Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 12:18 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
The right's fear of this migrant caravan is disgusting and embarrassing. We spend far more on military than any other country. We are the most powerful, and yet these poor migrants on foot cause them to quake in their boots. What would these red snowflakes do if the U.S. faced a real threat?
America spends the most on our military for many reasons. NATO, all the US bases in foreign countries, the best equipment and... our military is the world's largest employer. Our military also needs the equipment and services from many private contractors, and that has given many Americans a good middle class lifestyle... especially in blue states like Massachusetts.

And our military gives a lot of good career opportunities and perks like the GI education bill. Many young adults that would have been otherwise trapped in their small towns with no chance at a better life, signed up to the military and learned advanced job skills and got to travel far from where they were born.

And no, I am not scared of the people in that caravan. I just don't want them sneaking or forcing themselves (with the help of their children) into becoming residents of our country. Mexico offered them work and a new life, but they turned that offer down because they'd rather come to the US and get handouts from us taxpayers.

And no, I don't want to educate their children at a cost of ~$12K per year AND... interfering with our American children getting a good education because of our public schools needing to teach their children English and trying to help catch up with the other students.

Public education should only be "free" to our American children. It should not be free to illegals.

And it's better to keep the people in the caravan from crossing our borders at all, then have them infiltrate our lands and then have to send ICE to find and remove them.

And btw one of the many reasons that Elizabeth Warren will never get my vote for president is because she wants to disband ICE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 12:18 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Most white conservatives are terrified of foreigners. They could care less about building a society that works for all. All they care about is maintaining whites as the de facto privileged caste in the USA.
uhm. bull pucky.

I think you live in a liberal bubble and don't know what the heck you are talking about

Old 11-01-2018, 12:21 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Most white conservatives are terrified of foreigners. They could care less about building a society that works for all. All they care about is maintaining whites as the de facto privileged caste in the USA.
^^^^This is delusional BS.

It's also a bigoted and racist remark.

How many illegal aliens do you have living with you in your home? I assume that since you love them so much, it means that you aren't just talking the talking but also walking the walk.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:21 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
I'm voting red because I'm in full control of my mental faculties and thus can clearly see the truth
Which is definitely a requirement for having the good sense to vote red.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:22 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Everyone knows most (if not all) of these people seeking asylum is for financial gain.

Nobody is traveling 3000 miles to get away from gangs . Lets see how many of these asylum seekers can get to stay because they want a job.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I understand what a Nation is and I understand how Nations are destroyed and on the Republicans seem to grasp this. I don't agree with everything that every Republican politician has to say about it, but I disagree with almost everything that every Democrat politician has to say about it.

It's only an issue right now, before the election, because the Democrats are making it one. That's also telling. I don't FEAR THE MIGRANT CARAVAN, I just understand we can't have migrant caravans streaming into the country the way we have for a decade or more. It's a very simple concept that Democrats have to do mental gymnastics to justify. I don't know why they bother. Most people on this thread now couldn't form a decent pro argument, they just take the side opposite Trump because their brains are addled.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:26 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Nope, do you understand what seeking asylum really means? This is an excuse being used and one the libs like to throw around, but seeking asylum is something that people do to escape a war or government over throw. That is not what is happening in these central American countries most are fleeing.
Really? Because we are taking a LOT of asylum claims from these countries, so it seems the government finds it credible.

In April of 2018

27% from Venezuela
11% from Guatamala
9% El Salvador
7% from Mexico
7% from Honduras

https://www.uscis.gov/outreach/asylu...der-meeting-13
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-01-2018, 12:27 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Honestly, I am not sure I trust either party at this point.

I am still with "red", because the "red" at least keeps the discussion going.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:27 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
They are also trafficking women and children on their way here. Where is the METOOOOOOOOOOO movement on that one?

When Pillosi, Maxi waters, Hellary, Biden and the other elitist leftists tear down the walls around their luxury houses, fire their security guards and take these invaders in, then we can talk.............about how stupid they are.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:30 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
They are also trafficking women and children on their way here.
Have you got a link to support this claim by any chance? To a reputable news outlet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies