Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Megyn Kelly keep her show?
Yes 162 66.67%
No 81 33.33%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 08:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You are entitled to feel however you want, but your unreasonable feelings should not dictate what others can say, do and what they meant. I would suggest you are too wrapped up in all things related to and beneficial to your race. I honestly don't see how your mentality and motivation and intolerance of those that differ is any different in principle to a white supremacist's or neo-Nazi's.
How many times must this be repeated?

Megyn Kelly was fired because NBC was paying her a FORTUNE and definitely weren't getting their money's worth in terms of ratings.

Her hosting a softball 'talk show" at 9am was bound to be a complete disaster.

A news show - perhaps.

Megyn's star is falling. Perhaps she can join The View.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:55 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,519,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1 View Post
why is "black face" so socially unacceptable? Should italians be offended by the stereotypical pizza chef picture on the pizza box? How about the guy with the sombrero at the mexican restaurant? Where does it end?
+1

Old 10-28-2018, 12:03 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Scott Adams is always the voice of common sense and reason. He asked if it is fair to fire someone who didn't know she said anything offensive? If she knew it was offensive why would she say it in the first place?

Old 10-28-2018, 01:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
There is no moral superiority. Whites have oppressed whites, blacks have oppressed blacks, all with consequences to the oppressed. It's what humans do, unfortunately, from time to time. However, in America, whites oppressed blacks. We all oppressed so there is no moral separation. Whites, however, innovated and made it racial and hence the effect/consequence is/was racial and that is why there exist persistent socioeconomic racial inequality in America.

If blacks were proportionately slave masters and whites proportionately slaves in America there would be no socioeconomic difference of significance between the races today, due to no group being racially oppressed more than the other in degree or kind. If you don’t believe that then again....you are saying the light is on.
And there it is, whites were the ones more morally inferior. No.

As to your second paragraph that's just fantasy. American blacks are all ready and many cases always had done better than their people in Africa.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How many times must this be repeated?

Megyn Kelly was fired because NBC was paying her a FORTUNE and definitely weren't getting their money's worth in terms of ratings.

Her hosting a softball 'talk show" at 9am was bound to be a complete disaster.

A news show - perhaps.

Megyn's star is falling. Perhaps she can join The View.
How many times does it need to be repeated. Because that was not the reason given for her firing. PCism was, and that's all that matters.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:04 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
And there it is, whites were the ones more morally inferior. No.

As to your second paragraph that's just fantasy. American blacks are all ready and many cases always had done better than their people in Africa.

You assume that whites were morally inferior, not me. Doing something first/last does not mean you are superior or inferior unless you know you are competing with each other, and then it might not either. The fact that Europe achieved certain technological advancement before Africa, does not, in my mind, mean that Europeans are intellectually superior to Africans. You probably think doing something first means superiority if its something good and inferiority if its something bad. I don't think that way. You probably are just projecting from your mindset of First = superior if first to do something good. First = inferior if first to do something bad.

I fundamentally believe in the equality of the races. This is why I conclude that if we are in different socioeconomic conditions in America, it had to be the result of experiencing something different in degree and or kind than others with the same length of history in America. Its obvious that blacks faced a distinction with a difference, due to slavery and racism, than whites collectively did. Cause and effect. If one assumes we are all innately equal, then if we have the same experiences in degree and kind, we end up with the same outcomes. The only way we do not end up with essentially the same outcomes is if 1.) we are not inherently equal or 2.) We did not have the same experiences. I assume the former while you assume the latter.

In regards to Africa, African immigrants have the highest educational attainment of any immigrant group and do a lot better socioeconomically than African Americans. That is because their culture is intact and their minds have not been as warped by living so closely under white supremacy as a doctrine in a majority white nation.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-28-2018 at 02:16 PM..

Old 10-28-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You assume that whites were morally inferior, not me. Doing something first/last does not mean you are superior or inferior unless you know you are competing with each other, and then it might not either. The fact that Europe achieved certain technological advancement before Africa, does not, in my mind, mean that Europeans are intellectually superior to Africans. You probably think doing something first means superiority if its something good and inferiority if its something bad. I don't think that way. You probably are just projecting from your mindset of First = superior if first to do something good. First = inferior if first to do something bad.

I fundamentally believe in the equality of the races. This is why I conclude that if we are in different socioeconomic conditions in America, it had to be the result of experiencing something different in degree and or kind than others with the same length of history in America. Its obvious that blacks faced a distinction with a difference, due to slavery and racism, than whites collectively did. Cause and effect. If one assumes we are all innately equal, then if we have the same experiences in degree and kind, we end up with the same outcomes. The only way we do not end up with essentially the same outcomes is if 1.) we are not inherently equal or 2.) We did not have the same experiences. I assume the former while you assume the latter.

In regards to Africa, African immigrants have the highest educational attainment of any immigrant group and do a lot better socioeconomically than African Americans. That is because their culture is intact and their minds have not been as warped by living so closely under white supremacy as a doctrine in a majority white nation.
Yes you are engaging in double speak and scapegoating. Everyone else in Africa and Eurasian were just as situated or better situated for advancement than the Europeans were. It's not about being "first". It's about being the people who did the given advancement period, laid down most of the groundwork, create many of the principles, that some others borrowed, copied and stole, and others weren't able or willing to even imitate.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:34 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
History shows how racist and bigoted Blackface is. Anyone can say "it isn't racist" but history proves otherwise. The Blackface minstrel shows were meant to depict Black people in demeaning, dehumanizing ways. It was meant to mock and show Blacks in some of the most ugly ways possible, at a time when Blacks were basically treated like 2nd class citizens. Given what history shows, there is no other way to see Blackface as anything other than racist.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
History shows how racist and bigoted Blackface is. Anyone can say "it isn't racist" but history proves otherwise. The Blackface minstrel shows were meant to depict Black people in demeaning, dehumanizing ways. It was meant to mock and show Blacks in some of the most ugly ways possible, at a time when Blacks were basically treated like 2nd class citizens. Given what history shows, there is no other way to see Blackface as anything other than racist.
It was also used for a white actor to stand in as a black character. It's just a caricature, satire and poking fun. Your making it out to be some intolerable thing just because you don't like it and your racial pride and interest and want it banned. Telling others what they can or cannot express satirically is treating them as 2nd class citizens.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:48 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
It was also used for a white actor to stand in as a black character. It's just a caricature, satire and poking fun. Your making it out to be some intolerable thing just because you don't like it and your racial pride and interest and want it banned. Telling others what they can or cannot express satirically is treating them as 2nd class citizens.
At the end of the day, it was used for dehumanizing Black people for entertainment purposes. I'm not here to debate an opinion. This is historical fact. This has nothing to do with racial pride. It has everything to do with right and wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies