Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 05:05 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
There is a reason why "other" is sometimes listed: there are too many so-called non-binary gender options. "Intersex" is a legit third sex/gender.
Boy, that's a large swath of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 05:06 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Why do you need the government to promote your religion and enforce its norms? I don't get it.
Another fail with another fargument. I'm not religious ...

The govt should not be promoting ANY lifestyle.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh, I would think that poster would most definitely ban Mardi Gras. Why there are drunk woman flashing their boobs and taking off their shirts! Drinking, drinking, drinking. Disgraceful.

And I agree--the Gay Pride parades are not full of nude people--just people having fun.

Fun may be outlawed next by the admin.
Gay pride parades absolutely 100% feature nudity, pasties, etc. Its the only type of parade in the USA that routinely has it.

Just google it. Obviously, I can't post anything in C-D it'd get banned.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What happens to people with penises who have ovaries? What about the ones with vaginas who have testicles?

External genitalia may not match chromosomal gender.
You know quite well that the vast majority of people to whom this will apply are not intersex.

As always, I will ask for the science on the proposition that you can change your sex, that there are more than two genders, that sex and gender are not synonymous, that someone can be "born into the wrong body," et cetera.

Talk about pseudoscience...

Old 10-23-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Gay pride parades absolutely 100% feature nudity, pasties, etc. Its the only type of parade in the USA that routinely has it.

Just google it. Obviously, I can't post anything in C-D it'd get banned.
Still one of the best articles from The Onion, and so true: https://www.theonion.com/gay-pride-p...bac-1819566014

Old 10-23-2018, 05:19 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
To overrule this it have to go to the Supreme Court some said and they wouldn't touch it? Think that holds true hopefully it does.
Any subsequent executive administration can overturn it. So, you would be looking at 2033 for next potential overturn.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Any subsequent executive administration can overturn it. So, you would be looking at 2033 for next potential overturn.
By that point, Amy Schumer or (worse) Ocasio-Cortez, will undoubtedly be the Dem nominee, so we could be looking at the 2050s. Plus, by the 2030s, I'm sure they will have had their "white privilege" and "toxic masculinity" policy proposals fleshed out. Things like separate schools for white people or 3/5 of white people counted for the purpose of representation and "equity."

Old 10-23-2018, 05:38 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh, I would think that poster would most definitely ban Mardi Gras. Why there are drunk woman flashing their boobs and taking off their shirts! Drinking, drinking, drinking. Disgraceful.

And I agree--the Gay Pride parades are not full of nude people--just people having fun.

Fun may be outlawed next by the admin.
Pride parades rock! Myself a sports professional and ally to the community have walked in pride parades in DC, Calgary and the latest one held in NYC. NYC had a large sports contingent that included representation from all 5 major sports leagues along with the UFC. We all had a blast and the streets were packed with wall to wall people. Also a lot of representation from Corporate America.
And lets not forget big sports played a big role in getting the North Carolina Bathroom bill over-turned and also getting a proposed bathroom bill in Texas voted down.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:41 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This.

The purpose isn’t to define “transgender out of existence”. The intent is to clarify the legal definition of “sex” for federal legal purposes - which is way past due.
I guess our patient who was born with no sex organs at all should just pick one. Hermaphrodites too.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I guess our patient who was born with no sex organs at all should just pick one. Hermaphrodites too.
Yep, that's a major problem. Anyone got the numbers on what percentage of the American public falls into that category? I think the percentage of hermaphrodites is almost exactly the percentage of native blood Elizabeth Warren has pulsating through her veins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies