Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Megyn Kelly keep her show?
Yes 162 66.67%
No 81 33.33%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 05:48 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
She lost her spot not because she is a racist(she might be who knows) but because she was on thin ice anyway. She also was so ignorant or uninformed that she didn't know that should not have gotten into a discussion of blackface on the network.

To be ber fair not many people actually know what blackface was . They think they do but they don't.
"Uninformed[?]" I think it would be more accurate to say that she was disinterested in the tabloid crap that seems to keep left-leaning viewers of NBC entertained in the morning.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:53 AM

24,597 posts, read 9,437,319 times
We see once again how dangerous the left has become to modern society.

Although Megyn Kelly already had low ratings and was on her way out, this was the nail in the coffin.

PC culture has taken over and snowflakes can’t handle racial topics. We ask that white people be honest about racial topics then we demand their heads when we hear something we don’t like. Gotta’ love America.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:12 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
In light of Megyn Kelly's recent comments on Black Face, and suggesting that it is okay as long as you're a child and playing a character, later retracting and apologizing for those comments.

I always thought Kelly's departure of Fox News, where she had been a staple of that Company for years was suspect, and I was even more surprised to hear that NBC would be picking her up for her own talk show, given her past. It seems that this may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. What is your opinion? Should her show be canned? Or are people taking this too far?
She didn't do anything even remotely wrong.

God, our culture's screwed up, lol.

We're going to keep dragging on this stupid culture for the next 200 years. I'd support this if people only worried about this stuff when it actually was racist...like if you put on blackface and said something like, "look at me massa! Ima' slave and I sho' do love my work pickin' corn and slavery was sho' a helpful thing fo' me. I'm just a silly ol' nigra and I don' know nuthin my little ol' head, and that's why I needs my smart ol' massa."

That would make sense to be annoyed at. This is just dumb though.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:49 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
"Uninformed[?]" I think it would be more accurate to say that she was disinterested in the tabloid crap that seems to keep left-leaning viewers of NBC entertained in the morning.
Uninformed indeed because if she had any black friends growing up they would have told her when she was still a youth that blackface isn't funny or it was only funny up until about 1911.

Even the white guy who got famous for singing "mammy" did his part.

As early as 1911 he (Al Jolson) became known for fighting against anti-black discrimination on Broadway. Jolson's well-known theatrics and his promotion of equality on Broadway helped pave the way for many black performers, playwrights, and songwriters, including Cab Calloway, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Fats Waller, and Ethel Waters.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jolson

Old 10-26-2018, 07:13 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
What I am enjoying about this is how the left will bully someone, Megyn Kelly in this case, Roseanne in a prior situation, into apologizing in front of millions. (well, I doubt Kelly draws that kind of ratings).

Then once they tearfully apologize and simper, kowtowing to the left, they get fired anyway.

With Megyn Kelly, it's poetic justice.
As I said previously with Megyn Kelly, she was the one who said "For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white" and claimed Jesus was white and not Middle Eastern (which guess what, given his location, he would have been.) She has a race-baiting background. What surprised me is NBC looked beyond that and gave her what two or three shows anyway. Just because she didn't like Trump and was a victim of Trump, don't absolve her of her sins. Throw in the low railings and, she gave them all the reason for her to be fired since her price-tag was rather high.

Now as for Roseanne Barr, let's remember she has gotten more political and controversial as time has gone by. Also her tweet was racist. Her tweet was "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby" talking about Valerie Jarrett. I'm sorry but that was racist since we have the whole meme of African-Americans/Blacks being primates. This was also calling David Hoggs a Nazi about two months before (before deleting the tweet,) about when the show was brought back and higher in the ratings.

I'm sorry past history shows that they maybe shouldn't have been hired in the first place due to known issues. In the world we live in, it is easy to pull up on Twitter or Facebook these comments by a public figure. I doubt the tears and apologises were honest and heartfelt because they only are sorry because they got caught and their jobs were on the line..

Old 10-26-2018, 07:21 AM

4,651 posts, read 1,947,611 times
For the comment Yes, she apologized when she realized how it affected people. Everyone deserves a chance. However from a business perspective her show isn't doing well so should be canceled. Let's face it, its all about money and ratings which is what it should be for a profit oriented business.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:27 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,345,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Who is Megan ?

Yet you cared enough to bring up that you don't think he (Jimmy Kimmel) is racist .
Okay, MegYn. Happy now? Megyn Kelly. Look at thread title. Google her name. Learn something.

I did not bring Jimmy Kimmel into the thread, someone else did. Pay attention. Try to focus.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:37 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
As a kid - many dressed up as Aunt Jemima or the rag doll that was white face until you lifted your skirt and there was a black face. There have been Obama masks, Colin Powell masks ect.. This PC thing is way overdone and despite not liking Kelly - there is something called Free Speech you all preach about remember - Kathy Griffin holding the severed Trump head. Get over it.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:41 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Oh ****ing bull ****! It is people like YOU that USE the history of the PAST to hold the people of the PRESENT responsible for it! You use identity politics within every breath of your existence, and project that onto your political opponents. It's time for YOU to "come to terms" with that REALITY!

This is a demonstration of the problem. You fundamentally do not understand and or choose to ignore how the human mind works. A persons thoughts and understanding are simply a sum total of their sensory inputs. In other words, its just what the mind has recorded. When your mind tries to make sense of the world it draws on all the things that it has observed/learned to figure out things that are not obvious. For African Americans, we know our experiences as black people, we know of the experiences of our parents and we know of the experiences of our ancestors through the teachings of history. Thus, when we try to make sense of this reality we live in, that is the information that we draw from. No one is trying to hold YOU responsible for it, but rather, just trying to hold you responses for YOUR BELIEFS, many of which you don't know because they are subconscious and you are likely trying to avoiding facing them.

It never ceases to amaze me when people start talking about "identity politics". Your problem is not with identify politics, your problem is with the black identity. There is too much evidence in that poses a threat to your fantasy view/belief about America. You and people like you have no problem with the identities of "liberal", "conservative", "democrat", "republican", "American", etc. You willfully engage in identity politics as it suits you. The left right divide is nothing but identity politics. Like was said, America simply can't come to grips with its history of race and that essentially means that INDIVIDUALS can't come to grips with dealing with inside themselves in regards to race. You don't want to talk about or think about race because you fear learning what is really inside you. Its so obvious to see. You are hiding from your inner-selves, but we see your inner-self because it controls 90% of how you behave. The only people you are fooling is yourselves.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/pr...ork-with-them/

Old 10-26-2018, 07:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
As a kid - many dressed up as Aunt Jemima or the rag doll that was white face until you lifted your skirt and there was a black face. There have been Obama masks, Colin Powell masks ect.. This PC thing is way overdone and despite not liking Kelly - there is something called Free Speech you all preach about remember - Kathy Griffin holding the severed Trump head. Get over it.
I think that was wrong not because of free speech but that was as tasteless too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies