Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 08:51 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
That's not what "trans rights" are though. The "right" in question isn't the negative right of being left alone, tolerated, etc. It's the positive "you must agree with my mental illness and feed my delusion" thing.

The X or Y chromosome determine gender. That's a fact. Surgical mutilation of the genitals does not change that DNA determination, nor does hormone therapy, nor does plastic surgery, clothing and cosmetics. All that any/all of those things do is feed a delusion.

It's like someone saying they are Santa Claus, and if they actually become fat and dye their hair and beard white, along with putting on the suit...then we must agree that they are indeed Santa Claus. They must be given certain privileges based on being Father Christmas, king of the Elves. IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING.

Caitlyn Jenner is a guy. Name change, makeup, hormones and women's clothes have not changed the DNA gender determination. Caitlyn is a dude. Now I could care less that Caitlyn wants to be identified as a woman, I don't care if businesses want to provide unisex bathrooms for people like Caitlyn, and I am fine with Caitlyn playing dress up and acting like a woman. But I will never, ever agree that Caitlyn is anything other than a man play acting as a woman. Caitlyn has no "right" to make me agree to that which is not true nor to make me act in a manner that gives the impression that I agree.

That's what the "movement" is fighting for though. Not tolerance, not acceptance, but forced agreement that Not A = A.
this sums it up near perfection. +1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 08:54 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Not surprised that Trump is doing all he can to crack down on trans rights.

Donald Trump, much like his supporters, does not care for people who do not look and act like him. They are unable to accept others living their lives however they want.
Once again, your not very neutral.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:24 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
For the most part what Trump has implied is nothing but fodder to appease the evangelicals. Other then the Military or a Public School mandated bathroom policy transgenders never had protections in the first place. Really can't strip away much of what they never had.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:46 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
He chose entertainment over science. Kind of like Al Gore.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:48 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Not surprised that Trump is doing all he can to crack down on trans rights.

Donald Trump, much like his supporters, does not care for people who do not look and act like him. They are unable to accept others living their lives however they want.
Explain why they need rights unique to other tax paying Americans.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:56 PM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Still trying to figure out exactly what rights they are no longer entitled to...

Old 10-30-2018, 06:58 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
If he is blasting anyone, it should be Obama.

President Obama reminded me of the guy who has everything looking good while he is there but then it falls apart after he leaves.

He put those "rights" in place while he was in office but he should have known that if the next person wasn't of his thinking, out the window they would go.

President Obama should have gotten in front of the people and said, "Now, LOOK, this will be in effect only while people like me are President. I call on all Americans to write Congress so this is made into law."

But he didn't and here we are.

Remember the 80's (right?) song "Don't Mean Nothing", these lines?

"........
Lots of promises in the dark
But don't you open your heart
Cause it don't mean nothin'
The words that they say
Don't mean nothin'
These games that people play
No, it don't mean nothin'
No victim, no crime
It don't mean nothin'
Till you sign it on the dotted line......."

Old 10-30-2018, 07:21 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Dr. Phil is so smarmy and pretentious but I guess even people like him are right every once in awhile.

For those who are still asking "what rights" after all these months, Google is your friend. Start with "transgender military ban" and go from there.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:28 AM

956 posts, read 745,254 times
No such thing as a trans. Either male or female.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:44 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Dr. Phil is so smarmy and pretentious but I guess even people like him are right every once in awhile.

For those who are still asking "what rights" after all these months, Google is your friend. Start with "transgender military ban" and go from there.
The military has always had medical disqualifying standards for mental health issues. Transgenderism is a mental condition that should simply be part of that list. Where the government has messed up is in their sugar coating of that simple fact and using some absurd "readiness" spiel that is easily lawyered out of a courtroom.

The military has higher employment standards than the private sector or even general government work. They should. People with mood disorders who take anti-depressants are like dime a dozen in most private companies and non-military government work, but the military says nay no to them for enlistment or commission. Same thing with transgenderism. Plenty of people with that condition working in the private sector and non-military government, but the military has different standards....AND THEY SHOULD.

And joining the military isn't a right. It's an employment contract made between two parties, pursuant to the needs/wishes of both both parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies