Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 11:43 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has never been an honest person. And we see that today. He just throws things out there and whatever sticks he runs with. This tds label is hilarious. Was there an ods as well.
you are describing the leftist fake news MSM, not Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 11:50 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
you are describing the leftist fake news MSM, not Trump.
I can tell you so many but I just don’t have the time. I suggest you look it up for yourself. But the latest one is that he can sign an executive order to change our constitution. How is the media fake news when they report the lies Trump says

Old 10-31-2018, 11:54 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
I can tell you so many but I just don’t have the time. I suggest you look it up for yourself. But the latest one is that he can sign an executive order to change our constitution. How is the media fake news when they report the lies Trump says
He doesn't need to change the constitution, all he's got to do is have the Supreme Court hear the case and rule that the 14th amendment doesn't apply to children born to illegal parents.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:00 AM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He doesn't need to change the constitution, all he's got to do is have the Supreme Court hear the case and rule that the 14th amendment doesn't apply to children born to illegal parents.
The Supreme Court will never hear the case much less change it. This is our constitution. If you don’t like what it says then move.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:24 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
The Supreme Court will never hear the case much less change it. This is our constitution. If you don’t like what it says then move.
I guess we'll just have to find out, I'm not going anywhere sweetie.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:33 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The beauty of this is, that even if Trump were to disappear tomorrow, you and other far left liberals would be stuck with President Pence. Trump has done more damage to your liberal cause in 2 years than any other human being could have dreamed of doing including putting 2 Supreme Court Justices in place that aren't bleeding heart liberals.
If Pence takes office, it will be more of the same for you. You won't hate Pence nearly as much as you do Trump, because with you it's a personal thing, but he'll continue a conservative agenda. Pence might even make Trump look like a moderate to liberals so enjoy the ride.
IMO you're wrong there. The left are just complete nutcases that have lost any grip on reality. It wouldn't matter who the president were if he were not a bleeding heart liberal, the left, especially the MSM, would rant, rave and lie about them. It isn't just Trump-it's the issue of mental illness and desperation of progressives. Any conservative candidate ends up demonstrating the utter failure of progressivism. Look at the way these vile nuts attacked Romney in '12. He was one of the all-around nicest people to run for public office but was still hated, lied about and slandered by the left the entire campaign.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:38 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Same with you-the purpose of SCOTUS is to determine what the 14th (and other laws) meant when originally written. And most that have studied it have concluded that it was written to ensure former slaves were recognized as American citizens. Otherwise they would have simply said "All persons born or naturalized in the United Statesare citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside." But that is NOT what they said, they specifically added
Quote:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
So, should SCOTUS decide that the meaning excludes criminal aliens-where are you moving? I hear that there is a lot of room in Honduras these days. Have a nice walk.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:04 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
IMO you're wrong there. The left are just complete nutcases that have lost any grip on reality. It wouldn't matter who the president were if he were not a bleeding heart liberal, the left, especially the MSM, would rant, rave and lie about them. It isn't just Trump-it's the issue of mental illness and desperation of progressives. Any conservative candidate ends up demonstrating the utter failure of progressivism. Look at the way these vile nuts attacked Romney in '12. He was one of the all-around nicest people to run for public office but was still hated, lied about and slandered by the left the entire campaign.
You may be correct, but I've been around a long time and I have never seen derangement on the part of the left like I see now against Trump. It seems nothing is off the table as far as their efforts to have Trump removed. What they did with Reagan was nothing like we see now. Even John McCain who the left despised for decades became their national hero because he opposed Trump on some issues.
It is what it is and the great thing about Trump is he doesn't give a damn what the left does, or what they think. He's made them irrelevant and virtually powerless.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:57 PM

3,516 posts, read 7,778,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Nah, we knew it would not be an overnight deal to get Trump out of there, it took years to get Nixon to go. But, every day Trump slips a little closer to the edge, and it is his own fault. The man is simply stupid, and arrogant. He is too dumb to realize he is his own worst enemy and is digging his own grave.

I'm surprised he lasted so long, how many times can you publicly openly insult members of your own political party and get away with it. I expected his fellow Republicans would have turned on him long ago. At least McCain wasn't a party line puppet that voted party lines no matter what the bill was for.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:02 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You guys remember November 2016? Democrats knew he couldn't win. Sure things were closer than expected but he couldn't win... blue wall, Obama... no way he could win. What a miserable left wing failure, the "most qualified person to ever run for POTUS" couldn't beat Donald Trump at her own game. Ok he won but they had a plan. Democrats were 100% convinced that Trump would never be allowed to take office. Between the attempts to overthrow the Electoral College and other insanity Democrats were sure that Trump would never be inaugurated in January 2017. There were online petitions, there were lists of Hollywood trash begging EC voters to change their votes and they all failed miserably. Democrats were then convinced that even if he did manage to take office that they would impeach him immediately, they were going to file articles of impeachment before he even took office, it was just a given... another miserable failure. Democrats were sure that even though he had taken office they could still stop him by bogging him down in endless and baseless investigations. Russia, hookers, Russia, tax returns, Russia, etc etc etc, more Russia... they knew it would only be a matter of weeks, maybe a month and he would resign. Nobody could stand the pressure, this was the beginning of the end for Donald Trump. Day after day Democrats were sure that this was the turning point, the end was near. Fast forward through 2 years of democrat poutrage, fake BS and left wing lies and Donald Trump is still the President.

Now look at us, the 2018 midterms are around the corner and Democrats are convinced that we're a few days away from yet another beginning of the end of President Trump. All the polls agree, the media is sure of it, the democrats are guaranteed a victory.

Tick tock mother ****ers.

Lot of fun to read. Great OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies