Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 02:48 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,007,732 times

Advertisements

Trump to visit a Pittsburgh scarred by violence at synagogue | News | phillytrib.com

Quote:
Trump is traveling to the historic hub of the city's Jewish community as the first funerals are scheduled to be held for the victims, who range in age from 54 to 97. He is expected to meet with first responders and community leaders. The death toll includes a set of brothers, a husband and wife, professors, dentists and a physician. It was not immediately clear whether Trump, who will be joined by first lady Melania Trump, daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner, would meet with any family members.

The White House said the purpose of Trump's visit was to "express the support of the American people and to grieve with the Pittsburgh community."
It's hard to comprehend the hurt and pain that the Jewish community faces following this horrific tragedy. The victims of this attack range from 54 to 97 years old, these people have been through so much throughout history only to have this hateful man attack a peaceful and loving church community.

Quote:
Dvir, 52, the owner of Murray Avenue Locksmith in Squirrel Hill, said of Trump, "I think he made some mistakes, but he is a great president." He added that it would be "a shame" if the community protested the president's visit.
The Rabbi of the Synagogue has been welcoming and admirable even during this time of mourning.

Quote:
Rabbi Jeffrey Myers, who was conducting Sabbath services at the Tree of Life synagogue when the shooter opened fire, made clear the president would be welcome, telling CNN: "The president of the United States is always welcome. I am a citizen. He is my president. He is certainly welcome."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 02:50 PM

35,522 posts, read 17,824,056 times
I would think that many of the deceased voted for Trump. Don't know, obviously, but the demographic fits. Wealthy area of town, older people.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,932,524 times
Just saw him land with Melania -- or a tape of it.

Happened to be CNN on Twitter.

They were talking about how Trump has a very full schedule the next week and he wanted to pay his respects and today was the day that worked. They were very polite in noting that this is when he and Melania could visit.

Lots of criticism for him going during the funerals and such but not from the CNN hosts that were covering it.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:07 PM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

It's hard to comprehend the hurt and pain that the Jewish community faces following this horrific tragedy. The victims of this attack range from 54 to 97 years old, these people have been through so much throughout history only to have this hateful man attack a peaceful and loving church community.

He was reportedly going today because it fit his campaign schedule better than later in the week.

Gee, he put his own personal interests ahead of anything else.

I'm SHOCKED!

Old 10-30-2018, 03:10 PM

39,026 posts, read 51,082,683 times
A mob has gathered to protest his visit.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:11 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 hours ago)

27,543 posts, read 16,022,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Just saw him land with Melania -- or a tape of it.

Happened to be CNN on Twitter.

They were talking about how Trump has a very full schedule the next week and he wanted to pay his respects and today was the day that worked. They were very polite in noting that this is when he and Melania could visit.

Lots of criticism for him going during the funerals and such but not from the CNN hosts that were covering it.
Good to hear. The evening shows will crank up the outrage industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He was reportedly going today because it fit his campaign schedule better than later in the week.

I'm SHOCKED!
A lot of bitterness with this one Wouldnt matter what Trump did.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:20 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,007,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

I'm SHOCKED!
I'm sure whoever "reported" that was as biased against him as you are. Stop trying to use a national tragedy to score political points.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,779,154 times
All this visit is going to do is rub salt in an already wounded city. The people don't want him there, the Mayor refused an invitation to meet with him, and all it will do is cause protests and chaos.

He is not going there to heal Pittsburgh, he is going there to make it look like he really cares. But I bet a lot of normally Republican voters will be hitting the Democratic buttons next Tuesday. The last thing Pittsburgh needs right now is a circus, and Donald Trump is the head clown.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:22 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 hours ago)

27,543 posts, read 16,022,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
All this visit is going to do is rub salt in an already wounded city. The people don't want him there, the Mayor refused an invitation to meet with him, and all it will do is cause protests and chaos.

He is not going there to heal Pittsburgh, he is going there to make it look like he really cares. But I bet a lot of normally Republican voters will be hitting the Democratic buttons next Tuesday. The last thing Pittsburgh needs right now is a circus, and Donald Trump is the head clown.
And cd’s head clown is

Old 10-30-2018, 03:25 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,771,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
We just found out plenty about you
Yea, you found out I don't buy into Dear Leaders line of BS.

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies