Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 07:16 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Lowest unemployment in 50 years. Economy is booming. Jobs are coming back. New trade deals.

And what do we get from the left? Violence, a fricken horde of invaders coming in from south of the border, and you want to know if I give a single flying fig if Trump did something like....what? WHAT? WHAT has he done? Explain, in detail, with facts, not msm horse crap, actual FACTS that have been determined, that he did something that would make me change my mind about him compared to what the hell I see coming up in mob form?

You don't get it. We didn't elect a choir boy, we know we didn't elect a choir boy, we know he has an ego, we know he's narcissistic...WE. DON'T. CARE. because the Dems don't seem to give one damn about this country anymore.
^ boom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 07:17 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Who the hell says this kind of stuff?
Bitter bitter lost souls on the losing team.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:21 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,706 times
I don't support Trump, I support America. When I vote dem, I vote to murder babies by the tens of millions, promote homosexuality, dope up America, promote Islam, confiscate the guns and turn America into Mexico.

What is there to reconsider???

Old 10-23-2018, 07:24 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Oh look - a free focus group. Will anyone be surprised if there's consensus here and then Trump is accused of whatever 'that thing' is?

Old 10-23-2018, 07:30 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I compare the minds of Trump supporters, to the way the Egyptian pyramids were secured. At the entrances from the outside, they had heavy, key blocks of stone, that were slid down long chutes. Once in place, they locked out any further access.
Thanks. As least we have minds.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I'll agree with that. Can you agree that many people on the left, including "leaders", have shown a marked lack of decency as well? This has been going on for quite a while now - well before Trump - but has increased rapidly, and it's not just Trump doing it.
There is enough mud on both sides being thrown to make me shake my head. I don't vote strictly one party, I never have. I vote for the person who most closely mirrors my own values. Trump doesn't.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:08 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,394,978 times
I'd reconsider my support for Trump if he starting trying to implement gun bans, citizenship for illegals, tax increases, expanding government regulation at the cost of individual rights, or if he tried to appoint judges who would do the same.

I'm sure we could find one-off examples of each of those, but overall he's doing pretty well in my world.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:31 AM

518 posts, read 448,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Typical - "Crying" about THE proven fact of a large hostile foreign government interfering in the US election is of no concern ? Thousands of fake accounts making millions of targeted posts. A country that assassinates dissidents on foreign soil with deadly nerve agents ? A country that would like nothing better than to see the US political process fall into chaos. This coupled with a President who is reluctant to take a hard line with Russia on any issues.

That is enough for me.

What do you want Trump to do to Russia that he hasn't done? He's been far harder on them than the last administration. I sometimes wonder if Democrats aren't secretly wanting to provoke an extremely dangerous confrontation with Russia consequences be damned as long as it damages Trump's presidency. The whole Russian collusion investigation would be taken a lot more seriously by those on the right if the investigation was truly about what it says it is...finding out how the Russians meddled on ALL sides in the 2016 election. There is currently more documented evidence of Russian collusion with Democrats with the DNC's use of a foreign agent (a British spy specifically) using Russian sources to spread lies in a dossier meant to damage Trump than there is currently on Russian collusion with the Trump campaign. There's evidence that our own intelligence agencies spied on an opposition campaign on top of that and used a compliant mainstream media to leak against an opposition campaign and administration. Where are your "concerns" about that?

FTR, I did not vote for Trump in 2016. Frankly, he scared the crap out of me. His style worried me and I just couldn't pull the lever for him. I didn't vote for Hillary either as she would have been a disaster. I don't like a lot of things Trump does or the way he does them but he's far exceeded the expectations I had of him. He's kept many of his campaign promises and has done quite well especially considering the insane level of hatred he has faced from Democrats and their sky screaming friends in the pathetic excuse of an institution we know as the mainstream media. What he has managed to do in the face of an insanely negative and hatefully biased mainstream media s###ing on everything he does while sugarcoating everything thing his opposition does is almost miraculous. The level of hatred and staggering hypocrisy from Democrats and the mainstream media that carries their water only drives those who were on the fence like me and others like me more towards Trump. THAT is why many of us who concede that Trump is a narcissistic crude egomaniac overlook his poorer qualities. Sure he's a narcissistic ahole but he's a fighter who has the nerve and the guts to stand up and fight back against and call out the arrogance, hatred, and hypocrisy of the Left who is use to bullying Republicans and Republican supporters into submission. Let's face it, Leftists called Bush, McCain, and Romney...all so called men with decency...NAZIS so this idea that the Left is only "resisting" because of Trump is a joke. The Left demonizes anyone with an R by their name no matter how decent a person they are.

As for the OP, supporters of Trump will abandon him if actual proof of a major high crime or misdemeanor is PROVEN or if he turns his back on the policies he now supports. Republicans...unlike Democrats...will actually turn on their own when they don't follow through on their promises or are actually proven to be frauds or lawbreakers. Heck, my state (deep deep Republican Alabama) even voted in a Democrat Senator over the Republican candidate because through an extraordinarily odd set of circumstances an embarrassingly bad candidate somehow won the Republican Senate primary and Alabama Republicans couldn't stomach sending him to Washington. New Jersey Democrats, on the other hand, are about to re-elect a Senator who barely escaped prison on felony convictions who was also investigated by the FBI for having sex with underage prostitutes proving once again that Democrats and Leftists will overlook anything and vote for such a flawed candidate when it comes to their own team while hypocritically criticizing Republican voters for almost voting for a flawed candidate of their own.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:38 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
I think most people hate him because of the person the media has made him out to be. If I believed everything I saw on the news about him, my feelings towards him may change as well, but that's why I do my own do my own research to gather the facts instead. For instance, those that think Trump is against immigration, that isn't true, he is against illegal immigration and wants to streamline the process for immigrants that want to come to this country legally. Most of the policy he presents seems to make sense to me anyway, not everything, but a lot of it. Is he Presidential material? not really, but I think he's doing a good job so far. This country spends too much time trying to divide itself instead of uniting.

I vote for a person rather than a party, as everyone should do.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:46 AM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I think most people hate him because of the person the media has made him out to be. If I believed everything I saw on the news about him, my feelings towards him may change as well, but that's why I do my own do my own research to gather the facts instead. For instance, those that think Trump is against immigration, that isn't true, he is against illegal immigration and wants to streamline the process for immigrants that want to come to this country legally. Most of the policy he presents seems to make sense to me anyway, not everything, but a lot of it. Is he Presidential material? not really, but I think he's doing a good job so far. This country spends too much time trying to divide itself instead of uniting.

I vote for a person rather than a party, as everyone should do.
I knew the minute he opened his mouth there was something wrong with him. No one had to tell me that and I'm almost perfectly self absorbed to I wasn't influenced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies