Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 09:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Except the coal industry is still dead. And rightfully so

LAWL

35% of the base load electricity in the USA comes from burning coal. It's not going away. Especially now that Trump shredded up Obama's paper legacy of war on coal.

The hapless community agitator was completely out of his league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 09:22 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah sure Barry ...

——
Former President Obama on Monday urged a crowd in Las Vegas to "remember who started" the current economic boom, reminding them that the country recovered from the Great Recession during his presidency.

Unlike some, I actually try to state facts," Obama said. "I believe in facts. I believe in a fact-based reality, fact-based politics. I don't believe in just making stuff up. I think you should actually say to people what's true."
Sorry. Like it or not Obama is right. He inherited a recession. Trump inherited a growing economy. Under Obama we gained millions of jobs each year.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:26 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
You're all a bunch of economic illiterates.

Presidents don't “start” or “finish” economies. Governments don't create jobs.

Get a freaking clue.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
35% of the base load electricity in the USA comes from burning coal. It's not going away. Especially now that Trump shredded up Obama's paper legacy of war on coal.
LAWL

Trump did nothing of the sort, as there is no “war on coal.”

Fracking is killing coal. It's capitalism 101.

https://naturalgasnow.org/fracking-k...-coal-not-epa/

Old 10-22-2018, 09:32 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah sure Barry ...

——
Former President Obama on Monday urged a crowd in Las Vegas to "remember who started" the current economic boom, reminding them that the country recovered from the Great Recession during his presidency.

Unlike some, I actually try to state facts," Obama said. "I believe in facts. I believe in a fact-based reality, fact-based politics. I don't believe in just making stuff up. I think you should actually say to people what's true."

If you think you can get away with spouting a false narrative regarding whether or not Obama had a positive impact on the economy, you are wrong. WE WERE THERE ! We know how the economy was in the dumpster when Obama took over from Bush. Foreclosures were at record levels, jobs were non existent, and businesses were closing daily.

My shop was one of the few that survived that 2008 ish recession. My shop is in a row of about 12 other shops, and us and one other business were all that stayed open. There were so many foreclosed homes that entire city blocks were vacated and boarded up.

Tell your fantasy story to people who are from another planet, because those of us who were here from 08 -16 KNOW the truth.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:36 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
We're going to have to get past this polarized, racist, and homophobic era in our society before we will really be able to look at Obama in perspective. People that hate him because he is black or because he was so pro-LGBT are enraged merely by the fact that he was even President. They will never be able to admit that he did anything good.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:37 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
The economy has been horrible since 1975.

Anyways, I'm surprised Obama is so self congratulatory, I thought he had more political intuition than that.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
We're going to have to get past this polarized, racist, and homophobic era in our society before we will really be able to look at Obama in perspective. People that hate him because he is black or because he was so pro-LGBT are enraged merely by the fact that he was even President. They will never be able to admit that he did anything good.
“Racist.”

The best way to look at O-bomb-ya in perspective is a murderous war criminal, just like all other Presidents.

The most preeminent black leftist of our time agrees:

Cornel West: Obama a 'war criminal'

Old 10-22-2018, 09:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
“Racist.”

The best way to look at O-bomb-ya in perspective is a murderous war criminal, just like all other Presidents.

The most preeminent black leftist of our time agrees:

Cornel West: Obama a 'war criminal'
At least you oppose Obama for a legitimate reason. There are plenty of things to not like about Obama. It's just the average Trump supporter dislikes Obama for all the wrong reasons. They hate him for stuff such as their belief he was born in Kenya, his supposedly "secret Muslim faith," his advocacy for the LGBT community, his standing up to the Christian Right (while still openly talking about his own faith), and his middle name being Hussein, among other things.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
At least you oppose Obama for a legitimate reason. There are plenty of things to not like about Obama. It's just the average Trump supporter dislikes Obama for all the wrong reasons. They hate him for stuff such as their belief he was born in Kenya, his supposedly "secret Muslim faith," his advocacy for the LGBT community, his standing up to the Christian Right (while still openly talking about his own faith), and his middle name being Hussein, among other things.
I despise Obama for the same reasons I despise Trump, and despised Cheney.

All Presidents are war criminals, tyrants, and sociopaths. The people who really run the country don't allow those without those traits to be (s)elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies