you use the room other penis use, regardless of your sexuality or whether or not you identify as a female koala bear...period
Well, frankly, if I can't tell at a glance that a person is male--if the person actually looks female--I'd rather "she" go to the ladies' room.

And if someone comes into the men's room looking pretty much male, I'm not going to be checking "him" out closely enough to know what "he's" doing in the stall.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:27 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,861 times
Why is the GOP obsessed with what's in people's pants? Don't they have real DC stuff to do?

Old 10-23-2018, 06:23 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Y'all were talking about it constantly before we were. Having a photo of your wife and kids at your desk at work. Being coupled in TV shows, movies, etc. Bringing your spouse to a work function. Holding hands in public. Sharing first date horror stories with work friends. We were hiding it in shame while you were flaunting it all over the place with no reservations.
You are absolutely right./sarcasm/

Having a photo of your family on your desk is EXACTLY the same as:

Walking down the street nude holding hands during a gay pride parade
Asking 5th graders who they like to have sex with and how
Teaching kindergartners all about transgenderism

Yup, exactly the same. If all you think about is sex when YOU see a family photo, you are a special kind of sick.

LGBT movement has become like the vegans. Intolerant and angry at whomever whenever wherever.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:31 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Do we know what gender Obama may be?

Old 10-23-2018, 06:45 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are absolutely right./sarcasm/

Having a photo of your family on your desk is EXACTLY the same as:

Walking down the street nude holding hands during a gay pride parade
Asking 5th graders who they like to have sex with and how
Teaching kindergartners all about transgenderism

Yup, exactly the same. If all you think about is sex when YOU see a family photo, you are a special kind of sick.

LGBT movement has become like the vegans. Intolerant and angry at whomever whenever wherever.
You're being dishonest. You read one article about a survey given at an elementary school and assume that was the work of non-hetero people for some reason? You assume everyone at pride parades is nude? Or any of them? How many pride parade have you been to? I've been to three in my life, and everyone had all their clothes on. Teaching kindergarten students about transgenderism....well, what in the world does that have to do with having sex? Nothing. They might have a trans classmate, so it's nice if they don't treat that classmate like trash.

Frankly, I think you have a sick mind if every time you see or think about someone who isn't a heterosexual or cisgender person, you think about what they're doing in bed. Our lives are all about things like family photos, bad first dates, holding hands, etc. People like you make it about something else, not even realizing you've been "shoving your lifestyle" down our throats for centuries. The arrogance and tunnel vision of it is astounding.

You think there's something inherently wrong with us, and you're grasping at straws trying to demonstrate it. I don't know why. We go against your religion? We threaten your sense of your own gender or sexuality? Idk what it is, but don't make it about us. It's all about you.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
You're being dishonest. You read one article about a survey given at an elementary school and assume that was the work of non-hetero people for some reason? You assume everyone at pride parades is nude? Or any of them? How many pride parade have you've been to? I've been to three in my life, and everyone had all their clothes on. Teaching kindergarten students about transgenderism....well, what in the world does that have to do with having sex? Nothing. They might have a trans classmate, so it's nice if they don't treat that classmate like trash.

Frankly, I think you have a sick mind if every time you see or think about someone who isn't a heterosexual or cisgender person, you think about what they're doing in bed. Our lives are all about things like family photos, bad first dates, holding hands, etc. People like you make it about something else, not even realizing you've been "shoving your lifestyle" down our throats for centuries. The arrogance and tunnel vision of it is astounding.

You think there's something inherently wrong with us, and you're grasping at straws trying to demonstrate it. I don't know why. We go against your religion? We threaten your sense of your own gender or sexuality? Idk what it is, but don't make it about us. It's all about you.
Go tos when a person has no argument:
  • Accuse the person of not having any experience with XYZ
  • Accuse the person of being a religious zealot
  • Accuse the person of being either jealous or afraid <<<this is gold standard, absolute red flag, bird in the hand that the person has no logical, rationale, or evidence-based argument
  • Accuse heterosexuals that their existence for thousands and thousands of years is somehow abnormal

Epic fail. On all accounts.

PS: Kindergartners have been learning be nice and share since kindergarten was invented. No need for any additional 'training' ... unless it is to normalize behavior so children accept it. And that's called indoctrination.

PPS: No one cares what you do. Really. No. One. Cares. Go about your own business. BUT: Leave other people OUT OF IT. Stop caring so much about approval from everyone else and you'll have a much better life.

Why are you so desperate for everyone else's approval??

Old 10-23-2018, 07:11 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Go tos when a person has no argument:
  • Accuse the person of not having any experience with XYZ
  • Accuse the person of being a religious zealot
  • Accuse the person of being either jealous or afraid <<<this is gold standard, absolute red flag, bird in the hand that the person has no logical, rationale, or evidence-based argument
  • Accuse heterosexuals that their existence for thousands and thousands of years is somehow abnormal

Epic fail. On all accounts.

PS: Kindergartners have been learning be nice and share since kindergarten was invented. No need for any additional 'training' ... unless it is to normalize behavior so children accept it. And that's called indoctrination.

PPS: No one cares what you do. Really. No. One. Cares. Go about your own business. BUT: Leave other people OUT OF IT. Stop caring so much about approval from everyone else and you'll have a much better life.

Why are you so desperate for everyone else's approval??
Seems to me a lot of conservatives care if they are going so far to make laws against them. Seems to me republicans care so much they fight to make others that are different from them lose their rights.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This.

The purpose isn’t to define “transgender out of existence”. The intent is to clarify the legal definition of “sex” for federal legal purposes - which is way past due.
From 1964-2014, 50 years, the word 'sex' in the federal Civil Rights Act had a clear meaning --- female or male. Then, in 2014, Holder/Obama came up with the twisted interpretation that 'sex' covered gender identity, including transgender status. All the new DOJ directive does is restore the plain intent of the law as it stood for 50 years until the Holder directive usurped Congressional authority four years ago.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Seems to me a lot of conservatives care if they are going so far to make laws against them. Seems to me republicans care so much they fight to make others that are different from them lose their rights.
Laws against them? What does that even mean?

Get out of the feedback loop. It's actually quite liveable out here in reality, if you stop basing your self worth on getting approval from the entire world. That's a miserable way to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies