Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 08:19 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,115,217 times

Advertisements

Now I don't think what I seek is all that much.

A. mutual attraction.
B. common interests and worldview.

c. Faithfulness (in behavior and deed)
D. non-materialistic.
E. seeking life long monogamy.
F. no kids at home.

6 things out of 100's of possible types and criteria etc etc.

I have found women with a few of those traits, I have met a few with all of those traits(sadly they arent in the dating pool because they are usually happily married.).

The only women who seem to contact me on OLD sites and apps who are seeking the same type of LTR as me are ones with a built in roadblock to having said relationship, such as demanding job(hardly ever around no time for a relationship anyway), young kids at home or one that is becoming way to common they live hours away out in BFE.

Meanwhile when I drag myself out to try and meet someone in real life I meet otherwise wonderful women I click with and lives conducive to being in a relationship(no kids or grown kids long moved out no demanding job, no real responsibilities, etc etc), but the problem is they have no interest in being in one, yes they want to hang out with me, they are even willing to have sex go on multiple dates etc etc... but they have no interest in being exclusive.

It's very depressing as it tells me I'm good enough to "hang out" with or be an FWB, but not viewed as good enough to be a one and only.

And most of the advice I get is well meaning ways of saying "through money at the problem".
Such as finding a higher paying job, join activities you enjoy etc etc...
Well most activities I enjoy turn out to be sausage fests when I show up.

Well I don't want to change jobs mine is stress free and most jobs that I've made more money at were full of stress and made me miserable 5-6 days a week. If I met the right woman today with the rest of my life as is I would be a pleasure to be around if I met the right woman and I had a stressful but high paying job or heaven forbid ......career. I would still be stressed.

I feel like I have no good options. I feel like a romantic living in a world that killed romance.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:36 PM

399 posts, read 220,299 times
Not sure how old you are or what kind of city/town you live in

But I don't think they're impossible to find

Old 10-26-2018, 08:53 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,352,044 times
Quote:
Adventures in unicorn hunting (or the downside of seeking the rare)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Now I don't think what I seek is all that much.

A. mutual attraction.
B. common interests and worldview.

c. Faithfulness (in behavior and deed)
D. non-materialistic.
E. seeking life long monogamy.
F. no kids at home.

6 things out of 100's of possible types and criteria etc etc.
These two statements don't follow. There's a significant conflict. If you what you list as criteria translate to desiring a "unicorn" or, to borrow from the job recruiting industry, purple squirrel, then it is seeking "that much" in the sense that what those things are, how they're defined and how all of that comes together, can be challenging to find.

[...]

You have a specific type. You've expressed it in great detail many times before. It isn't "just" wanting "six" things. It's wanting six things the way you want and how you define it and how it fits into your life.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:00 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,636,835 times
So how is that working out for you?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-27-2018, 12:06 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,608,099 times
Quote:
I feel like a romantic living in a world that killed romance.

Me too.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:36 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,290,577 times
If you're looking for women like in your homemade videos, yeah, they're definitely unicorns.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
If you ever do find a unicorn, be sure not to play leapfrog.

I'd like to BE a unicorn so I can stab people with my head.

Old 10-27-2018, 02:12 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,290,577 times
Quote:
it was a test vid for dances I programed. and a character I made.
That must have took a good amount of time to create? Whats your characters name?

Old 10-27-2018, 02:13 AM

Quote:
it was a test vid for dances I programed. and a character I made.

Stop

Old 10-27-2018, 02:30 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,115,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
That must have took a good amount of time to create? Whats your characters name?

Vetra, I based her on a real person, a woman I was dating when I was 15. I met her at sam-goody back in 85 she was an assistant manager there. aaaahhhh memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.