Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 12:27 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times

Advertisements

The mental gymnastics people use to keep trying to defend this piece of trash woman is amusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Assuming you are saying she looks "unstable" on her own time (i.e. not on the job), you think it is justifiable to be fired from your job
Can you imagine how many people would be fired if their random lives were monitored or recorded?
I dare say a large majority would be fired.
Would any of us have been able to keep a job if at one time or another we were caught acting foolish?
I don't know about you, but I would not want Big Brother to be able to monitor my behavior on my off time to determine whether I should be able to keep my job.

`
Actually, people are fired every day. It's part of life. Yes, if you're caught acting foolish your employer can legally fire you. Boo hoo.

And this woman's employer wasn't "monitoring" her behavior in her time off work, she was showing off in a video, she knew she was being recorded and she didn't care. The video was made public. I think it's funny that you feel sorry for her.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The thing is this, when do our jobs end when we are not at work, or do we represent our jobs 24-7 even when we are off of work in our free time. This is what needs to be asked. It makes no sense to fire someone for what they done off of work hours. People should only be fired for what they do on the job. .
That's just your opinion.

Yes, employers can fire people because most of the time, they are easily replaced. Look up "employment at will". It's legal for your employer to fire you for any reason, unless it's a form of discrimination (race, gender, religion, national origin, etc.)

If I were this woman's employer I would fire her because she's a huge liability to the business now that people know where she works. That will ultimately cost the business big money. Lost customers, lost revenues. Anyone with an ounce of business sense would know this.

And your employer would have no problem replacing you if they let you go, or if you quit.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:53 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Yes, employers can fire people because most of the time, they are easily replaced. Look up "employment at will". It's legal for your employer to fire you for any reason, unless it's a form of discrimination (race, gender, religion, national origin, etc.)

If I were this woman's employer I would fire her because she's a huge liability to the business now that people know where she works. That will ultimately cost the business big money. Lost customers, lost revenues. Anyone with an ounce of business sense would know this.

And your employer would have no problem replacing you if they let you go, or if you quit.
Discrimination stuff relates too on the job only. Not outside of the work place. She embarrassed herself. The mob will post negative reviews until they find their next target to berate.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:53 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
An obviously very drunk, obnoxious woman whose coworkers might be happy to see her gone. It is a new phenomenon to see people thousands of miles away from a random non event obsess over something like this. Perhaps this will be a wake up call and woman will get help for her drinking problem.

Some people are addicted to outrage. It’s a beautiful day. Hug your child. Take your dog for a walk. Get outside.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:54 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

They have before. I found a new job right after. Getting people fired does not do much to destroy racism, it just makes things worse due to no conflict/resolution. Time to make apology amends and move on.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:57 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
You never know what else has been happening in this woman's work life. She might have been on a PIP after her last review or have shown up at work drunk or high previously. Who knows? I'm sure Charter has ensured that it followed the letter of the law in dismissing her. It's not a fly-by-night operation. Charter is a very large and respected telecommunications company.

Last edited by randomparent; 10-29-2018 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-29-2018, 01:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
“I’m hot, I’m beautiful, I’m white,”

She got one right.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
3 words. Drunken White Trash.
Racist comment. You should be fired from your job.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:03 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If you're a minority you don't even have to be impaired to insult white people, it's accepted either way. Where are those videos? lol.
White people don't go around antagonizing and videoing black people to set them up for a fall, but if they did the media wouldn't be interested in running that narrative anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies