Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 06:03 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No one is arguing that people do not have the right to engage in offensive speech or actions.

Just don’t expect such acts to be protected from consequences by private parties.

You can wear blackface. Your employer can fire you.

It’s not illegal to tell your wife she does look fat in that dress.
Yes you liberals keep repeating the threat of “we will get you fired”. That loophole will get closed. New state laws are all we need to protect conservatives from your threats to free speech. The leftists tactic of strong arming corporate America to enforce political correctness is the most un American thing I have ever heard of.

When I was a kid I thought if I ever lost my freedom it would be an invading Soviet army that would take it from me. So sad that people like this poster I am responding to, people raised up in America like me are the ones trying to take my freedom away. One day it may be necessary to fight this internal enemy off, just like we would have done if the Soviets did invade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 07:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This post hits on a truth no one has brought up. A lot of these left wing posters, black activist etc. do not care about improving race relations. The condition this nation is in politically and socially is fine with them the way it is. Some of them actually hate white people. Debasing white people and painting them as racist is necessary for them to gain and keep power. Stoking black hatreds for white people is a political tactic that has gained leftists power, this IMO is what it is all about.

As far as whether blackface Halloween costumes are racist......obviously they are not. We should ignore the sensitivities of black people (which are stoked by leftists) and do as we please. Ignoring political correctness is the best way to rid our society of it. No one has the right to not be offended, the sensitivities of black people or other groups is frankly not our problem. Living in a free society means you have to tolerate hearing and seeing things that might offend you. The sooner we realize we cannot control what our neighbor says, does or promotes the sooner we will all get along. Do I care if leftists see me as racist? Not really. I know I am not one. The leftists who are using racial tension as a tool to control blacks are far more racist than most white people could ever be. The idea that they use people for political gain is disgusting and eventually black people will figure out what is being done to them.

We conservatives look forward to the day blacks join us in any kind of numbers. Blacks are largely church going social conservatives, blacks are just as likely to benefit from a lower tax burden as anyone else and black people will benefit greatly from a conservative law and order approach to keeping their streets safe. I know most of them want the crime cleaned up. Most of them cannot be that concerned with who has a confederate flag or wears blackface. I think white liberals on campuses worry more about that then anyone else does. We conservatives know that large numbers of blacks will eventually wake up and see the truth. What matters more to blacks (or anyone for that matter) safe streets? A good economy? Low taxes? Personal liberties? Or are they worried about who wore blackface?
Plenty of Pro-Blacks are big into Cultural Marxism. Yes they dislike the white-man or white people in general. What I find funny about these Pro-Blacks is that they complain about white people, but yet they still work for them, and even worse have sex, become pregnant by or impregnate white people. If I disliked white people, I would not want to have anything to do with them, or have my kids not to do anything with them. Even half white is bad enough. But these pro-blacks deep down inside love white people. Look at Don Lemon who bashed white men on national TV, but yet he is in an relationship with a white man. LOL. You can't make this stuff up.

I like to play devils advocate sometimes. As a conservative, what do you guys have to offer black Americans? Why I ask this? African Americans do not have money to make changes with democrats. They don't have money to change anything wit the Republicans. What do conservatives have to offer for blacks, which the Democrats could not offer? Blacks don't have money like that to give to politicians or numbers to enact change in voting bloc.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-04-2018 at 08:14 AM..

Old 11-04-2018, 08:22 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Yes you liberals keep repeating the threat of “we will get you fired”. That loophole will get closed. New state laws are all we need to protect conservatives from your threats to free speech. The leftists tactic of strong arming corporate America to enforce political correctness is the most un American thing I have ever heard of.

When I was a kid I thought if I ever lost my freedom it would be an invading Soviet army that would take it from me. So sad that people like this poster I am responding to, people raised up in America like me are the ones trying to take my freedom away. One day it may be necessary to fight this internal enemy off, just like we would have done if the Soviets did invade.
I’m only liberal in the classical sense

You are the one wishing to deny others the right of association and property rights.

Tyranny is the heart of your type of political philosophy. You need big government to ensure your freedom lol.

Republicans not going to limit employment at will. That’s pretty much liberal ideology. You out of luck.

You can protest and boycott companies just like the liberals do. That’s what you can do with out infringing on the rights of others. Or you can support unions that limit a company’s ability to fire at will. Ya might have to be a liberal lol.

Last edited by whogo; 11-04-2018 at 09:02 AM..

Old 11-04-2018, 08:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
PCologist unite!!

Old 11-04-2018, 08:51 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
This post hits on a truth no one has brought up. A lot of these left wing posters, black activist etc. do not care about improving race relations. The condition this nation is in politically and socially is fine with them the way it is. Some of them actually hate white people. Debasing white people and painting them as racist is necessary for them to gain and keep power. Stoking black hatreds for white people is a political tactic that has gained leftists power, this IMO is what it is all about.

As far as whether blackface Halloween costumes are racist......obviously they are not. We should ignore the sensitivities of black people (which are stoked by leftists) and do as we please. Ignoring political correctness is the best way to rid our society of it. No one has the right to not be offended, the sensitivities of black people or other groups is frankly not our problem. Living in a free society means you have to tolerate hearing and seeing things that might offend you. The sooner we realize we cannot control what our neighbor says, does or promotes the sooner we will all get along. Do I care if leftists see me as racist? Not really. I know I am not one. The leftists who are using racial tension as a tool to control blacks are far more racist than most white people could ever be. The idea that they use people for political gain is disgusting and eventually black people will figure out what is being done to them.

We conservatives look forward to the day blacks join us in any kind of numbers. Blacks are largely church going social conservatives, blacks are just as likely to benefit from a lower tax burden as anyone else and black people will benefit greatly from a conservative law and order approach to keeping their streets safe. I know most of them want the crime cleaned up. Most of them cannot be that concerned with who has a confederate flag or wears blackface. I think white liberals on campuses worry more about that then anyone else does. We conservatives know that large numbers of blacks will eventually wake up and see the truth. What matters more to blacks (or anyone for that matter) safe streets? A good economy? Low taxes? Personal liberties? Or are they worried about who wore blackface?
Very good points, the bolded especially, but the whole post really.

It is disturbing to me that all this brouhaha about dressing up as Beyonce may be nothing more than race baiting. But considering I have asked repeatedly for a specific explanation of how that is "racist," and not one poster has offered any factual explanation, tells me that some people just want to create race issues even where there are none.

I am not racist. I know in my heart that is true. But in another thread someone was claiming that most white people are, at least subconsciously, racist, merely because their lifetime of experiences have created a racist mindset in their brain. What a stupid accusation. It's like, white people just cannot win this racism thing. We're racist whether we know it or not. If that were true, we shouldn't even bother trying. It's all embedded in our psyche, and we have no control over it. Man, that would be depressing if it were true!

Thankfully, in real life, I encounter very few white people who are racist, very few blacks who think most whites are racists, and very few people who aren't good, decent people who get along with almost everyone.

But the fact that people are actually being fired for these innocent costumes is very concerning. Should we all just stop ever dressing up in costumes at all???

Old 11-04-2018, 09:54 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
A famous talk show host was recently fired for her blackface comments, a big national story that was all over the news. Yet with all that going on this couple still thought it would be a great idea to go to her job dressed up in blackface for Halloween? What did she expect would happen to her?

Haha what morons. Can't get much stupider than that.

Old 11-04-2018, 11:54 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Plenty of Pro-Blacks are big into Cultural Marxism. Yes they dislike the white-man or white people in general. What I find funny about these Pro-Blacks is that they complain about white people, but yet they still work for them, and even worse have sex, become pregnant by or impregnate white people. If I disliked white people, I would not want to have anything to do with them, or have my kids not to do anything with them. Even half white is bad enough. But these pro-blacks deep down inside love white people. Look at Don Lemon who bashed white men on national TV, but yet he is in an relationship with a white man. LOL. You can't make this stuff up.

I like to play devils advocate sometimes. As a conservative, what do you guys have to offer black Americans? Why I ask this? African Americans do not have money to make changes with democrats. They don't have money to change anything wit the Republicans. What do conservatives have to offer for blacks, which the Democrats could not offer? Blacks don't have money like that to give to politicians or numbers to enact change in voting bloc.
This is disturbing.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hmmmm, national news.

No crime committed. No one hurt. Not a famous person.

Oh wait, "White woman does something bad".....that brings in the ratings! Let's run with it.

Brought to you by the same for profit corporately owned press that used to run all the "black man robs ......" news articles in days past.

Promoting racial division and stereotyping for profit.
Yeah but at least when the news media focused on black crime, the media was highlighting criminals. Now the media are highlighting white people over their free speech to make an example out them so all whites toe the PC line. So there's a bigger political issue at play than just profiting.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No one is arguing that people do not have the right to engage in offensive speech or actions.

Just don’t expect such acts to be protected from consequences by private parties.

You can wear blackface. Your employer can fire you.

It’s not illegal to tell your wife she does look fat in that dress.
Who gets to decide that? I find most everything democrats or members of their identity groups say and do offensive. Let's start firing all democrats.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It's called imposing upon another group, being parasitical even predatorial or just the worst of human nature.

Quote:
The same question applies for "European Americans" or just white Americans. Why should they vote for the democrat party that scapegoats them and advocates that they be imposed upon? They are still about 70% of the electorate and they could conceivably only vote for any and every politician and policy that benefits them. If this is the way they're treated as still the majority, lord have mercy when they are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies