Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 03:51 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times

Advertisements

I thought it was great they killed off Roseanne with opioids. It should have been Ambien since she claimed that was what caused her to tweet crap in the first place.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:30 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't watch much tv, but I can't imagine a show about the Conners being any good without Roseanne. Back in the day, she was the show.
Roseanne apologized. So ABC should have kept her.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:19 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Roseanne had the last laugh on this one. ABC continues it's slow decline like much of legacy TV. SJWs are ruining it for everyone.

Dead last. That's gotta sting, BIGLY.

Roseanne Reboot Flops Without Roseanne; "The Conners" Dead Last In Ratings
Who exactly does it sting. It certainly doesn’t sting the network. I never watched the original since listening to Roseanne screech was like listening to nails on a blackboard.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:39 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Roseanne had the last laugh on this one. ABC continues it's slow decline like much of legacy TV. SJWs are ruining it for everyone.

Quote:
They sanitized the show. And it went kaput.

This while holding a constant double standard towards the leftists.
?

Why are you constantly on the attack with every single thing?

Rosanne is out of a job, so how she 'had the last laugh' I don't know. From what I understand she was sorry everyone lost their jobs.

It's not a 'leftist' show, with or without Rosanne. It's a show about a working class family and that's it.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:59 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:

Ok with me if it's dead last.

I wouldn't watch a Wheaties ad that featured her. She's been obnoxious for years, and hasn't gotten better with age. But her leaving hardly motivates me to watch the show.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:05 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
I have not liked it, but didn't expect to, being disappointed with the Re-boot show. As with that, the plots are not great and feel there are too many extended characters, only allowing for some to have a line or two and there is just not much to any of it.

I feel they could have gotten by with adding only "Darlene's" young son and not the daughter. Similarly, maybe the son "D.J." could have been involved with, but not yet married with a child, and I don't care for the dumbed-down alcoholic they have made "Becky" become. The situations don't work and the lines are mostly just not funny. That being said, I always liked Laurie Metcalf and the acting by she and Goodman is fine, except feel they do not "have enough going on" and still feel the lines can be stilted. I think Sara Gilbert is especially good and the child playing her son, also.

It may be the same set and actors, but it will never be like the original show. It has been disappointing and is what I feared. As far as Roseanne Barr goes, I don't like what she did, but feel badly that she ruined it for herself and must feel lousy. I enjoyed the original, early series and feel they should have left it alone.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:15 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I have not liked it, but didn't expect to, being disappointed with the Re-boot show. As with that, the plots are not great and feel there are too many extended characters, only allowing for some to have a line or two and there is just not much to any of it.

I feel they could have gotten by with adding only "Darlene's" young son and not the daughter. Similarly, maybe the son "D.J." could have been involved with, but not yet married with a child, and I don't care for the dumbed-down alcoholic they have made "Becky" become. The situations don't work and the lines are mostly just not funny. That being said, I always liked Laurie Metcalf and the acting by she and Goodman is fine, except feel they do not "have enough going on" and still feel the lines can be stilted. I think Sara Gilbert is especially good and the child playing her son, also.

It may be the same set and actors, but it will never be like the original show. It has been disappointing and is what I feared. As far as Roseanne Barr goes, I don't like what she did, but feel badly that she ruined it for herself and must feel lousy. I enjoyed the original, early series and feel they should have left it alone.
My thing is this. The Roseanne show should have never been rebooted. The show should have been left in the 90s. The ABC executive Channing Gundry and her minions ran out of creative ideas, and decided to reboot a show in order to make money out of blue collar Midwesterners. Rebooting Roseanne was a bad idea to begin with. I feel sorry that Roseanne got fired, and she said a comment during the wrong time. Any other time the comment would have been OK. But its the wrong time we are in to make such comments as such. Now ABC regrets firing Roseanne and now the show might fail. This is a lesson for all of us on both sides. Good workers do dumb stuff, and don't be to quick to fire people for insensitivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies