Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 05:16 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,585,533 times

Advertisements

Obamacare was a blatant lie!

Pelosi said “vote then read the bill”!

Obama said “$2500 average saving for a family and you can keep your plan/doctor”!

That were all proven lies!

We got premium increases and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida told us we had to change plans as our plan was no longer in compliance with Obamacare rules. Wow! We didn’t even qualify for Obamacare but still lost our plan and pay ridiculous premiums, thanks to the worst President and government!

Now Democrats are mongering fear for pre-existing conditions not being covered by Republican plans!

Another blatant lie!

Under Obamacare lots of people who were uninsured never bought insurance and rather paid the cheaper penalty. President Trump relieves them from the penalty as no insurance for something that’s not mandatory like car insurance that you only pay if you have a car, should not result in a penalty.

So what is the Democratic Party true plan aside from spreading and running on more lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 05:20 AM

12,191 posts, read 7,153,740 times
The Democrats promised that Obamacare was the solution. Not only do we now see how bad Obamacare was but when Trump wanted to repeal and replace it, the Democrats obstructed.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:41 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,268,152 times
If Obamacare is helping anyone at all then bully for them. For my hardworking, tax paying family, it has meant skyrocketing premiums, high deductibles, higher co-pays and having to find all new doctors. I guess they way that they can promise to cover pre-existing conditions is by gouging everyone, even those of us who don't have them. This is the case with pretty much everyone I know as well. I don't personally know one person who is happy with this disaster.

We are definitely doing much worse in terms of healthcare under Obamacare. Anyone who can get rid of this failed social experiment gets my undying devotion (and vote) forever. People like Obama, Pelosi, and others who helped to foist this mess on the American people have high quality healthcare provided to them for life and don't have to depend on what they created for the rest of us. Isn't that nice?

Old 11-01-2018, 05:42 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,731,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Obama said “$2500 average saving for a family and you can keep your plan/doctor”!

We got premium increases and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida told us we had to change plans as our plan was no longer in compliance with Obamacare rules. Wow! We didn’t even qualify for Obamacare but still lost our plan and pay ridiculous premiums, thanks to the worst President and government!

Now Democrats are mongering fear for pre-existing conditions not being covered by Republican plans!

Another blatant lie!

Under Obamacare lots of people who were uninsured never bought insurance and rather paid the cheaper penalty. President Trump relieves them from the penalty as no insurance for something that’s not mandatory like car insurance that you only pay if you have a car, should not result in a penalty.

So what is the Democratic Party true plan aside from spreading and running on more lies?

Big deal ! Yes, a few people did see their rates go up, my own son was one of them. However, to put it into perspective, he makes huge money every year and the amount he is paying is small in comparison. When he complained about it to me, I told him to do the math and realize that he was not being hurt as badly as he thought.

Millions and millions of people who never had health coverage DID get coverage under Obamacare for the first time, so Obamacare did work. There is no question it needed tweaked a little, as do all new programs, but, overall, it did help millions.

The problem with Republicans is that they only think of "me", and do not care about the little guys. We Democrats DO care about disadvantaged people, and are willing to pay a little more so that our fellow man can enjoy some of the benefits we already have.

Besides, complain to Trump. He promised a big, beautiful healthcare plan, if he got in office, where is that plan ?

Old 11-01-2018, 05:47 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,818,197 times
And if you can't afford Obarrycare, they will fine/tax you. What was next? Take our property if we don'/can'tt pay up?

Old 11-01-2018, 06:10 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,268,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Big deal ! Yes, a few people did see their rates go up, my own son was one of them. However, to put it into perspective, he makes huge money every year and the amount he is paying is small in comparison. When he complained about it to me, I told him to do the math and realize that he was not being hurt as badly as he thought.

Millions and millions of people who never had health coverage DID get coverage under Obamacare for the first time, so Obamacare did work. There is no question it needed tweaked a little, as do all new programs, but, overall, it did help millions.

The problem with Republicans is that they only think of "me", and do not care about the little guys. We Democrats DO care about disadvantaged people, and are willing to pay a little more so that our fellow man can enjoy some of the benefits we already have.

Besides, complain to Trump. He promised a big, beautiful healthcare plan, if he got in office, where is that plan ?
Um...many of us ARE "the little guys" and this failed social experiment is taking a toll on us in a big way. Thanks for caring.

It isn't about "paying a little more", it's about being a hard-working, tax-paying citizen who can hardly afford to seek healthcare when we need it because of this mess. And I guess the Democrats had better start caring about "the little guy" since we are funding all of your failed policies...for now.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,731,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Um...many of us ARE "the little guys" and this failed social experiment is taking a toll on us in a big way. Thanks for caring.

Well then, complain to Trump and the Republicans. They promised you a better healthcare plan and have not done squat. If it was so easy, why haven't they done it ?

Old 11-01-2018, 06:15 AM

4,620 posts, read 1,913,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Good for your son that he makes enough that he was not hurt badly, but there are many people who are paying for those people who never had health coverage who are barely making ends meet. For instance my brother is a mechanic, one of those people who make a good enough living not to qualify for any help at all but certainly not rich. Under Obamacare his insurance rates doubled and his deductible went up to 10000 a year. Meaning it is useless unless a major health issue occurs. Meanwhile i know a few of those people who received expanded Medicaid under Obamacare who get everything for free.

I appreciate that since i know those people they now have healthcare, but the fact is they never tried or worked hard to gain skills or knowledge to make decent wages where they could afford their own healthcare. They just generally costed their entire lives content with jobs barely paying minimum wage, now they have healthcare they can actually use(because its basically free) while people like my brother pay almost a 1000 a month for his families insurance which he can't even afford to use. No one can explain to me why that is fair, because it isn't.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,861,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Another blatant lie!

Obamacare was sooooooo awful that now with Republicans in control of House & Senate --- many of them are afraid to abolish Obamacare completely.

That's how bad it was for everyone in the country.

The insurance companies have always been able to dictate who you see, what is covered and what isn't
And yes -- because Obamacare changed how many people were on the plan, etc....so insurance companies, to protect their profits, changed their product.

I moved here in 1997 and each year -- we had a new health care contract through our employer. Each year they gave us a list of who we could see, what treatments were covered, what drugs.

It's always been that way here.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:25 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,142,036 times
Yup.
Our premiums tripled, our deductible quadrupled, and no one (least of any of the docs we had for 25 years) took it locally, so we had to drive to BFE to stay in network (so we just wound up paying cash bc it was getting out of control).

Between the new taxes, the new premiums, and what we had to pay to clear deductibles and cash, near six figure net $ loss once that crap passed.

We finally gave up and went HSA. At least the premium is only $7000 a year. Even with the additional $7k we can put in the HSA, it is still $10k less than a family plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies