Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 09:16 AM

10,398 posts, read 3,987,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Probably because the left doesn't convincingly condemn violence against the right and even encourages it indirectly and basically directly.
Heck, we watched with our own eyes as this creepy pastor was fondling Ariana Grande, and Bill Clinton just eyeing her like the creepy guy he is, and the left defends it. If this is what the left has become, defending right in your face molesting, they are a lost cause, and I think it's time we stop the war on drugs, take all of that money and build huge insane asylums, that way we have a place to put these people. This goes for the radical right as well. No place for people screaming the N, K or S word in the civilized world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 01:24 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,750,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Heck, we watched with our own eyes as this creepy pastor was fondling Ariana Grande, and Bill Clinton just eyeing her like the creepy guy he is, and the left defends it. If this is what the left has become, defending right in your face molesting, they are a lost cause, and I think it's time we stop the war on drugs, take all of that money and build huge insane asylums, that way we have a place to put these people. This goes for the radical right as well. No place for people screaming the N, K or S word in the civilized world.
Not excusing the pastor or Clinton, but after all the sh** that has gone down the past several days, don't you even dare go there. Give me a freakin' break.

I haven't heard anybody defending the pastor or Clinton, BTW. In case you don't remember, it has been the Dems that have been calling out sexual assault perpetrators. So you might want to get off that high horse of yours and look at reality.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:29 PM

245 posts, read 152,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Trump's not a good public speaker. He'll never sound as emphatic as Obama, W. or Clinton. So that's one reason he may not have sounded convincing to you. The other reason may be that you don't like him and nothing he could do or say will convince you that his "heart was in it." I don't like Trump as president either, but I thought that for him it was a good speech.
Bush 43 sounded like a bumbling idiot. Trump may not be the best speaker, but he's not at dubya's level.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:36 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,484,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.
Because with one hand he condemns it with the other he embraces it.

Last edited by reed067; 10-28-2018 at 01:57 PM..

Old 10-28-2018, 01:44 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,589,303 times
https://hbr.org/1957/09/listening-to-people

From this excellent article:
Quote:
These extensive tests led us to this general conclusion: immediately after the average person has listened to someone talk, he remembers only about half of what he has heard—no matter how carefully he thought he was listening.

https://www.management-issues.com/ne...-want-to-hear/
And this:
Quote:
"If you are really committed to your own attitude – for example, if you are a very committed Democrat – you are more likely to seek congenial information, that is, information that corresponds with your views," Albarracín said.

"If the issues concern moral values or politics, about 70 per cent of the time you will choose congenial information, versus about 60 per cent of the time if the issues are not related to values," she added.

Perhaps more surprisingly was the finding that people who have little confidence in their own beliefs were less likely to expose themselves to contrary views than people who were very confident in their own ideas.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:13 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,528,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is true. Do you ever notice how he never slurs his words when he is attacking someone? It's like Mel Tillis and singing.

When asked if he would 'tone it down', he said he would 'tone it up' and his drooling, toothless fan base cheered. And they'll keep cheering when the next round of bombs actually go off.
They’ll all get the horrible karma coming to them. I look forward to it.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:32 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,107,261 times
Without a speechwriter and telepropter Obama was all...I, I, I, I, I, I, I, ME, ME, ME, ME, I, I, I, I, ,B-BUT, B-BUT, BBB-BUT, I, I, I...

Old 10-29-2018, 01:15 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,657,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave View Post
Bush 43 sounded like a bumbling idiot. Trump may not be the best speaker, but he's not at dubya's level.
Y'know, I'll admit that Dubya had some issues, but the difference is, he is at least not a bad person and is genuine, not heartless. THAT is what this as about, Rump not being genuine or compassionate, saying one thing, then trying to act as is he is sincere, etc. It is only one example of his flawed personality.

He can never speak naturally from the heart and when he needs to pretend to say anything serious or presidential, is squinting to read something another writes for him. Otherwise when speaking off the cuff, it is when making fun of others, promoting violence and hatred at rallies or being dishonest, since that is what is natural for him, being a childish bully. This is not normal for an adult and especially one in his position, where others had never acted so abominably.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 10-29-2018 at 01:33 AM..

Old 10-29-2018, 01:58 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,657,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Without a speechwriter and telepropter Obama was all...I, I, I, I, I, I, I, ME, ME, ME, ME, I, I, I, I, ,B-BUT, B-BUT, BBB-BUT, I, I, I...
OH, please...that is part of his natural self, at least being down-to-Earth and sincere, properly expressing himself honestly and humanly, also entertainingly, having proven to be a terrific speaker.

The buffoon you are supporting stands there squinting, having difficulties reading words provided for him, looking at one monitor, then the other to make it appear natural, also wiggling his body back and forth while attempting to speak. (It reminds me of a small child on stage). No one else has ever appeared this way.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:04 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,712,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.
As a member nor loyalist to neither party, they all sound insincere 99% of the time. As a general rule, if you're a Democrat then you will always question the sincerity of Republicans and if you're a Republican you will always question the sincerity of Democrats.

Let me guess. You're a Democrat, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies