Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Megyn Kelly keep her show?
Yes 162 66.67%
No 81 33.33%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 04:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
In light of Megyn Kelly's recent comments on Black Face, and suggesting that it is okay as long as you're a child and playing a character, later retracting and apologizing for those comments.

I always thought Kelly's departure of Fox News, where she had been a staple of that Company for years was suspect, and I was even more surprised to hear that NBC would be picking her up for her own talk show, given her past. It seems that this may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. What is your opinion? Should her show be canned? Or are people taking this too far?
I think Kelly should have known better, but the issue has been percolating in my mind for the last couple of days. If I had a seven-year-old who was enamored with The Black Panther and wanted to dress as the character for Halloween, I really don't know what I would do. When my kid was seven, his best friend was black, and it really did not occur to him that they were in any way different. To deny a child the option of dressing up as an African-American superhero based on perceived racism would seem to make the situation worse rather than better. Maybe Kelly was trying to raise a similar point and just didn't have the words to get it across without causing offense. Anybody else have thoughts about this?

Old 10-26-2018, 04:50 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think Kelly should have known better, but the issue has been percolating in my mind for the last couple of days. If I had a seven-year-old who was enamored with The Black Panther and wanted to dress as the character for Halloween, I really don't know what I would do. When my kid was seven, his best friend was black, and it really did not occur to him that they were in any way different. To deny a child the option of dressing up as an African-American superhero based on perceived racism would seem to make the situation worse rather than better. Maybe Kelly was trying to raise a similar point and just didn't have the words to get it across without causing offense. Anybody else have thoughts about this?
For one Halloween, I dressed up as a hobo. My mom put honey on my face where a beard would go on a guy's face, and then put coffee grounds over that to make it look like stubble.

Not only was I pretending to be another gender, can you imagine the PC crowd today if I had done that? They would have wanted me lynched for "mocking the homeless".

It is not the same as wanting to be another race, but it does illustrate how out of control the PC garbage is getting. Still, if some kid wants to dress up as the Black Panther, why can't he do it? So what if he's a white kid? It's not like you can see the Black Panther's face anyway. He has a full outfit, complete with full head mask, so who cares?

Old 10-26-2018, 04:52 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
I don’t know what she said but she’s being very political before, so it’s Karma time for her. I don’t really like her.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:54 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Wayan's brothers did an entire movie in Whiteface....They're still allowed to work, how is that not racist?
That was a different time. That movie won't fly in today's time.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:54 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
I can't say I every recall black face being part of a Halloween costume and I am older than Megyn Kelly. In listening to her statement I am not hearing her condone or promote it just reflect on her childhood memory but like everything today if one person is offended then the offender must be public eviscerated, just ask Rosanne.

Does this mean when a rap, hip hop or other urban style of singer has lyrics that are derogatory based on ones race, gender, religion, or orientation I can anticipate the same swift and total flogging of them?

Old 10-26-2018, 04:55 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
All she said was that she doesn't get it--when she was a kid it was acceptable to don blackface for Halloween.

That's not racist.

So no.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:59 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
I used to dislike this woman but perhaps I have underestimated her. Media personalities with any shred of common sense or a real opinion about anything get booted out of MSM fake-ville in pretty short order these days. One more reason to throw your TV out with the recycling.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:38 PM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I'm looking at the bigger picture. This PC world that has taken over the US is alarming. A society that has to walk on eggshells, with everyone is not functioning. In a few weeks another personality will be accused of being racist. This has become an obvious pattern.These network execs seem to be the ones with problems.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:46 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
No one *deserves* to keep their show.

If she was raking in huge ratings then she'd still be there, but instead they used this as an excuse to jettison her.

She then got a payout that is something like 36million.

I mean seriously people, what a tragic tragic occurrence we have here in "first world news drama".

Old 10-26-2018, 05:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No one *deserves* to keep their show.

If she was raking in huge ratings then she'd still be there, but instead they used this as an excuse to jettison her.

She then got a payout that is something like 36million.

I mean seriously people, what a tragic tragic occurrence we have here in "first world news drama".
You don't have to be a millionaire with a tv show to be set up or knocked down by the left's PC gotcha scheme. You could be working hard at McDonald's to feed yourself and your child. All that is required is to say something they decide is not leftist enough and be a white person when saying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies