Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 11:44 AM

16,576 posts, read 8,600,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
You've got to be kidding. You find unacceptable "You cannot be civil," but you have no problem with Trump's language?

I happen to love her use of "deplorable." It's exactly right. She didn't use vicious language like Trump. It was a very clear message that the behavior they were condoning - racism, misogyny, bullying, lying, fraud - are all behaviors that civilized people would reject, and anytime they woke up and came to their senses, they could stop being deplorable.

By the way, despite her comment, have you seen her being uncivil? Is she encouraging locking Trump up without the benefit of the rule of law? Has she made vulgar sexual remarks about him? Has she offered to pay the legal fees of anyone beating him up? Has she invited an enemy to hack his emails?

How nice that you're not holding Clinton responsible for 911 - since it didn't happen during his tenure. It was, however, duding Bush's tenure when that memo was ignored about a planned attack.
By this response, I can see you are a total partisan and frankly sound like a liberal koolaid drinker.
So lets start with the last first.
Yes, it is "nice" of me to not be so partisan as to blame Clinton, because heavily partisan people on the right do assess some or total blame on him.
Some of the reasons given is that Clinton did not take out Bin Laden when they had him located and could have hit him with a tomahawk missile.
Others point to how all the 9/11 hijackers were let into this country because of lax immigration enforcement and poor intel under his administration. Still others point to how all the unusual flight training happened on his watch.
I think such things are generally misguided, because while those things are true, Clinton never intended for his decisions to lead to a horrible attack on our country.

Yet we see the contrast in you, making it seem as if you believe Bush to be at fault.

Next, you try to defend Hillary calling half of the country (or at least Trump supporters) deplorable. You act as if she had some genuine knowledge that all those tens of millions of people were automatically ____ists, and _______phobes.
The irony of course is if you look at her past history, she would fit into some of those very categories by today's liberal PC standards.

That is right, good old Hillary use to support the confederate flag, was proud to extol the virtues of Confederate soldiers and southern heritage. She was also against homo marriage and said on many an occasion only hetero marriage was acceptable.
Later she made things even worse by saying the deplorables were irredeemable.
This, as if they were worse than murderous criminals she thought were worthy of redemption if they turned their lives around.
Is she irredeemable, or does her views only apply to others, not her and her husband?
You just cannot make this stuff up, yet here you are parroting what she said as if you are oblivious to her hypocrisy, and would support her even in the face of historical reality.

Now as to Trumps comments vs. Hillary's, I never made any such comparison, and instead struck a tone of how both sides needed to be civil toward each other.
Trump is a crass, brash New Yorker which is not everyone's cup of tea.
Frankly, I do not care for the way he puts things on occasion either, but that hardly means being more crude and rude excuses Hillary for her comments.
Saying you cannot be civil towards people with whom you disagree with is the antithesis of our values we hold dear in this country.
Another irony is that old school liberals could be admired for their belief in Voltaire's views of civil discourse, rather than modern day leftists who worship at the alter of PC, and want to silence anyone who does not agree with them.

As to the people chanting "lock her up" comments, you cannot honestly believe Hillary didn't commit multiple felonies while SoS, right?

I could go one, but unless you want to join me on the high road (rather than try to justify and make excuses for this new leftist trend of being uncivil toward people who tihnk differently), your view will be judged to be un-American, not mine.

`

Old 10-26-2018, 12:17 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Is there any point to your post? Hillary's statement, saying correctly that it's pointless to be civil to people who are so maniacally uncivil themselves, was reasonable. You're apparently trying to pervert it into a proposal for violence, which it was not.

And your delusional, callous obstinacy is rather scary.
No..just...no.

Hillary was just pointing out what WE ALL KNOW...Liberals will always be violently "uncivil" if they dont get their way..its proven time and again, over and over again.

The whole top brass of the DNC have absolutely no right to complain about the results of their words

Old 10-26-2018, 12:18 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Hillary, Eric Holder, BLM, and Antifa. All calling for incivility and violence. Democrat MOBS.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:10 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Saying words is one thing, but acting on them, especially if said by a member of the opposing party, is another. Talk tends truly be cheap without acting on it.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:19 PM

21,925 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
I don't think she was "demanding." She was declaring her own opinion.

As to her being an average nobody, she graduated from a Seven Sisters school and Yale Law, worked on the Watergate hearings, worked for a major law firm, was a U. S. Senator, was Secretary of State, and has repeatedly topped lists of most-admired. You may be a very fine fellow yourself, but I doubt you can match that. And I don't think you can claim that people are "fed up" with her, considering that 60,000,00 people voted for her.

I'm also sorry that you buy into the warped Trump idea of winning being the only worthwhile thing. I was suing today about how many people have made important contributions, without ever having been lionized - in some cases without even being recognized.

By the way, as to "no reason" to "lash out" - how many people do you know, as a comparison, who have been subjected to unending insults from a president, particularly by encouraging chants for tossing her in jail without regard to the rule of law? I can see where that might make someone testy.
You would have never heard her name if she weren't married to Bill. Ironic, since she presents herself as some big women's advocate. The only thing Hillary advocates for is Hillary.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:22 PM

21,925 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
By this response, I can see you are a total partisan and frankly sound like a liberal koolaid drinker.
So lets start with the last first.
Yes, it is "nice" of me to not be so partisan as to blame Clinton, because heavily partisan people on the right do assess some or total blame on him.
Some of the reasons given is that Clinton did not take out Bin Laden when they had him located and could have hit him with a tomahawk missile.
Others point to how all the 9/11 hijackers were let into this country because of lax immigration enforcement and poor intel under his administration. Still others point to how all the unusual flight training happened on his watch.
I think such things are generally misguided, because while those things are true, Clinton never intended for his decisions to lead to a horrible attack on our country.

Yet we see the contrast in you, making it seem as if you believe Bush to be at fault.

Next, you try to defend Hillary calling half of the country (or at least Trump supporters) deplorable. You act as if she had some genuine knowledge that all those tens of millions of people were automatically ____ists, and _______phobes.
The irony of course is if you look at her past history, she would fit into some of those very categories by today's liberal PC standards.

That is right, good old Hillary use to support the confederate flag, was proud to extol the virtues of Confederate soldiers and southern heritage. She was also against homo marriage and said on many an occasion only hetero marriage was acceptable.
Later she made things even worse by saying the deplorables were irredeemable.
This, as if they were worse than murderous criminals she thought were worthy of redemption if they turned their lives around.
Is she irredeemable, or does her views only apply to others, not her and her husband?
You just cannot make this stuff up, yet here you are parroting what she said as if you are oblivious to her hypocrisy, and would support her even in the face of historical reality.

Now as to Trumps comments vs. Hillary's, I never made any such comparison, and instead struck a tone of how both sides needed to be civil toward each other.
Trump is a crass, brash New Yorker which is not everyone's cup of tea.
Frankly, I do not care for the way he puts things on occasion either, but that hardly means being more crude and rude excuses Hillary for her comments.
Saying you cannot be civil towards people with whom you disagree with is the antithesis of our values we hold dear in this country.
Another irony is that old school liberals could be admired for their belief in Voltaire's views of civil discourse, rather than modern day leftists who worship at the alter of PC, and want to silence anyone who does not agree with them.

As to the people chanting "lock her up" comments, you cannot honestly believe Hillary didn't commit multiple felonies while SoS, right?

I could go one, but unless you want to join me on the high road (rather than try to justify and make excuses for this new leftist trend of being uncivil toward people who tihnk differently), your view will be judged to be un-American, not mine.

`
Great post!

Old 10-26-2018, 01:22 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
Hilly, is an eloquently tailored empty pantsuit. No resume, no accomplishments, no experience, no original ideas, no understanding of how the economy works, no understanding of how the world works, no common sense, nothing but abstract, empty rhetoric devoid of real substance.

Hilly and her wife Bill view their life at our expense as an entitlement.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:26 PM

16,576 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hillary, Eric Holder, BLM, and Antifa. All calling for incivility and violence. Democrat MOBS.
Not only calling for it, but also engaging in it. Hillary had forums with BLM despite their radical agenda, but of course most in the MSM didn't make a big deal out of it. Then again they didn't publish meetings between Obama & the "Nation of Islam" either.

The point being that the left has organizations creating physical mayhem on almost a weekly basis, where as on the right you might have a few kooks who come out.
Still, you do not have Republicans saying be uncivil, confront them or kick them like with Hillary, Waters or Holder.

`

Old 10-26-2018, 01:26 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No..just...no.

Hillary was just pointing out what WE ALL KNOW...Liberals will always be violently "uncivil" if they dont get their way..its proven time and again, over and over again.
When someone is a threat to your freedom and life, you better expect violence. Ask the NRA.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:28 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,643 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Dont forget loretta lynch calling for blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies