Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 05:19 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
And illegal immigrants are not equally distributed through out the city. Jesus.
Ok. So what? You have data showing that crime is higher in areas of NYC more populated by illegal immigrants compared to areas with a higher population density of citizens and legal residents controlling for socio-economic factors unrelated to immigration status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 05:21 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
A person that is paid less for more work because of their fear of being deported for breaking the law benefits you. Sounds a lot like something else than being compassionate.

While some may surely be paid less lets be real about if its something desired on their behalf (if they are in fact paid less than an American would be). Almost every immigrant I've spoken with living here has told me they earn 3-5 times a week what they could in their home country. So even if they are paid less its still a positive situation for them they enter by choice.

Of course they are a few instances where this doesn't apply where employers abuse their position due to the illegality of their employees. I do not agree with that at all.

Many immigrants are entrepreneurs that work harder and cheaper than their American citizen counterparts. I benefit from their talents. I benefit almost every time I go to a restaurant. My kids benefit by being able to experience different cultures at their schools. I benefit in my work (often working closely with immigrant clients) as they are almost always the best type of client for me to have. Always pay their bills.

I am not afraid of someone different than me. I do not hate someone from a just because they are from a different place than me. You should all try it.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:04 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How many tunnels exist under Duncan Hunter's' wall? Thirty Chinese and goodness knows how many drug traffickers were captured last week.

Put a military person every 100 feet along the border. Maybe wake ups Ice agents sleeping in their cars.
Where is Duncan Hunter's wall?

No one said walls never get breached. In addition to walls, sensors need to be installed to pick up underground activity. Once again, the wall Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings.

As for your remarks about ICE agents---those remarks are despicable.

Once again, I will tell this story--- Some years back, our daughter and son-in-law went to a BP hiring fair. The agent they talked to minced no words. He told them that if they get hired, they would be on the graveyard shift and be the only agent around for 70 miles. If they needed backup, none would be coming any time soon.

A wall would be a one time expense---and it will be worth every penny. Hiring that many people that you unrealistically imagine to have working would be an enormous cost on a continual basis.

Why are you making excuses for leaving vulnerable parts of the border wide open?

Old 10-24-2018, 06:07 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
So far, neither OP nor any of the other conservatives have been able to prove Democrats advocate illegal immigration. It's an "alternative fact" (also known as fake news).

Old 10-24-2018, 06:08 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Anecdotes aren’t evidence of correlation, particularly when you are relying on anecdotal evidence concerning one community and extrapolating it on a National scale. If you have this information at your fingertips, why not share this data so we can analyze it to see whether there is a real correlation as you claim?

Food for thought... New York City is home to more than 5% of all illegal immigrants in the US with well over a half million of them living there. New York is also one of the safest and most prosperous cities in the world.

Don’t get me wrong... I’m not advocating for illegal immigration. I just suspect that this claim of illegals flooding schools and causing people to flee their homes as they “destroy†“hundreds†of communities is hogwash unsupported by any empirical evidence.
So...two questions for you:

1) What has your research on this topic yielded?

2) Where do you live where you haven't experienced the deleterious effects of illegal immigration? Rest assured, no one is asking you for your specific address, just the city/town and state. Why do you refuse to answer?

The fact that you would tell us who have experienced our communities and schools destroyed by illegal immigration that it is "hogwash" is plain vile and despicable.

Unless you answer question #1 with links to your own research, you have nothing, therefore you have no business insulting those of us who have had to deal with this problem up close and personal

Old 10-24-2018, 08:13 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
While some may surely be paid less lets be real about if its something desired on their behalf (if they are in fact paid less than an American would be). Almost every immigrant I've spoken with living here has told me they earn 3-5 times a week what they could in their home country. So even if they are paid less its still a positive situation for them they enter by choice.

Of course they are a few instances where this doesn't apply where employers abuse their position due to the illegality of their employees. I do not agree with that at all.

Many immigrants are entrepreneurs that work harder and cheaper than their American citizen counterparts. I benefit from their talents. I benefit almost every time I go to a restaurant. My kids benefit by being able to experience different cultures at their schools. I benefit in my work (often working closely with immigrant clients) as they are almost always the best type of client for me to have. Always pay their bills.

I am not afraid of someone different than me. I do not hate someone from a just because they are from a different place than me. You should all try it.

Why do you keep referring to illegal aliens as plain ole "immigrants". You're blurring the lines between legal and illegal by doing that and it's blatantly dishonest. Typical though!

The very reason that Americans have lost their jobs to illegal aliens is due to the fact that they work cheaper. How is that fair or lawful to hire someone who has no right to be here or work in this country to undercut Americans that way?

How do you know who's working in a restaurant? If you think these greedy restaurant owners are passing any savings on to you by a lower cost meal you are badly mistaken. What they and the rest of the employers who hire illegal aliens do is pass their enormous social costs on to the rest of us.

We can't experience different cultures from those here legally? There is no diversity in illegal immigration anyway as most of them are from only one culture.

Where are you getting the idea that being opposed to illegal immigration while embracing legal immigration is being afraid of someone different? Aren't legal immigrants someone different? You make no sense at all! Hate has nothing to do with opposing illegal immigration it's about our laws and the negative impact they have on Americans. Why don't you stop with your BS as you're looking like a total fool in here!!

Old 10-24-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So far, neither OP nor any of the other conservatives have been able to prove Democrats advocate illegal immigration. It's an "alternative fact" (also known as fake news).

Oh yes, we have you have just chosen to ignore it. The Democrats in congress are certainly advocating for illegal immigration and many mainstream Democrats do also. Need the list again of why?

1. Oppose internal enforcement and the wall which is for security at our border.

2. Wants to abolish ICE.

3. Advocates for sanctuary cities.

4. Wants amnesty for millions of illegal aliens.

5. Won't sign or even offer an e-verify bill.

How can you possibly deny that the Democrats aren't pro-illegal immigration with the list above?

Old 10-24-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How many tunnels exist under Duncan Hunter's' wall? Thirty Chinese and goodness knows how many drug traffickers were captured last week.

Put a military person every 100 feet along the border. Maybe wake ups Ice agents sleeping in their cars.

Ever heard of tunnel sensors? Did you not hear of the illegal who broke both legs trying to climb one of the good walls? The fact that these Chinese were captured should tell you something. I'm all for using the military when this caravan of invaders approaches our border though since the wall hasn't been built yet.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh yes, we have you have just chosen to ignore it. The Democrats in congress are certainly advocating for illegal immigration and many mainstream Democrats do also. Need the list again of why?

1. Oppose internal enforcement and the wall which is for security at our border.

2. Wants to abolish ICE.

3. Advocates for sanctuary cities.

4. Wants amnesty for millions of illegal aliens.

5. Won't sign or even offer an e-verify bill.

How can you possibly deny that the Democrats aren't pro-illegal immigration with the list above?
6. Won't close legal loopholes that force catch and release and draws illegals

7. Won't reduce tax payer supported benefits and services illegals use.

8. A bunch of other things I don't feel like typing or forgot about.

Democrats are scamming and gaslighting us on illegal immigration like we never have been before.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Nothing we could do or say would ever satisfy your questioning, you want a link to a candidate's website that says "I support illegal immigration" and you know damn well that doesn't exist because they can't be honest like that. It's pretty easy to find dozens of Democrats who openly support sanctuary city policies, that alone is enough proof of support for illegal immigration for me. Consistently voting against any legislation that would make it more difficult for illegal aliens to vote, obtain any sort of social services or be detained and deported is enough proof of support for me. We had countless Democrats fly to South Texas to inspect border ports of entry and detention facilities because the media lied about illegal alien children being locked in cages while there are thousands of hungry and needy American children back in their home territories who haven't seen their representatives do jack **** for them in decades, that is proof to me that Democrats support illegal immigration and it's all for political gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies