Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 12:40 AM

2,486 posts, read 826,204 times

Advertisements

It wasn't until 1830 that England abolished slavery.

In 1790 there were ZERO slaves in 13 states and territories.

When Did Slavery Really End in the North? — Civil Discourse

Is there another country on earth that has had a civil war, that sacrificed 5% of their population (mostly whites) to free enslaved black people?

I know of none and I am proud of this country.

Though my US roots didn't begin until the early 1800s (I have black, Hispanic, and native ancestors) I feel like this very special country actually led the way for the rest of the world to stop slavery.

I only wish African nations would stop, as they still have a robust slave trade.

People need to stop blaming people that had nothing to do with the plight of their ancestors. If you hate a person or group of people for the color of their skin then YOU are a racist. Sorry my brothas, if you hate whites you are a racist.

ME, I'm colorblind when it comes to skin color. It's a peaceful place to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies