Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 03:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So all three of you are okay with the insults to continue. Noted LOL.

To be clear, I hate it when politicians go low. And sadly a lot of politicians go low. I hate the personal attacks by all elected officials and wish they wouldn't do it.

It's one thing for us private citizens to go back and forth on here on City-Data, it's the internet. But for elected officials, to include the President of our nation, attacking people personally because they don't agree on things doesn't help anything.

If Trump doesn't like Waters, Obama, Clinton, Holder, etc, can he not just keep it political and professional and talk about how he disagrees with their opinions and policies? Why does he always have to insult people?

His base eats it up.

The Pocahontas routine has gotten really old.

No shortage of reasons to like or dislike her based on her positions.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:34 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump took the right tone this afternoon when he made a few remarks about the bombs.

He will be speaking at a rally in Wisconsin, this evening.

Will he set an appropriate tone at the top and avoid the hot rhetoric?
Hopefully he will change his tone from the other night when he supported Tester.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:35 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKay44 View Post
I have no problem wishing death on the Clintons.....they're war criminals, traitors, death merchants, etc. it would be great for America.

They cant die soon enough for me.
Well.....I appreciate your honesty....

Old 10-24-2018, 03:36 PM

7 posts, read 5,373 times
just another October Surprise

Old 10-24-2018, 03:36 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Try and make republicans look bad?" You're chitting us riiiggght? No effort is required.
Yeah right Republicans look like America the beautiful compared to ugly Democrat America.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:37 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
If a right winger did this, the bombs would have detonated. They grew up with guns and blew things up for fun. They know how to make an explosive.

The fact that the person that "found" the one in soros' mailbox, took it inside, opened it, picked it up, carried it to the back of the property, and put it down, then called police to report the "bomb" tells you they knew it wouldnt explode.
So soros, is somehow involved.
None were processed through post office...no stamp markings. Real bombers dont mail them in manila envelopes.
The cnn photo proves they knew it wouldnt detonate...no one finds a bomb, puts it on the table next to the envelope it came in, and takes photos...next to a container of clorox wipes, to remove fingerprints..

This could very well be another hoax. Cases where the right were accused of "crimes" ultimately found to be hoaxes perpetrated by the left, are legion.

In any event, someone is following the left's call to fight, get in people's faces, and not be civil.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:39 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
No one makes that many bombs..that are handled and set there that long....and not even one goes off
Odds are, at least one should have gone off accidentally or at the wrong time

..they were all dummies

Old 10-24-2018, 03:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is maybe the bomb mailer was entrapped or set up by authorities?

Old 10-24-2018, 03:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
If even one of those bombs had exploded I wouldn't be pinning this on the democrats right now.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:44 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have to give you that. I guess we're even. Except I don't know of any other president who gets up at rallies and foments hatred and violence. "He's my guy" while he lauds body slamming a journalist. Pictures of a CNN bus running over Clinton. I mean, really, what mentally stable grown man, let alone the leader of the free world does that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1055164253441679360

you are a hypocrite, trobesmom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It wouldn't play for me. Can you tell me the gist?
It's an apples and oranges comparison, and here I'm not sure who on this thread is an apple and who an orange.

The tweeter is objecting to a correlation between Trump's rhetoric with the today's attack. Pelosi basically agrees - calling out Republicans who appeared (their exact assertions aren't on the clip) to blame Democrats for the Steve Scalise shooting.

There is a difference between making any one entity (or person) directly responsible and addressing whether there is some point where political hyperbole is irresponsible - if only because it inflames to where the political divide is problematic for the country as a whole.

I don't know what the individual Republicans said (so cannot assess Pelosi's response as reasonable or not) ... just like I'm not sure how various posters have addressed this. Your comment certainly did not make a direct correlation.

What sets an unstable individual off isn't always clear. Certainly there is a copycat phenomena with a desire for acclaim, like what we've seen with many of the school shootings. Many, but not all political attacks involve a certain level of psychological instability.

Some may appear stable and are only motivated by religious fervor - that might be said of the 911 attackers. Someone like Timothy McVeigh who on the surface seemed normal? There can well be an intersection of multiple factors: underlying psychological vulnerabilities ... maybe a fascination with guns ... followed by an adoption of some extremist cause, perhaps in an effort to belong. They may be lone wolves or open to manipulation. Sure they may be suggestible. It's complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies