Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 09:10 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Here and now most democrats believe in all Americans right to own a gun
See what I mean chad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We don’t need some self appointed Rambo saving the day, I will stick with LE.
Just curious, how many departments do you know, participate in force on force active shooter training with the use of simunition rounds?
I do.
How many officers of those departments compete in 3 gun matches?
I do.
How many of those officers compete in IDPA matches?
I do.

So do alot of other fellow Americans who aren't law enforcement.
What? You think everyone just sits at a bench and picks soda cans off at 20 feet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 09:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
If I were the guard I'd just keep a short barreled and suppressed AR or AR pistol under a sport jacket. They conceal nicely under a sport coat.
Makes sense. None of the advantages of a pistol, nor a rifle. Perfect, hell, surprise people do not use this, lol.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:26 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
See what I mean chad?

Just curious, how many departments do you know, participate in force on force active shooter training with the use of simunition rounds?
I do.
How many officers of those departments compete in 3 gun matches?
I do.
How many of those officers compete in IDPA matches?
I do.

So do alot of other fellow Americans who aren't law enforcement.
What? You think everyone just sits at a bench and picks soda cans off at 20 feet?
So you are an expert because you participated in some training, how many real life events have you experienced. No amount of training prepares anyone for these pence in a lifetime events.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:33 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So you are an expert because you participated in some training, how many real life events have you experienced. No amount of training prepares anyone for these pence in a lifetime events.
Same could be said about many PDs too.
So what's that say. Police are human too, no amount of training will prepare them for a once in a lifetime event either. Right?

Old 10-28-2018, 09:51 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
The Pittsburgh shooter shot three cops as it is. What chance would have an armed guard have when the shooter is wearing a bullet proof vest and has an assault rifle, not to mention the element of surprise?

Since the police were not present when the shooting started, the only thing that could have limited the amount of time he had to shoot the unarmed and defenseless would have been and armed individual already present, like a security guard.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:59 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Since the police were not present when the shooting started, the only thing that could have limited the amount of time he had to shoot the unarmed and defenseless would have been and armed individual already present, like a security guard.
Sure, I would love an armed guard at my church, local theater, concert hall, at the mall... hey, don't just stop there, let's arm all our teachers with guns too because I know how well my kids will learn knowing their teachers are armed and dangerous! Oh wait, Trump already beat me to this bozo idea!

I would also love to see who wins in a battle between an unsuspecting armed guard with a measly handgun and a madmen intend on killing with his assault rifles. Gee, I wonder who would win THAT duel?

Old 10-28-2018, 10:04 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Oh, wow, yes, of course, we need to stop these things.

By all means, please provide us how to do so.
Oh silly of us to believe the current elected GOP would do anything after this has happened over and over again under their Congress.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:05 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The last place I want to see armed guards is at the door of my church, and, realistically, my congregation doesn't have money lying around to pay for it anyway, as I suspect is the case for most churches. We are there to worship God and to serve others, and that's where we choose to put our time, talent, and treasure.
Even in the good ole USA?

Old 10-28-2018, 10:12 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,009,848 times
For so called fiscal conservatives.. how do we afford this too? Is every building in America now going to have to hire 5 full time security guards? I thought you were all about individual freedoms yet now you think we need this. Watch trump and republicans make laws that require security guards all over and we force businesses to spend money on this OR spend our own tax dollars enabling this garbage

QUOTE=don1945;53489300]Ok, so let's play a little game. Let's appoint Roboteer head of "The commission to prevent future shootings at public places in America." So, now you have the full authority to do whatever is needed, what do you do ?

Do you put an armed guard in every church, school, daycare, movie theater, grocery store, drug store, post office, and company in the country ? How do you decide what targets need 24/7 protection and which do not ?

My point is, it is damn easy to sit back and play Monday Morning Quarterback when these things happen, but you could put a cop in every place you think you should protect, and some lunatic with a gun would still find a way to get in and do what he wants to do. And, if they can't use a gun, they drive a car or truck into a crowd and do it that way.

Bottom line, you can not be everywhere, all the time, America isn't an armed encampment. We are free to roam around, shop, worship, and go everywhere, and we simply can not protect everyone all the time.[/quote]

Old 10-28-2018, 10:20 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
For so called fiscal conservatives.. how do we afford this too? Is every building in America now going to have to hire 5 full time security guards? I thought you were all about individual freedoms yet now you think we need this. Watch trump and republicans make laws that require security guards all over and we force businesses to spend money on this OR spend our own tax dollars enabling this garbage

QUOTE=don1945;53489300]Ok, so let's play a little game. Let's appoint Roboteer head of "The commission to prevent future shootings at public places in America." So, now you have the full authority to do whatever is needed, what do you do ?

Do you put an armed guard in every church, school, daycare, movie theater, grocery store, drug store, post office, and company in the country ? How do you decide what targets need 24/7 protection and which do not ?

My point is, it is damn easy to sit back and play Monday Morning Quarterback when these things happen, but you could put a cop in every place you think you should protect, and some lunatic with a gun would still find a way to get in and do what he wants to do. And, if they can't use a gun, they drive a car or truck into a crowd and do it that way.

Bottom line, you can not be everywhere, all the time, America isn't an armed encampment. We are free to roam around, shop, worship, and go everywhere, and we simply can not protect everyone all the time.
[/quote]

Oh shucks, but i was so looking forward to going back to the good ole days of the Wild Wild West when I can wear my guns in public and shoot anyone who pisses me off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies