Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 01:09 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,326,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I have seen first hand how pot has ruined lives of young people.
But what happens is that prohibition ruins many, many more lives.

There are ways to approach the problem that do not involve prohibition. They work. For the most part, the rest of the world is waiting for us, the US, to pull our head out and reform our corruption based drug laws, ESPECIALLY as it relates to cannabis.

Check out kids in The Netherlands, where it has been de facto decriminalized for decades. Their kids don't have the drug problems our kids do, and neither do the adults.

Just sayin'.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:11 PM

2,448 posts, read 888,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
“Misbehavior”
Sounds like someone that just wants to control folks..
God forbid someone has a smoke on their day off..
What!?!?! Control over people???? The horror!!!!! Everyone knows that as sovereign beings, there should ideally be no control over people by others!!!!! My rights! My rights!! My rights!!! You're not the boss of me! You can't tell me what to do!! I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue just to show you!!!

Old 10-28-2018, 01:12 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,096,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Addiction is like hunger. There are two types: physical and emotional. Experts can only study physical. People sometimes eat without feeling hunger pains because they are emotionally hungry.

In the same way, addicts can be emotionally addicted to the drug of choice without being physically addicted.

Again, addicts will lie, cheat, steal, whatever it takes to get their next fix. Emotional addiction is just as potent as physical.
https://youtu.be/ao8L-0nSYzg

3,129 posts, read 1,326,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
What!?!?! Control over people???? The horror!!!!! Everyone knows that as sovereign beings, there should ideally be no control over people by others!!!!! My rights! My rights!! My rights!!! You're not the boss of me! You can't tell me what to do!! I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue just to show you!!!
You sound about as mature as your students...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
But what happens is that prohibition ruins many, many more lives.

There are ways to approach the problem that do not involve prohibition. They work. For the most part, the rest of the world is waiting for us, the US, to pull our head out and reform our corruption based drug laws, ESPECIALLY as it relates to cannabis.

Check out kids in The Netherlands, where it has been de facto decriminalized for decades. Their kids don't have the drug problems our kids do, and neither do the adults.

Just sayin'.
Wait, you're alleging a causal connection between legalization and fewer "drug problems?" Please describe how precisely the independent variable in this case results in the dependent variable.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,484,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If you drink alcohol yet support the continuing prohibition of marijuana you are a hypocrite.
This.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
You sound about as mature as your students...
This hasn't gone particularly well for you again, has it?

Still waiting for an answer: with all the health benefits you and others claim from marijuana, why on earth wouldn't we want medically-administered use of marijuana for children and teens? Or is it harmful for kids but not adults?

Old 10-28-2018, 01:14 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,096,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Sry did I bust one of your fuses?

Old 10-28-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This.
I don't touch alcohol. Now what are you going to do? Beyond the particulars of this issue, there are some basic lessons here in debating that should be learned.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:17 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,636,835 times
People can abuse anything, including food, which is also an unhealthy action.

If alcohol and cigarettes are legal, than marijuana should be too. If you don't abuse it, I would consider marijuana less of a danger than Doritos. (most pot from dispensaries don't come with the munchies it is previously known for).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.