Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 03:10 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Fake left news. The GOP wants to REPEAL and REPLACE. The media is running wild with the REPEAL part, not the REPLACE question.
They only want to repeal. They have proposed NOTHING to replace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 03:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Fake left news. The GOP wants to REPEAL and REPLACE. The media is running wild with the REPEAL part, not the REPLACE question.
And how long exactly does it take to replace?
Quote:
Trump Says He Has ‘Great Health Plans’ Coming Out Within 4 Weeks
‎May‎ ‎10‎, ‎2018‎
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...within-4-weeks
And that is just the latest bull **** promise of many.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:18 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The velvet rope section of health care will still exist even if you one succeed in getting single payer.

The only thing that will be accomplished by creating a government run system is that employers, many of them wealthy corporations that cheat on their taxes, employ non-US workers within the United States and bribe our elected officials, will be effectively refunded hundreds of billions of dollars worth of health care benefits that are now provided to employees as part of their compensation.

This is why no one believes that liberals actually want what they claim they want.

What liberals really want is government control of every aspect of our existence.
And what the GOP really wants is businesses and corporations to control every aspect of our existence.

No difference on the surface to you apparently?

Old 11-01-2018, 03:20 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
What is the replace plan?

Trump is allowing states to kick poor people off of Medicaid which they qualified for under the ACA. Plenty of states are happy to do it, while they expand other programs. Immediately removing the poorest people from any possibility of having health insurance is not a good sign of what is to come.

All the medical organizations are against this, hospitals have to absorb the uninsured, many will simply never be able to get treatment and will die, and it is very inhumane to do this to American citizens, yet we have a "thriving economy" that should allow these people to remain covered.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:

Right...

And your boy tRump said repeatedly and loudly that he'd REPEAL AND REPLACE ON DAY ONE!

tRump: "It's easy!"

Not only that, but HIS health care plan would give everyone better coverage at lower cost. We're still waiting for that magic plan of his. Instead, Pubs are suing to replace pre-existing conditions protections with their plan that'll skyrocket prices for that type of coverage.

Trumplings...

Assuming that everybody in America suffers from the same memory problems that THEY do.

"Nobody knew it was complicated."

Old 11-01-2018, 04:26 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Since when do Republicans care about your healthcare? What a joke. Now before the election they are trying to back peddle and act like they supported it. Can’t Americans see through this or are they really one issue voters?

Old 11-01-2018, 04:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Scott Walker was on cable news today and he lied about wanting to protect pre-existing . Problem is his lawsuit says different. His state legislature says no and he does not fight for the legislation.

That's what happens when the Koch Brothers control your state with big money. Just like when they gave Ryan's $500 million after the tax cut passed.
Walker is a bald-faced liar! Walker takes advantage of the lesser intelligent and uneducated voters.

Quote:
So, repeal of Obamacare — and its protections for pre-existing conditions -- is one plan Walker supports. But there’s another.

Walker also backed a lawsuit brought by Wisconsin and 19 other states that a New York Times news story said could eviscerate major parts of the Affordable Care Act and allow insurers to again deny people coverage because of their medical condition or history.
Scott Walker says he would cover pre-existing conditions, but backs plans that would end protections

Old 11-01-2018, 04:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
You bought their line huh?

Republicans to Voters: Ignore That Lawsuit We Support to End Protections for Pre-Existing Conditions

Old 11-01-2018, 09:18 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Then you've never had to suffer severe pain or go blind from lack of insurance.
I happen to be a productive citizen who is covered through my employer (and unfortunately my premiums have gone up significantly because of Obamacare.) I don't know a single person who benefited from Obamacare, but then I don't associate much with people in the ghetto or with illegal aliens. Obamacare was designed to help Obama's base in the inner city and among illegal aliens. I personally don't have any pre-existing conditions.

And beyond this, the idea of an innocent child being murdered by Planned Parenthood, and the interests of foreigners being put before Americans, including vets, are more visceral to me as a voter.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I happen to be a productive citizen who is covered through my employer (and unfortunately my premiums have gone up significantly because of Obamacare.) I don't know a single person who benefited from Obamacare, but then I don't associate much with people in the ghetto or with illegal aliens. Obamacare was designed to help Obama's base in the inner city and among illegal aliens. I personally don't have any pre-existing conditions.

And beyond this, the idea of an innocent child being murdered by Planned Parenthood, and the interests of foreigners being put before Americans, including vets, are more visceral to me as a voter.
This year it's all Trump administration policies creating the cost increases. Trump and GOP lying about protecting health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies