Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 05:55 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
You do not get it whatsoever. You are a rural, upstate hick. I ain't no victim. Come near me, I DARE you as a CITY WOMAN. We would smack you down in a NY Minute. Don't need a gun to do that. Not calling you what I would like to on here.

Edit. You are clueless as to street smarts. You would need your gun to survive one day.
LOL typical cityiot. Holier than thou attitude and all. Busy body mentality to a T.
Has to resort to petty insults to try and win an argument or gain credibility. LOL come near you? Why? You sound miserable as hell. I wouldn't go anywhere near you even if I were offered a billion.

Street smarts I've been to Brooklyn many times. Had a cousin that lived there, spent alot of time down there... Street smarts ROFL get outta here.

LOL just an upstate Hick LOL that's awesome. I'm moving up in the world.

Got any more feeble assumptions and petty insults to hurl? To prove me right about busy body New Yawkahz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 06:52 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Which is very few and far between it's a non issue if you look at the CDC data. The percentage is less than. 00001% of occurrences of an accidental homicide/suicide due to negligent parenting/Darwin parenting awards. Now swimming pools lakes ponds rivers creeks streams bathtubs and cars they kill far more kids than firearms. Yet... not so much as a word towards that. Priorities. Focus on firearms and pull the Muh Childrunz trademarked argument LOL pathetic. Go do some digging on the CDC website if you don't believe me.

When I was young if I had friends over at my house/sleepovers, kids who weren't raised with firearms in the house would drool over the gun cabinet and wanted to handle them. I always told them, it's not a toy. Want to touch them? Call your parents and have them talk to mine. About half of them had paranoid helicopter moms like Jo48 who rushed over and grabbed their cherub and attempted to browbeat my parents. They'd just laugh in their face and tell them to have a nice day.
Why?
Because they parented with the forbidden fruit approach and created allure.
But what do I know... it's not like I was a toddler a kid a teenager or young adult...
Granted, I'm sure it's a small %. Because guns are so dangerous, however-the results of that small % are horrible. Not sure why I get so much grief from gun advocates, when I'm on record agreeing with the right to bear arms. Why should I be criticized for choosing not to own one, and pointing out the dangers involved due to irresponsile gun owners?

Old 11-06-2018, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Granted, I'm sure it's a small %. Because guns are so dangerous, however-the results of that small % are horrible. Not sure why I get so much grief from gun advocates, when I'm on record agreeing with the right to bear arms. Why should I be criticized for choosing not to own one, and pointing out the dangers involved due to irresponsile gun owners?

A gun is only dangerous, when it is loaded & pointed at someone.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:04 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A gun is only dangerous, when it is loaded & pointed at someone.

Which in this country is quite often.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:09 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
You see it is all about finding COMMON GROUND.
The anti-gun person seeks to strip away my natural individual rights.

There is no common ground on that subject, as my natural individual rights are condition of existence.

I have the right to keep ad bear arms, to own property and to defend my life and my property. Period. There is no other ground. None whatsoever.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:11 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The anti-gun person seeks to strip away my natural individual rights.

There is no common ground on that subject, as my natural individual rights are condition of existence.

I have the right to keep ad bear arms, to own property and to defend my life and my property. Period. There is no other ground. None whatsoever.
With over 265Million civilian guns in this country... I don't think anyone is stripping your precious guns away.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:14 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
With over 265Million civilian guns in this country... I don't think anyone is stripping your precious guns away.
Because a thing has not yet occurred does not cancel out the fact that there are those who actively promote/lobby/petition for that thing to occur.

And the thing they seek is partial/complete removal of one of my natural, individual rights. I have no common ground with anyone who seeks to abridge/remove/deny/violate a natural, individual right...any right.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:16 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
...And there aren't 265million shootings either!

Old 11-06-2018, 07:18 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
You do not get it whatsoever. You are a rural, upstate hick. I ain't no victim. Come near me, I DARE you as a CITY WOMAN. We would smack you down in a NY Minute. Don't need a gun to do that. Not calling you what I would like to on here.

Edit. You are clueless as to street smarts. You would need your gun to survive one day.
Yes because being from the city somehow gives the city dweller super human powers. I'm sorry but I wish that I had a dollar for every city dweller that claimed to be some kind of a badass just because they were from the city. Some were, but most were all talk. The ones that were never bragged about what they could or would do. That's usually the give away between a real bad ass and a pretender.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:19 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Which in this country is quite often.

Looking at the news from some cities one can argue that it is warranted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies