Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 02:16 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,774,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are absolutely right./sarcasm/

Having a photo of your family on your desk is EXACTLY the same as:

Walking down the street nude holding hands during a gay pride parade
Asking 5th graders who they like to have sex with and how
Teaching kindergartners all about transgenderism

Yup, exactly the same. If all you think about is sex when YOU see a family photo, you are a special kind of sick.

LGBT movement has become like the vegans. Intolerant and angry at whomever whenever wherever.
Would you also outlaw Mardi Gras? That is the heterosexual comparison to gay pride parades (and only the big ones in liberal cities at that). I went to my first pride this year. Living in a very conservative area, there was no naked people dancing around or anything too crazy. It was just a fun, inclusive event. The most offensive thing there was the Christian protesters yelling at everyone to "get AIDS and die" among other things. Other than that, it was an excellent experience and gave me a lot of hope that even here, in the buckle of the Bible Belt, that not everyone is a hatemonger.

But as you said, having pride parades and having a photo on your desk are two completely different things. For what it's worth, I have to be very nervous holding my boyfriend's hand in public. Whenever I've done so, I've received a lot of stares and dirty looks. No violence personally but it happens all the time so it's something I always have to be aware of. I also don't want to be out at work because it would bring me more problems than benefits, but that also means I cannot have pics of me and my boyfriend on my desk nor can I bring him to the company Christmas party. Those are things that you, as a white heterosexual Christian, never have to think about.

Whenever people lament about pride parades I always say one thing; be thankful that as a white heterosexual Christian that you don't need one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 02:22 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,249,834 times
You can't be serious.

And what "orangeness" are you talking about? Perhaps you need to adjust the color settings on your TV and/or monitor. To most people, his hair is just blond. Bad color settings can make it appear orange (as well as skin tones).

Or are your eyes bad?

Old 10-23-2018, 02:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,206,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Would you also outlaw Mardi Gras? That is the heterosexual comparison to gay pride parades. I went to my first pride this year. Living in a very conservative area, there was no naked people dancing around or anything too crazy. It was just a fun, inclusive event. The most offensive thing there was the Christian protesters yelling at everyone to "get AIDS and die" among other things. Other than that, it was an excellent experience and gave me a lot of hope that even here, in the buckle of the Bible Belt, that not everyone is a hatemonger.

But as you said, having pride parades and having a photo on your desk are two completely different things. For what it's worth, I have to be very nervous holding my boyfriend's hand in public. Whenever I've done so, I've received a lot of stares and dirty looks. No violence personally but it happens all the time so it's something I always have to be aware of. I also don't want to be out at work because it would bring me more problems than benefits, but that also means I cannot have pics of me and my boyfriend on my desk nor can I bring him to the company Christmas party. Those are things that you, as a white heterosexual Christian, never have to think about.

Whenever people lament about pride parades I always say one thing; be thankful that as a white heterosexual Christian that you don't need one.
Oh, I would think that poster would most definitely ban Mardi Gras. Why there are drunk woman flashing their boobs and taking off their shirts! Drinking, drinking, drinking. Disgraceful.

And I agree--the Gay Pride parades are not full of nude people--just people having fun.

Fun may be outlawed next by the admin.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Fun may be outlawed next by the admin.
“Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.”

― H.L. Mencken, A Mencken Chrestomathy

That quote seems to sum up the zeitgeist right now.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:30 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,898,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Would you also outlaw Mardi Gras? That is the heterosexual comparison to gay pride parades (and only the big ones in liberal cities at that). I went to my first pride this year. Living in a very conservative area, there was no naked people dancing around or anything too crazy. It was just a fun, inclusive event. The most offensive thing there was the Christian protesters yelling at everyone to "get AIDS and die" among other things. Other than that, it was an excellent experience and gave me a lot of hope that even here, in the buckle of the Bible Belt, that not everyone is a hatemonger.

And you had a good post going until the end ... where you went to one of the Go To red flag 'farguments' (fake argument), that I must be XYZ so I don't understand. Fail. Not logical, rationale or evidence-based. You have no idea who I am.

Where did I say outlaw pride parades? Or Mardi Gras? If you need a parade to make yourself feel better about your life ... maybe reexamine your life?

Why do people need so much approval from others? I don't get it.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:33 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,095,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What happens to people with penises who have ovaries? What about the ones with vaginas who have testicles?

External genitalia may not match chromosomal gender.
You are right. There are freaks of nature among all living things. That shouldn't dictate that all of society adapt to the abnormal.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why do people need so much approval from others? I don't get it.
Why do you need the government to promote your religion and enforce its norms? I don't get it.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:37 PM

16,873 posts, read 10,533,371 times
Nice facts and evidence. The problem though is that there were only 6 people in that study. Also, we know that brain connections and plasticity changes throughout life. So, no way to tell if those were present at birth. Finally, the fact that a few brain connections that are similar to those found in the opposite sex does not overcome all of the other genetics and anatomy that defines a person’s sex.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:01 PM

9,871 posts, read 7,634,064 times
To overrule this it have to go to the Supreme Court some said and they wouldn't touch it? Think that holds true hopefully it does.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,449,546 times
Trump just throwing a little red meat to his venomous base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies