Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 04:35 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times

Advertisements

George W. Bush had a reputation for floundering inarticulately, sometimes mangling words (although, in comparison with Trump, Bush now seems like a good speaker). Some journalist studied GWB and commented that although he was indeed floundering on ordinary mundane subjects, when he spoke aggressively about war, he was suddenly fluent.

Trump, I've noticed, speaks very stiffly in a fairly quiet, mechanical sing-song when he's obliged to read someone else's words (bigger words than he normally uses, like "despicable") and sound sane and "presidential." Like when he's forced to speak out against the Khashoggi murder, or even about pursuing the mail bomber. But when he's spinning his own wild fantasies, boasting, insulting people, then he's sudden very upbeat, with more inflection, though back to his own limited vocabulary.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:41 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
I have noticed the same. When he reads someone else's words he sounds very wooden as opposed to when he speaks at his rallies. That is the easiest way to tell if the speech is his or someone else's.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:47 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Want a bigger change? Go watch him talk a long time ago. Suddenly he is incredibly articulate. The difference is just insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI-GIVlC9CU

Old 10-26-2018, 04:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Sociopaths who kill with impunity (Trump, Obama, Hillary, Bush, Clinton, Ford, Carter, Nixon) are a shifty bunch.

Oh, I'm sorry. You wanted me to pick a team instead of a principle?

Game over for me.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:50 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
George W. Bush had a reputation for floundering inarticulately, sometimes mangling words (although, in comparison with Trump, Bush now seems like a good speaker). Some journalist studied GWB and commented that although he was indeed floundering on ordinary mundane subjects, when he spoke aggressively about war, he was suddenly fluent.

Trump, I've noticed, speaks very stiffly in a fairly quiet, mechanical sing-song when he's obliged to read someone else's words (bigger words than he normally uses, like "despicable") and sound sane and "presidential." Like when he's forced to speak out against the Khashoggi murder, or even about pursuing the mail bomber. But when he's spinning his own wild fantasies, boasting, insulting people, then he's sudden very upbeat, with more inflection, though back to his own limited vocabulary.
You pointed out the reason why... his words vs other people's words. When it comes to showing empathy or decency he has to act, hence why it sounds wooden. Being vulgar and nasty is what comes naturally to him.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:57 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Want a bigger change? Go watch him talk a long time ago. Suddenly he is incredibly articulate. The difference is just insane.
Yes, this is why many people think he's in the early stages of dementia.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:15 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Omg just stop already.

Everyone here gets it...you don't like him but don't just make up stuff to start a thread.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:20 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
I am kind of thinking the same about you and your obsession with Trump.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:24 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:

It would have been easier if you had simply said "I hate Trump for everything, no matter what". That's another minute wasted that I'll never get back.

BTW, your conceit is showing, you might want to tuck that in before you go out in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sociopaths who kill with impunity (Trump, Obama, Hillary, Bush, Clinton, Ford, Carter, Nixon) are a shifty bunch.

Oh, I'm sorry. You wanted me to pick a team instead of a principle?

Game over for me.

Thanks for leaving Reagan out of it. The only President NOT to have a war in his two terms.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:25 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
If you want to see dementia --look at that colossal ditz Commissar Pelosi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lprtS0XCj20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies