Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 01:21 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like To Post View Post
My post is about how the liberal media manipulates the viewers regarding Illegal immigration. Not another tired discussion about the merits of border patrols.
And my response is about how Trump manipulates the voters, manufacturing a crisis where none exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 01:22 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
oh yes , yes it is.

Trumpy wumpy himself has attempted to dehumanize them. Trump was lying just the other day claiming their were criminals, gang members, implying terrorists and openly stating there were bad people in there...

that is how it is done. Trump chips away at them echoing those who say much worse and leading people to believe the group is something it is not.

Lying about some being gang members and criminals? What is wrong with you … Honduran law enforcement reported about MS13 gang members among the group they were monitoring. WHERE DO YOU THINK MS13 MEMBERS COME FROM? FREAKING SWEEDEN?

And, they are ALL CRIMINALS by definition, by storming through the Mexican Border Fences, entering Mexico illegally, on there way to attempt to repeat the crime, HERE.

Quote:
What is this group?

Well it is a bunch of folk who want to avoid dealing with the gangs who charge monies, beat, rape murder those they are transporting. So they are moving as a group for self protection. When they get to the border they will either try to break up and slip in or apply for some sort of status as they are legally entitled too. Sure most will get nothing but heart break and end up going home, but maybe some have valid reasons and will be granted some sort of status in the US.

So you've interviewed each of those 10,000, have you? No? WELL HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THEM??? You apparently know more than our Border Patrol Agents, Huh?

Quote:
Just to remind you, Americans do this to. We arrive at borders all day everyday we present our paperwork or lack of it and get through or not.
I travel through the CAN border often i have a "fast pass" i see folk getting turned around often and in both directions....

If there is ever a contest for "The most ignorant post on CD', this has a great shot at first place.

Americans do this all the time aye? REALLY? Of course we do ... we frequently gather in caravans of 10,000, march across two countries, plow down border fences …. it's the 3rd favorite summer vacation activity, right behind going to the beach and Disneyland. MY GOD, BURN YOUR VOTER CARD, PLEASE!!

Quote:
the idea that this caravan is scary is just silly, in fact the whole thing is just sad, these folk actually believe they have a good shot of getting in or they would not make the journey... they don't and the won't.

Mass invasion of the US border by 10,000 unknown entities is a scary proposition, particularly for the local residents that face such head on, close up bombardment of bodies.

People with such a mentality as yours are beyond scary …. you're terrifying

Old 10-24-2018, 01:42 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't understand this desire by so many people to be so for pro immigration. I don't get it why the news media would be so for it in particular.

What is the end game of bringing in tons and tons of mostly people under skilled people? It hurts the people here on the lower economic rungs, it causes much more strain on all of the infrastructure, schools, emergency rooms, strains the housing crisis in a lot of places etc etc etc.

I just don't see what this push is for by so many on the left.

I hear it's votes. That alone just doesn't' makes any sense to me.

Tucker Carlson has a chapter in his new book that sorta lays out the why of and how of the "ruling class" just wants this and he's basically saying cheap labor.

That just doesn't make that much sense to me.

The character of a nation changes when too many people come too fast that don't assimilate. More and more groups coming over don't become "Americans" like they did back in the old days, from what I hear.

What is the deal here????
I can only speak for myself, but I strongly support LEGAL immigration. Why? Because this country was built by immigrants, and it is immigration that made America great. That has not changed in the 21st century.

It would take forever to list all of the contributions from immigrants, from starting businesses, creating jobs, fighting our wars, music and the arts, technological inventions and scientific discoveries, etc. History has shown that often the "under skilled" immigrants are the ones that work hard to establish themselves and send their kids to school, who then go on to be leaders of our society.

Today we are in a situation where there are not enough qualified applicants to fill all of the job openings. We have a low birth rate and an aging population, resulting in only 2.9 workers for every retiree. Immigration is the only thing keeping us from going the way of Japan, which has big problems in this regard.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:49 PM

52,196 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I strongly support LEGAL immigration. Why? Because this country was built by immigrants, and it is immigration that made America great. That has not changed in the 21st century.

It would take forever to list all of the contributions from immigrants, from starting businesses, creating jobs, fighting our wars, music and the arts, technological inventions and scientific discoveries, etc. History has shown that often the "under skilled" immigrants are the ones that work hard to establish themselves and send their kids to school, who then go on to be leaders of our society.

Today we are in a situation where there are not enough qualified applicants to fill all of the job openings. We have a low birth rate and an aging population, resulting in only 2.9 workers for every retiree. Immigration is the only thing keeping us from going the way of Japan, which has big problems in this regard.
Yeah, I get that, hence my use of the "tons and tons" wording.

I understand and have heard extensively about the shrinking population issue facing our country.

That's doesn't negate the unchecked, unregulated and often times under skilled masses of people coming in, and in particular illegally.

I have no problem with a measured, controlled and regulated immigration policy.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:51 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Lying about some being gang members and criminals? What is wrong with you … Honduran law enforcement reported about MS13 gang members among the group they were monitoring. WHERE DO YOU THINK MS13 MEMBERS COME FROM? FREAKING SWEEDEN?

And, they are ALL CRIMINALS by definition, by storming through the Mexican Border Fences, entering Mexico illegally, on there way to attempt to repeat the crime, HERE.

So you've interviewed each of those 10,000, have you? No? WELL HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THEM??? You apparently know more than our Border Patrol Agents, Huh?

If there is ever a contest for "The most ignorant post on CD', this has a great shot at first place.

Americans do this all the time aye? REALLY? Of course we do ... we frequently gather in caravans of 10,000, march across two countries, plow down border fences …. it's the 3rd favorite summer vacation activity, right behind going to the beach and Disneyland. MY GOD, BURN YOUR VOTER CARD, PLEASE!!

Mass invasion of the US border by 10,000 unknown entities is a scary proposition, particularly for the local residents that face such head on, close up bombardment of bodies.

People with such a mentality as yours are beyond scary …. you're terrifying

I so agree with you. The attitude and mentality of these people is truly mind boggling.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:54 PM

52,196 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Take your false equivalency somewhere else. There are two extremes but hardly anyone believes in one extreme, while the other got a xenophobic racist elected as POTUS.

The only thing worse than people in either extreme are the charlatans making it seem like those are two choices being weighed.
A rational fair minded person wouldn't have tried to lay this silly mischaracterizing drivel on people here on this forum based on what I wrote.

What I wrote was about as cool headed logic based analysis of the situation that any third grader if they were being intellectually honest would get and understand.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:59 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Of course, no reporter on CNN or MSNBC will actually come out and say they support an open border or want the people in the migrant caravan to be allowed in America. What they do instead is use advanced propaganda techniques in their stories to encourage their viewers to look at the illegal immigrants emotionally vs logically.

Yes, they are all human beings who deserve our love and support but we can't as a country let all of them in and accept the social problems of importing poverty. When CNN and MSNBC humanizing all illegal immigrants they allow us to make decisions based on emotion, not logic.

Here are some of the things I have noticed on CNN and MSNBC reporting on the migrant caravan:

1) They keep saying that the members of the migrant caravan are women and children. (Even though wide shots of the people show 80% men.)

2) They keep saying that the people are coming for a better life. (Who can reject that basic human need when you look at the thing emotionally?)

3) They downplay the number of illegal migrants coming to the USA by saying there were more of them in 2000-2006. (What they don't say is it is illogical to say something is just fine now just because the problem was even more TERRIBLE in the past. Two wrongs don't make a right.)

4) They keep showing kids crying with cute faces to impact the emotions of the viewer. ( Viewers think "Look at that cute kid, he reminds me of my boy, can't we let him into America?")

5) They never allow any critics of illegal immigration to speak in the panel of experts. If someone, who is a critic of illegal immigration, tries to speak logically about the issue, they are shouted down by everyone else in the panel.)

6) They don't say that one-third of the world's population is living in hell with crime, corruption, and poverty, to put the issue in perspective.

Yes, the migrant crisis is reported using emotion and propaganda.
They are human.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:06 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

What nonsense! Do you actually think that these illegal aliens and so-called refugees have qualifications and skills for any jobs? Don't confuse them with legal immigrants that were vetted and proved prior to being allowed entry that they would be a benefit and not a burden to our country. We don't need any "under skilled" immigrants in our country. We have enough of our own to fill any jobs. Please provide proof of your assertions that the descendants of these illegal aliens have gone on to be leaders in our society. I have another hot flash for you also....this country has already been built!

Our birth rate should ideally be reduced. More quality and quantify of life for everyone. Money isn't everything. We need to get pass the baby boomer generation and stabilize our population growth not increase it. What you are advocating for is the Ponzi scheme.

Legal immigration is ok in reasonable numbers and diversified so that it doesn't favor one ethnic/national group. That just leads to colonization not assimilation and lastly illegal immigration and taking in thousands of asylum seekers year after year is a recipe for disaster. There has to be another solution to these problems other than bringing them all into our country.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:28 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Humanizing?? Families walking 1,000+ miles for a better life, starving and ragged. If they had the fees to come here legally, they would. The ones needing humanization are Trump and Stephen Miller. They are heartless and lacking empathy. But nice try blaming cable news for seeing them as suffering human beings.
Refugees are supposed to ask for asylum in the first safe Country. If they don't they are asylum "shopping" so they are looking for the best freebies.

How is that dude in a wheelchair going to NOT be a burden to tax payers?

Old 10-24-2018, 02:30 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
In many cases to serve the greater good, leaders have to dehumanize individual people to make a decision that helps a larger group of people.

Here is an example: The CEO of a company I worked at once pulled the staff together and said that there was going to be layoffs. A very brave person stood up and said how could he as a human being put so many people out of work. They had families to support and being laid off may ruin their life. As a human being don't terminate my coworkers. Then she started to cry.

Everyone left the meeting thinking the CEO was a terrible person by not being human and keeping everyone. But time showed the company was better in the long run after the layoffs.

We have to ignore the emotional response many of us have about individual migrants who want to come to America and only let in the ones who can help America. And look at it intellectually: We can't let everyone who wants to have a better life suffering in poverty all over the world come to America. It would hurt the greater good. CNN and MSBC reporting on the issue don't acknowledge this truth.
Who are you to declare what is the “greater good”? Let’s leave that to a higher authority. We are a country of migrants and our ancestors centuries ago suffered as well but were welcomed here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies