Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 09:07 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Do you know where the caravan is today? Didn't think so.
You mean the one that trump & the cons made up right before the election, that one?

Old 10-25-2018, 09:07 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and can't you realize it seems strange that not one of the bombs went off? If indeed the intent was to murder someone, it is sad and the work of a total nut case which could be from either side or no side,, but right now it is a stretch to say anyone really intended to murder anyone..
Incompetence does not counteract potentially murderous intent.

I, too, am thankful there's been no bloodshed, but we don't know enough yet to judge this. Time will tell, no doubt.

Also, many of us from various points of view seem to be thinking of the would-be bomber as someone who is competent and who did this logically and rationally. Whoever and whatever he is, that does not describe him.

He makes the bombs look scary, like something he may have seen on TV or online, includes some materials which correctly assembled and charged would have been lethal (I woke up to learn that crushed glass shards were also included), but then fails to ensure that the devices are explosive. He includes a silly mock-ISIS sticker for some reason - distraction? Misdirection? Or just because he thought it was funny or symbolic or had magical powers or was talking to him or - who knows??

Again, it's highly unlikely this character thinks in rational, logical ways. Keep that in mind when trying to figure this out. From what little evidence we have with the devices themselves, it looks as if paranoid schizophrenia may also be part of the package, in addition to other deeply disturbing issues.

But we'll all have to wait and see, and hope the FBi catches their man asap.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:09 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I noted here way back in this thread yesterday evening that this appeared on the October 24 ABC evening news. I expect the FBI has their reasons for getting this information out there to the public, but they did not state those reasons, just asked people to be alert, aware, and to contact them and local police if they see anything suspicious or similar to this device.
They usually describe the suspicious package in cases like that, and ask people to be aware and cautious. That's what was done in the Austin bombing case. They do not release photos of the package and the enclosed "bomb" during an ongoing investigation.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
First of stop using naïve realism here. Realize that the majority of U.S. terrorist activity is from someone who was on the fringe right. Not saying they were mainstream right or sane, but they had right wing ideals. Oklahoma City, Olympic Park and abortion clinic bombings anyone? All have been done with right or far right goals. That said, even the right typically denounced those acts. What is sickening is we aren't denouncing the act and rather we are instead talking about how it was really a leftie who did it making it look like the right did it.

And to this I say anyone claiming it is a false flag are falling inline with another bias, that being the Availability cascade. Because the false flag narrative wasn't really out there until a number of conservatives put that notion out there and it quickly became an echo chamber of this HAS to be a false flag. This includes Limbaugh.

I do accept that there is a possibility and if it was a I'll say I was wrong, but the evidence of these potential attacks don't prove anything other than it was a failed attempt at terrorism and the bomb maker was an amateur nut regardless of their political alignment. I will say it is either a fringe right who believes that Soros is evil, CNN is fake news and that the Clintons and Obama family are enemies or it is some even more delusional leftie thinking an attack like this would benefit the left in the election. I say more delusional because they used Debbie Waserman Schultz as the return address for the John Brennan and I think CNN devices. Mainly because no typical leftie would do that.

My hope is we get this out and charge them with what 7 acts of domestic terrorism and subjected to the death penalty unless they are so derranged that they are unfit for trial.

Oklahoma City was a Janet Reno set up.
You should dig deep into that. McViegh had big ties in the CIA and FBI, even on their payroll.

Clinton was way behind in the polls and the ultimate False Flag.
Clinton would not have won, without OKC bombing and the media painting the republicans as the bad guys, when McViegh was not a Republican. He was a Deepstater.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:11 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,163,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The fact NONE of these things were real explosives, pushes the False Flag Narrative further.
It is all in the illusion....... The Democrats wanted.

No it doesn't. The only thing "pushing" the false flag narrative is the nationalist reactionary right wing in this country.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:12 AM

18,722 posts, read 7,601,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Another 'suspect package' has been found at Robert De Niro's restaurant, Tribeca Grill, in NYC. He also lives in the same building.

I predict the next will be found at Alec Baldwin's house.
Again, what kind of idiot would send bombs to various people who are unemployed losers, or at least not in any administration any longer where they have any ability to affect policy? And send bombs that were 100% unable to explode?

A: Hate-filled Democrats who are desperate to pretend Republicans are the hate-filled ones, and trying to fool people into believing that Republicans are violent thugs and terrorists instead of themselves.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:12 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,163,063 times
Trump is back to heavily bashing CNN today, one day after the bomb attacks.

Hateful speech directed at the news media from a self-proclaimed nationalist.

Trump has gone all in on Mussolini-style Fascism.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:13 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,613,411 times
No false flag. Some nut is trying to divide us all and from what I see on here, it is working.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:14 AM

99 posts, read 51,917 times
The bombs were fake, Like Achmed the clock boy made. Fake news

Old 10-25-2018, 09:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Republicans would never do this. Dems are into violence.
My money, this is ANTIFA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies