Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 08:55 AM

88,730 posts, read 44,535,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They ran with open arms to the party of the KKK and Jim Crow....
That's rational.
Some people are wearing blinders they themselves have chosen. It's completely senseless, but it's their choice. /shrug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 09:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,778,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Thanks to Trump.

LOL - so we've turned around totally in less than 2 years....

You are sooooo proving what I said above lol

Old 11-02-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
They ran with open arms to the party of the KKK and Jim Crow....
That's rational.

So you think black people are irrational versus whites...?

Guess what that means!!

Both of you are showing your true colors.

And both parties have always had KKK members and endorsed Jim Crow historically - that is why to black people - racism is a political issue. It knows no particular party. There are still racist Democrats who want Jim Crow, but there are more racist Republicans who explicitly state they are and who actively support organizations who'd like to see a more Jim Crow-esque sort of society.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:15 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Guess what that means!!

And both parties have always had KKK members and endorsed Jim Crow historically - that is why to black people - racism is a political issue. It knows no particular party. There are still racist Democrats who want Jim Crow, but there are more racist Republicans who explicitly state they are and who actively support organizations who'd like to see a more Jim Crow-esque sort of society.

I didn't compare anything.... You just did.

So, them running with open arms to the party of the KKK and Jim Crow as you indicated, is rational?
Or did you not think that BS, all the way through?

You tell me, Mr. "I'll have those (n-word) voting Democrat for 200 years".
LBJ had to get MLK out of the picture.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I didn't compare anything.... You just did.

So, them running with open arms to the party of the KKK and Jim Crow as you indicated, is rational?
Or did you not think that BS, all the way through?

You tell me, Mr. "I'll have those (n-word) voting Democrat for 200 years".
LBJ had to get MLK out of the picture.

FYI - black people started voting Democrat because black people ran as Democrats for political office. Everything we do doesn't have anything to do with you white folks lol.

I know you think it does cause you view yourself and whites as some sort of gods we want to emulate, follow, be like (whatever in your skewed funny mind) but black people started voting for Dems because of black Dems.

As I noted to you earlier, if more black people run under the GOP (which black people voted for the GOP in the past because black people ran as Republicans) then you'll get more black voters. We just trust black politicians more than a party full of white politicians.

And the KKK today (and nazi and alt-righters and skinheads) are mostly Republicans and conservatives....

Old 11-02-2018, 02:27 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,361,808 times
Quote:

Guess what that means!!

The bolded is an absolute lie and distortion of history. The KKK has always been the militant wing of the Democrat Party. I welcome you to post evidence to the contrary.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The bolded is an absolute lie and distortion of history. The KKK has always been the militant wing of the Democrat Party. I welcome you to post evidence to the contrary.

The KKK was very active in the Midwest, where I'm from. It was more active in Indiana for a while than down south and they were Republicans back then and today.

You should broaden your self-educational literature material outside of conservative blogs and videos.

Racism is not dependent on party. There are still racist democrats today. They just are not as vocal as the GOP racists. And today the skinheads, KKK, Alt-Right, etc. - they support the GOP and Trump.

So if us black people were so stupid that we run towards the KKK, we'd all be majority Republican right now

Old 11-02-2018, 02:46 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,361,808 times
Quote:
The KKK was very active in the Midwest, where I'm from. It was more active in Indiana for a while than down south and they were Republicans back then and today.

You should broaden your self-educational literature material outside of conservative blogs and videos.

Racism is not dependent on party. There are still racist democrats today. They just are not as vocal as the GOP racists. And today the skinheads, KKK, Alt-Right, etc. - they support the GOP and Trump.

So if us black people were so stupid that we run towards the KKK, we'd all be majority Republican right now
First of all, I made no reference to anyone running anywhere, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread. Second, no, the Republican Party has never been a hotbed of KKK activity, with almost all membership coming from Democrats.

You are the one, who needs to self-educate, as your talking points are simply not true.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:53 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,769,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
AA's are rather conservative in many areas. Most AA's are religious, anti abortion, anti homosexuality, and pro entrepreneurship. If it wasn't for the perpetual race hucksters selling the "rich old white man is evil" narrative, they would likely extend beyond the realm of monolithic one-issue voters. Kanye is trying to buck that mind frame held by so many of his race.

Smart AA's also know what will happen if the party of open borders gets their way. This has a very serious potential of hurting the AA community, and will deliver a nasty blow to their employment numbers. All the hard work Trump has done to help their community will go to waste if liberals have their way. Liberals pay no mind to a people that are a sure thing at the voting booth.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
First of all, I made no reference to anyone running anywhere, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread. Second, no, the Republican Party has never been a hotbed of KKK activity, with almost all membership coming from Democrats.

You are the one, who needs to self-educate, as your talking points are simply not true.

Where was the KKK active during he 20th century the most - after the release of the racist film "Birth of a Nation,"

Also, look up "Red Summer of 1919" and tell me that only racist KKK types of white people were Democrats.

Note, I specifically stated both parties are racist. I am not a member or full supporter of either - but the GOP is the most racist today. The Democrats were the most racist in the past. In the past black people supporter the GOP because it was the least racist. Today black Americans mostly support the Democratic party because it is the least racist.

Both are still racist so not sure why you think this is the case. You want to feel good with some candy or something lol - both parties are racist.

And guess what - you can't blame my view on a plantation either lol. I don't have talking points. I base my POV on reading historical and sociological texts written primarily by black historians/psychologists/sociologists. There is over 100 years worth of evidence via black literature/research that shows black people (who read) that both parties have a history of racism. Both parties also have present racism. You may want to deny it but if so, you live in a la-la land.

Have a good weekend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies