Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 07:31 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You just don't get it and never will. We're not talking about individuals and you and me. We're talking about society and large groups.
I don't get it, because society is made up of individuals like you and me. Your prejudice and hatred inform your world-view. My rejection of prejudice and hatred inform my world-view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 07:33 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
What a shocker that one of the biggest names in the White Nationalist community, Richard Spencer, is a loser and a woman-beater.

I'm shocked, I tell ya. A guy that manufactures and peddles in hatred is violent and abusive towards women.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He does not preach white supremacist rhetoric. He does not believe whites are superior to every other group on the planet. He is not "known for espousing Nazi rhetoric". The NPI is not a white supremacist think tank.
That's just balderdash. The entire foundation of the belief that the white race needs to be protected and kept pure rests on the belief that white is superior. Otherwise, there is no reason to protect "white culture" or to maintain its purity. If it's the same as "black culture" and "Asian culture" and every other culture, then its purity is not important.

Moreover, how is white American culture different than other American culture? Same holidays, for the most part. Same fast-food restaurants. Same television. Same newspapers. What are the differences that are so troubling for some of you?

Old 10-25-2018, 08:08 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Once again, a nationalist (regardless of their race) is not mutually inclusive of being a white supremacist. This BS needs to stop! I'm a nationalist but my race is irrelevant and I don't consider whites to be superior to anyone else. My nationalism simply means I put all American needs regardless of their race above the citizens of other countries.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Once again, a nationalist (regardless of their race) is not mutually inclusive of being a white supremacist. This BS needs to stop! I'm a nationalist but my race is irrelevant and I don't consider whites to be superior to anyone else. My nationalism simply means I put all American needs regardless of their race above the citizens of other countries.
Nationalism isn't patriotism. The attempts to make nationalism seem like harmless patriotism are either naive or very devious.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:19 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Richard Spencer's "nationalism" is definitely attached to racism.

Spencer himself said that he wants an ethnic cleansing of the United States to preserve the European bloodline.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:00 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The problem with nationalists is that--like communists--they don't really believe in freedom of association. They believe in State-imposed segregation.
Nationalism is never an ideal, it is a compromise. Because nationalism is not an end, it is a means to an end.

Nationalists hate this country as much as everyone else, but they hate the rest of the world even more. And maybe I shouldn't use the word hate. I would actually say that they are fearful of the rest of the world. They perceive that the rest of the world wants to do them harm.

Basically, if we invited the rest of the world to this country, I would be less-safe, less-free, the country would be less-moral, the country would be transformed into something completely unrecognizable, and I would increasingly feel under attack. So for my own protection, I support Nationalism.

But I am by no means a Nationalist. And if it was 2008 again, and if the Congress and the presidency was in the hands of Democrats, I would again be a secessionist, or a libertarian, or an anarchist, or a whatever I have to be to protect myself from the people I despise, the people I fear, the people I don't trust, the people who make me feel less safe, the people who largely feel the same way about me, the people who I think are destroying everything good, and if they succeed, will plunge the entire world into a darkness which we may never recover(IE globalism).

Nationalists are desperate people. Deserving of pity. Just as all people.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:03 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Richard Spencer's "nationalism" is definitely attached to racism.

Spencer himself said that he wants an ethnic cleansing of the United States to preserve the European bloodline.
Whatever. I already explained by position and there's nothing racist about it.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:47 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't get it, because society is made up of individuals like you and me. Your prejudice and hatred inform your world-view. My rejection of prejudice and hatred inform my world-view.
Your arguments don't reject prejudice and hatred but promote it as much as anyone's. Your arguments reject facts, truth and reality. And you just label your opposition as bad and yourself and supporters as good.

You still don't get it. I'm not talking about two people's viewpoint and qualities. I'm talking about groups, their overall compatibility, affinity, interchangeability etc.

Last edited by mtl1; 10-25-2018 at 12:49 PM..

Old 10-25-2018, 12:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's just balderdash. The entire foundation of the belief that the white race needs to be protected and kept pure rests on the belief that white is superior. Otherwise, there is no reason to protect "white culture" or to maintain its purity. If it's the same as "black culture" and "Asian culture" and every other culture, then its purity is not important.

Moreover, how is white American culture different than other American culture? Same holidays, for the most part. Same fast-food restaurants. Same television. Same newspapers. What are the differences that are so troubling for some of you?
"Pure" and "superior" are your words. Every race or ethnicity has to be endogamous to continue to exist without being completely altered. Also you can't separate culture from the hereditary group.

Butt that's not what this is about, since in your next paragraph you've denied white culture even exists and have erased it. That's just flat anti-white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies