Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 11:09 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No social media post, has ever killed anyone.
And what percentage of crimes involved murder?

Moot point.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:18 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Funny thing is the site, Russia Today, is a Right-leaning site, according to Wikipedia.
It's not the "funny thing" unless you have spent decades studying Russian propaganda techniques.

They are quite sophisticated and definitely capable of catching a lot of Americans in their snares. For example, one they have used for many decades is their claiming to be the "peace loving people and government" even as they murdered untold of their own countrymen in Chechnya and elsewhere. Stalin, part of the Putin Circle (his dad was Stalins cook) killed between 15 and 30 million Russians. Yet he was "Uncle Joe" and the number one leader to be looked up to.

I'm reading a book right now about a KGB agent who was tops in his field from about 1960 to 1985, when he defected. It's right out of the current playbook. They were in the UK and pushing the same "we are the peaceful ones" while building up their nukes to no end.

RT is owned and run by the Russian Government. Period. So is most all media in Russia. Obviously if their media said "We want to kill gays, hate blacks and wish to take over a good part of the world and make Russia Great Again" most Westerners wouldn't be quoting it.

That is the whole idea of propaganda.

I have a friend who just spent some time in Russia. He's older so they fed him the complete BS and he came back thinking they are the bees knees and everything is the fault of the West. Really!

You can say a lot of bad things about the USA, but show where our leaders - by decree - killed 10's of million of Americans in the recent times (1945 on) and I'm all ears.

One of these things is not like the other. Russia is a police state run by oligarchs who want it all....leaving nothing for the People. Anyone who is anyone left that stinkhole years ago.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:43 AM

937 posts, read 927,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Do all of these celebratory posts about the impending demise of Gab mean that if someone starts a thread about twitter and/or facebook censorship a few weeks from now that we won't see any of you lefties telling the complainants to just go and form their own social media platform if they don't like it?
...I mean... You can try...

Old 10-29-2018, 11:59 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, and this incident is illustrative. If boycotts by the powerful are permitted, it is impossible for competitors to exist. You're rooting for totalitarianism.
Isnt that happening already?? By 2050 only 10 or so companies would exist controlling all technologies.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:48 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's not the "funny thing" unless you have spent decades studying Russian propaganda techniques.

They are quite sophisticated and definitely capable of catching a lot of Americans in their snares.
yep...especially Democrats.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:05 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
....People died.

You're referring to it as a "false flag" (which, I should add, is horrible nomenclature).

Good riddance to Gab in whatever BS came out of it.
People have been gang-raped and murdered on Facebook and YouTube live streams ... and yet somehow these evil sites remain online. People are actively being radicalized right this second on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube ... and yet these sites remain online.

Will you join me in demanding the immediate takedown of these evil sites that are spewing so much bigotry and hate??

Old 10-29-2018, 03:09 PM

391 posts, read 158,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
....People died.

You're referring to it as a "false flag" (which, I should add, is horrible nomenclature).

Good riddance to Gab in whatever BS came out of it.
So another one for censorship.....how shocking.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Every time white Christians are shot up will any and every website with anti-Christian rhetoric be shut down or are they just second class citizens?

Old 10-29-2018, 03:32 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
So another one for censorship.....how shocking.
It's not terribly surprising. When the Right was enthusiastically in favor of censorship in the 80's and 90's, the Left was hugely in favor of Free Speech. But politics is a team sport. When suppression of human rights and abusing people seems to be working in their favor, they're all for it.

It is quite interesting how quickly people tend to abandon their supposed principals when partisan politics enters the equation. This is why I'm always saying, partisan politics makes you stupid. Somebody else told them what to think and let any core principals be damned. Happens on both sides and it's disgusting.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:33 PM

391 posts, read 158,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It's not terribly surprising. When the Right was enthusiastically in favor of censorship in the 80's and 90's, the Left was hugely in favor of Free Speech. But politics is a team sport. When suppression of human rights and abusing people seems to be working in their favor, they're all for it.

It is quite interesting how quickly people tend to abandon their supposed principals when partisan politics enters the equations. This is why I'm always saying, partisan politics makes you stupid. Somebody else told them what to think and let any core principals be damned. Happens on both sides and it's disgusting.
What was the right for censorship in the 80's and 90's for? I was born in 84 so I don't remember this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies