Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Megyn Kelly keep her show?
Yes 162 66.67%
No 81 33.33%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 07:33 PM

25,837 posts, read 16,508,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
I absolutely LOVE the "ignore" feature!
Poof! Gone.
It doesn’t really work. People quote people you have on ignore and you see their posts. I don’t ignore anyone and it’s better that way.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:55 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,344,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It doesn’t really work. People quote people you have on ignore and you see their posts. I don’t ignore anyone and it’s better that way.
It works fine for ME which is all that matters.

You have no idea who is on my ignore list ... rarely does anyone quote their babbling drivel.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:00 PM

30,318 posts, read 19,107,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
In light of Megyn Kelly's recent comments on Black Face, and suggesting that it is okay as long as you're a child and playing a character, later retracting and apologizing for those comments.

I always thought Kelly's departure of Fox News, where she had been a staple of that Company for years was suspect, and I was even more surprised to hear that NBC would be picking her up for her own talk show, given her past. It seems that this may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. What is your opinion? Should her show be canned? Or are people taking this too far?
Her comments weren't offensive unless you're the type person that wants to be offended. If you don't like her or her show, a good faux reason to get rid of her...it's how Demonics pick and choose to focus their hypocrisy.

Having said the above, she'll be okay even though they fired her for this stupid reason.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:18 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,466,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Well black people shouldn't ever dress up as white characters then either.

You see how that works?

Instead of black people dressing up as Alexander Hamilton, they can only dress up as Booker T. Washington or a Buffalo Soldier.
Right! Lol

When a white person wants to dress up like their favorite black actor, and buy a black afro wig and tan their face...that means they are racist and offensive and insensitive....
So if that makes sense, then being black period....is just offensive.
Now that is really racist.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,872,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Of course not. He was just making a joke by imitating a basketball player.

Jimmy Kimmel can't be racist! He hates Mr Trump. Besides, he's a progressive.
Yeah the only thing I don't agree with but perhaps is a case of low budget is that Kimmel did Malone rather than getting someone to play as Malone regularly in the skit. That or just do an animated Malone with Kimmel's voice. That said Dave Chappell did use white face at times though it was more of a satire of a white reporter rather than cultural appropriation. The Diana Ross costume kinda was, but Kelly's defend of it along with her past Santa is White and Jesus is White comments were far worse.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:40 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,550,989 times
Is NBC going to fire Ted Danson now for wearing blackface in 1993?
Is Hollywood going to blackball Robert Downey Jr. for wearing blackface in Tropic Thunder?

Surely Jimmy Kimmel will be fired by ABC for wearing blackface and making fun of Karl Malone.

These are all 10x more offensive than Megyn Kelly just mentioning that dressing up as Diana Ross for Halloween in the 80s was no big deal.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,872,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Is NBC going to fire Ted Danson now for wearing blackface in 1993?
Is Hollywood going to blackball Robert Downey Jr. for wearing blackface in Tropic Thunder?

Surely Jimmy Kimmel will be fired by ABC for wearing blackface and making fun of Karl Malone.

These are all 10x more offensive than Megyn Kelly just mentioning that dressing up as Diana Ross for Halloween in the 80s was no big deal.
Ted Danson, wasn't that 25 years ago? If NBC didn't know about that stunt, they are fools for not Googling him and finding out about the infamous Friar's Club Roast.
Robert Downey Jr. in Tropical Thunder was a mockery of the blackface use in movies. If any casting director has a problem with the role he played, they could easily have not offered any deal to him since that movie.
ABC knew who Jimmy Kimmel was and likely knew bits from The Man Show. Hell, he has Cousin Sal do toned down things he did on The Man Show.
All these knew what they were doing when they signed them as did NBC with signing Kelly to her deal that now they will have to write off. Her War on Christmas segments are fairly known and are both satirized.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:42 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,697,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That seems like a personal attack but I'm not so sensitive as some. Likewise it's clear to me you are arguing that whites are morally inferior to blacks. I'm arguing that whites should not be anyone else's scapegoat and others need to take personal responsibility for themselves.
There is no moral superiority. Whites have oppressed whites, blacks have oppressed blacks, all with consequences to the oppressed. It's what humans do, unfortunately, from time to time. However, in America, whites oppressed blacks. We all oppressed so there is no moral separation. Whites, however, innovated and made it racial and hence the effect/consequence is/was racial and that is why there exist persistent socioeconomic racial inequality in America.

If blacks were proportionately slave masters and whites proportionately slaves in America there would be no socioeconomic difference of significance between the races today, due to no group being racially oppressed more than the other in degree or kind. If you don’t believe that then again....you are saying the light is on.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-28-2018 at 01:50 AM..

Old 10-28-2018, 07:28 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,344,709 times
This shows what a liar Megyn is:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna925101

Old 10-28-2018, 07:57 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,362,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Her parents must have really sucked not to have taught her about racism.
Funny how liberals don't think it's racist when THEY do it. Of course that's typical of the hypocritical left.
Jimmy Kimmels parents must have really sucked not to have taught him about racism. Sarah Silvermans parents must have really sucked not to have taught her about racism. Jimmy Fallons parents must have really sucked not to have taught him about racism. Of course when a liberal does it the left thinks it's funny and pays them more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.