Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 07:05 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
pull-EEZ!

You conveniently ignored the OP's data.

There's plenty in the link, unless you're afraid to look.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/1739876002/

I checked, I didn't see a link in the story to all the data for polling, so I couldn't check its validity.

But hey, have it your way, you guys have the Republicans right were you want them...

You can all stay home on election day then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 07:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I am very confident that we are going to see a Republican hold on the House and a gain of 5 seats in the Senate, which will mean that President Trump will have defied the odds. I do not see any sort of blue wave at all after the Democrats showed their true colors.
I think the Senate will stay red but the house will go blue.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:08 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
I am very confident that we are going to see a Republican hold on the House and a gain of 5 seats in the Senate, which will mean that President Trump will have defied the odds. I do not see any sort of blue wave at all after the Democrats showed their true colors.

That would be a Democrat nightmare. Trump could act much more aggressively in the next 2 years. The first year was slowed while learning the job and obstruction by activist judges. With a stronger Senate his next SCOTUS pick will be a slam dunk. And with a more conservative SCOTUS he can fast-track these cases with the activist judges. DACA will be gone for good. He can go after sanctuary cities hard.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:25 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Smart money is on Republicans keeping control of House, betting site odds say
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1800052002

Old 10-28-2018, 11:13 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Haha. Nah.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:33 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
pull-EEZ!

You conveniently ignored the OP's data.

There's plenty in the link, unless you're afraid to look.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/1739876002/

"You conveniently ignored the OP's data."

"They were especially energized by tRump nominating an accused sexual molester to the SC,"

Kav was nominated BEFORE the sex accusations were made.

And YOU are ignoring that "accused" does NOT mean GUILTY!

NOTHING came out to PROVE his GUILT.

EVERY witness DENIED the allegations against him.

But being the lefty you are, you apply GUILT just by being accused, unless it is against a dem then even when proven guilty, you STILL support them.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking pull-EEZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You conveniently ignored the OP's data."

"They were especially energized by tRump nominating an accused sexual molester to the SC,"

Kav was nominated BEFORE the sex accusations were made.

And YOU are ignoring that "accused" does NOT mean GUILTY!

NOTHING came out to PROVE his GUILT.

EVERY witness DENIED the allegations against him.

But being the lefty you are, you apply GUILT just by being accused, unless it is against a dem then even when proven guilty, you STILL support them.

A little less drama, please.

Kavanaugh wasn't facing any judgement on guilt, just his suitability to serve on the nations' highest court. There was plenty of skepticism about that, supported by sworn testimony ignored by Pubs representing 44% of America who shoved him through despite that.

You, tRump and his GOP bootlickers all heralded it as a great victory.

Millions upon millions of women across the country have been mobilized by that anti-democratic action.

Maybe next week that seething anger will bear fruit.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:28 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
All across America, women have been very vocally expressing their opposition to tRump's agenda for the past two years.

They were especially energized by tRump nominating an accused sexual molester to the SC, as we all saw live last month.

The fact that GOP senators representing a minority of the USA (about 44%) crammed Kavanaugh through despite the very active and vocal objection of women who made their views clearly known isn't going to gain the GOP a whole lot of support, boys.

"In yesterday’s vote to confirm Justice Kavanaugh, the 50 senators voting yes represent states covering just 44% of the U.S. population or 143 million Americans. That’s less than a majority, less than the 181 million Americans represented by the senators voting no (you might say the “Senate popular vote”). Yet the nomination was confirmed."

https://govtrackinsider.com/with-kav...ic-dfb0f5fa7fa

Let's don't even get into the GOP judiciary committee hiding 100,000 pages of documents from Kavanaugh's work in the George W Bush admin. But it's kinda interesting that they were SO afraid of whatever that info was in there.

Nov 6 could be interesting.

Stay tuned.

Also, all across America, women have vocally been expressing their support for the tRump agenda for the last 2 years.

I expect the polls for the upcoming election to be just as accurate as the Nov 16 polls....stay tuned.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Also, all across America, women have vocally been expressing their support for the tRump agenda for the last 2 years.

I expect the polls for the upcoming election to be just as accurate as the Nov 16 polls....stay tuned.
One of us thinks women are big tRump fans.

The other thinks women have noticed his misogyny.

8 days 'til the reckoning.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:42 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

There are already polls, women favor the democrats over republicans by double digits with college educated women its even a greater divide. So while you may have some anecdotes the polls don't back your opinion.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/24/65044...litics-in-2018
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies