Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 03:07 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,653 times

Advertisements

Student headed to prison for registering dead voters for Democrats:

https://wtvr.com/2017/06/26/andrew-spieles-guilty-plea/

L.A. union worker told members to put fake names on voter petition:

L.A. union worker told members to put fake names on voter petition | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

ACORN, need I say more??

Ex-ACORN worker: 'I paid the price' for voter registration fraud - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 03:23 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/texas-...-in-two-weeks/

Shocker here...taking advantage of the elderly to commit voter fraud.
This is of course the kind of voter fraud that does occur even though it is rare.

Please explain what it is the Republicans are proposing that would help protect against mail in voter fraud.

I would find such proposals interesting if anyone has one.

The Republican proposals I have heard of deal with voter ID which has no role in mail in voter fraud. And proposals to purge voters which should be done routinely to remove those who have moved or died but which again would do nothing about mail voter fraud.

So the Republicans are against voter fraud except the kind that actually occurs.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:32 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Student headed to prison for registering dead voters for Democrats:

https://wtvr.com/2017/06/26/andrew-spieles-guilty-plea/

L.A. union worker told members to put fake names on voter petition:

L.A. union worker told members to put fake names on voter petition | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

ACORN, need I say more??

Ex-ACORN worker: 'I paid the price' for voter registration fraud - CNN.com
Those fine ACORN people at it again, and these are just the ones the Dems threw under the bus.

"Mitchell said ACORN threatened to close the office if he and his team didn't meet their quota to register 13 to 20 voters a day. So, without consulting their supervisors, he said, they came up with a plan.

"We came up with the idea: Let's make fraudulent cards. I tell my crew, 'I don't care how you get 'em"

Old 10-23-2018, 03:36 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Source is crap and there is no suppression here in Georgia I know I live here. There is making people abide by the LAW in Georgia and as has been shown over and over and over Lefties hate law and order. 1/3rd of the people on hold screwed up OR made up the last 4 of their SS number...that is NOT something they can screw up that badly...I guarantee the majority of those were made up SS numbers.
Don't respond to that poster. They are completely off their rocker. Several posters here you are best to just ignore. Most likely, they are just George Soros paid trolls.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yes. Statistically, it's a myth.

Myth of Voter Fraud
https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud

The real problem is vote suppression by Republicans. Like the disgraceful example of Brian Kemp in Georgia.
Pure NPC response

Old 10-23-2018, 07:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I thought voter fraud was just a myth?
According to liberals it’s a myth. But they are the ones committing the fraud.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Pure NPC response
Classical NPC response

Old 10-23-2018, 10:30 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yes. Statistically, it's a myth.

Myth of Voter Fraud
https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud

The real problem is vote suppression by Republicans. Like the disgraceful example of Brian Kemp in Georgia.

The above reminds me of the story of the poor lady that walked into her house to find her husband necked in bed with her best friend.

the husband jumps up and says "who you gonna believe? ME or your lying eyes??"!!"

Clarallel wants us to ignore reality and trust liberals when they say they aren't doing anything wrong even though their people are going to jail, while at the same time telling us republicans are the actual violators.

we are laughing at you Clarallel. go put your pants back on and accept the truth. your side cheats... well, they are cheating when they aren't running republicans out of resturants, attempting to stab and shoot republicans and fire bombing republican head quarters.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The above reminds me of the story of the poor lady that walked into her house to find her husband necked in bed with her best friend.

the husband jumps up and says "who you gonna believe? ME or your lying eyes??"!!"

Clarallel wants us to ignore reality and trust liberals when they say they aren't doing anything wrong even though their people are going to jail, while at the same time telling us republicans are the actual violators.

we are laughing at you Clarallel. go put your pants back on and accept the truth. your side cheats... well, they are cheating when they aren't running republicans out of resturants, attempting to stab and shoot republicans and fire bombing republican head quarters.
The attempt by the Republicans to disenfranchise black voters is a matter of public record.

Exactly what is it that the Republicans are proposing that would suppress this form of voter fraud?

I would think a cogent proposal that prevents voter fraud by mail would get lots of support on both sides. However I am not aware of such a proposal. The Republicans believe they actually have an advantage on mail voters and do appear interested in anything that might make it more secure but more difficult.

So on this issue it would appear to be the Republicans refusing to tighten voting.

Note the complete lack of response here on my prior post on this issue.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:47 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Lol...flashback Tuesday, I remember when this one happened. Vans had flat tires so they couldn't get around to pick up elderly voters and take them to the polls.

I merely throw this log on the fire because of the denialists that shenanigans occur be it from stunts like this, fake voters, gerrymandering etc.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=4465959

Quote:
Felony vandalism charges have been filed against five Milwaukee men who are alleged to have slashed the tires of Republican "get out the vote" vans on election eve last November. One man charged is the son of Milwaukee's newly elected congresswoman Gwen Moore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies